Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These all sound very encouraging, but as always we'll have to see how they work out for various people and locations.

Our favorite UPL tester Chuck Cook has been out of the FSD beta action with his car in the shop after the very unfortunate accident he had (tragic situation but nothing to do with FSD/Autopilot nor any fault on his part). Though I'm not a Twitter user, I'm able to see his recent update tweet indicating that the shop has the parts and his car should be getting back together soon.

Yes, the first bullet definitely seems directed at his unprotected left scenario (as well as previous tweets from Elon). Chuck even tweeted that he suspects an internal Tesla employee was testing his specific route: .

Yes, the first bullet definitely seems directed at his unprotected left scenario (as well as previous tweets from Elon). Chuck even tweeted that he suspects an internal Tesla employee was testing his specific route: .
Suspect Chick is over analyzing. More likely it is a fellow Beta tester that has watched his videos and wanted to give it a try themselves. Tesla has his data (and 1000s of other Beta testers left turn into a median) so they don't need to send a car. If they were so interested in this intersection they would program it in the simulator to test 1000's of times a minute.

The FSD poetry forum is now open.........please submit your entries........

Reactions: PACEMD
"10.12.2 or 10.13 for wider beta release" might mean 10.12 could potentially skip the current FSD public beta audience and be limited to employees/internal?

Maybe he's referring to new additions to FSD Beta?
🫤 Continued bet hedging. 10.12.2 was the target last week. Now 10.13. It took two months to go from 10.11 to 10.12. Another two more months before new additions have a chance? Oof.

What ever happened to beta version 11.0? Wasn’t there a poll guessing when that would drop?

I know, this is the 10.12 thread. But to be fair, the current 10.11 thread was the first 10.12 thread…

Reactions: HappyPanda
🫤 Continued bet hedging. 10.12.2 was the target last week. Now 10.13. It took two months to go from 10.11 to 10.12. Another two more months before new additions have a chance? Oof.

What ever happened to beta version 11.0? Wasn’t there a poll guessing when that would drop?

I know, this is the 10.12 thread. But to be fair, the current 10.11 thread was the first 10.12 thread…
This is why I opted out of the beta request queue a couple days ago. Tired of the moving goal posts. I’m so happy I did because I actually enjoy driving again after 5 wasted months with the safety score.

When I see hard evidence they are ready to expand the beta to first time participants I’ll opt back in but not a second before.

This is why I opted out of the beta request queue a couple days ago. Tired of the moving goal posts. I’m so happy I did because I actually enjoy driving again after 5 wasted months with the safety score.

When I see hard evidence they are ready to expand the beta to first time participants I’ll opt back in but not a second before.
I'd then also suggest not to get tesla car insurance.

I don’t know if I agree. You still get a decent rate and if you end up driving like a grandma then you get a discount, which is only better than the regular price, and it’s almost instant results. Now if Tesla insurance said hey play this game for 6 and maybe then we’ll give you a discount…. Well then that’s a whole different story

10.12.1 already? I see 2022.12.3.15 has popped up on teslafi, with the sole user being previously on 2022.12.3.10 (10.12)
Per Elon's post, the majority of current FSD Beta enrollees will likelky be getting the 10.12 release after a 10.12.x rollout.

This should follow suit with the current 10.11.2 build.

That being said, I have a sinking feeling that we may also not see any new entrees to the beta program just yet for non-enrolled drivers. I have one car in and one car out. And it may stay that way for a few more weeks.

I don’t know if I agree. You still get a decent rate and if you end up driving like a grandma then you get a discount, which is only better than the regular price, and it’s almost instant results. Now if Tesla insurance said hey play this game for 6 and maybe then we’ll give you a discount…. Well then that’s a whole different story
You nailed it. I don’t mind driving with the safety score if I know there’s a benefit (lower cost insurance or eminent FSD beta admittance). The part that’s frustrating is driving with it for 5 months with literally no benefit.

Hopefully, a chunk of existing beta testers will get 10.12.1 this weekend, and then roughly all of them get either 10.12.1 or 10.12.2 within a week or two. Then maybe we have some kind of a shot at new entrants on 10.12.2, roughly 2-3 weeks out from now. If 10.12.1 and/or 10.12.2 feedback from existing testers goes poorly though (or worse, early testing is so bad it doesn't even make it to existing testers), then we're back to waiting on at least 10.13 for a wider expansion :/

10.12.1 already? I see 2022.12.3.15 has popped up on teslafi, with the sole user being previously on 2022.12.3.10 (10.12)
Yes, it's a thing:

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.22.40 AM.png