Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Elon said by next year it will be nutty good.
And we all knew that was never going to happen at the time that was said. Wishful thinking. Common problem in this space, since no one knows how to be successful yet. Not a big deal; autonomous driving is kind of a science project (an expensive one). It’ll be interesting to see where things are in five years in the industry. Might be close, hard to say.

Reactions: drtimhill
The three users on TeslaFi previously had 12.3.15, so that looks to be the next minor version. Apparently they are addressing a specific bug, or at least that seems to be the rumor.

To be fair, I’ve had this happen once on 2022.4.5.21. Not only did the car scream at me to take over immediately—to include having to shift into Drive—the “mind of car” visualization froze for a couple of minutes. That’s consistent with the FSD computer crashing hard and having to reboot.

That would be a definite show-stopper bug to fix before letting it go wide.

I actually think that when autonomous cars are very safe, and all cars are autonomous, the next logical step is to improve the efficiency of transport. For example, if the cars are able to communicate with each other, we no longer need traffic lights. We could be buzzing by other cars going the other way at fairly high speeds without risk of collision. We could have smart spacing and merging to optimize traffic flows on highways. Speed limits for the vehicles might increase when inattentiveness and slow reaction times are out of the picture. And they would be dynamic based on changing conditions like # VRUs around, weather, day vs night, level of congestion, etc.
Sounds like a primitive version of this Minority Report scene. When cars become JUST a method of transport, not a symbol of individuality or status, it will look something like this. :cool:

Reactions: Sigma4Life
Well said and completely agree with the direction you predict. Have seen this across hundreds of posts. The ones most dissatisfied with progress are often pointing out the car does not drive like Them. Or the majority that are overly concerned with how others around them view there driving as to cautious or slow. Ex “why won’t the let it go 90mph!” I would wager that the end game result with FSD will be a cautious, no hurry, law biding transport. Fully understand many that have had high performance EV rockets suddenly having to conform to a cautious follow the speed limit chauffeur will be a tough change. Autonomous driving will never be a slot car unmanned rocket. We will need to accept a calm slow Safe drive or simply drive yourself.

The problem Tesla FSD has is its L2 assisted driving which means the driver is always going to feel responsible for what the car does.

It's not until we have true autonomy that a passenger can disconnect their ego from what the car is doing. In fact if the vehicle was L4 I would purposely sit in the passenger seat to increase that disconnect.

If its truly autonomous I don't think I'd really care if it followed the speed limit, and it always came to a complete stop at a stop sign.

I would be far more willing to simply allow it to do its job without interference.

I'm probably one of the most dissatisfied people on TMC when it comes to EAP features or FSD Beta, but it's not because the car doesn't drive like me. It's because of glitches it does that presents a hazard on the road. Things like turning the turn signals on during a corner or before a 4 way stop even though its going straight. As these glitches fix fixed I'll be able to use it more. I'm too self conscious of a person to drive a car that's glitching like that.

It's going to be awhile before FSD gets to the point where I want more options to push it to drive how I drive.

The three users on TeslaFi previously had 12.3.15, so that looks to be the next minor version. Apparently they are addressing a specific bug, or at least that seems to be the rumor.

Anyone ever unbuckle your seat belt while in FSD. I've done it a couple times and I get the same thing. I forget if it stops the car, may give it a try. I'm typically only doing 5-10 MPH going up my pipe stem driveway when I do it. I thought I got dinged for it.

Is this a new visual warning for phantom braking? :p

With the last wide release, Tesla waited 8 days from the release to going wide.

So, 10.12.2 can still go wide after a few days ...

BTW, last wide release for 45 days from the previous wide release. Now we are already 53 days from last major wide release.

1653696672262.png

With the last wide release, Tesla waited 8 days from the release to going wide.

So, 10.12.2 can still go wide after a few days ...

BTW, last wide release for 45 days from the previous wide release. Now we are already 53 days from last major wide release.

View attachment 809615
It sounds insane to do a release every 2 weeks. Every 6 weeks is insanely fast in my opinion. Every 60 days is fast enough. Let the engineers digest the status and really nail the fixes

It's going to be awhile before FSD gets to the point where I want more options to push it to drive how I drive.
Doubtful FSD will ever drive how you or I drive. FSD's prime directive is don't hit a pedestrian or any object. How it accomplishes that will be uniquely different than any human driver so get used the fact it won't drive like you do.