Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think you made my point. In order for FSD to become FSD they will likely have to take away some of our ability and need to override the system to drive like us. Seems the beta opt in was a human AI learning session for us to learn to slow the hell down and conform to cautious driving. Lol
For real FSD it won’t make any difference because the riders won’t be paying attention to the road. Everyone will be reading or sleeping and just letting the car do it’s thing to get you to your destination.

Doubtful FSD will ever drive how you or I drive. FSD's prime directive is don't hit a pedestrian or any object. How it accomplishes that will be uniquely different than any human driver so get used the fact it won't drive like you do.

AP and NoA already have settings to adjust how it drives based on settings.

I can change the following distance
I can change how aggressive it is at changing lanes
I can change the speed offset based on the speed limit

These settings make sense for L2 freeway driving behavior. But, for L4 they don't really make sense anymore. For L4 these preferences get overruled by the fact that the liability is no longer on the driver.

To summarize I expect an L2 vehicle to assist me in driving the way I want. If it doesn't then its a poor assistant.

I don't expect an L4 vehicle to drive like I do, and I'm completely okay with that.

Reactions: VanFriscia
Looks like stopping before Roundabouts has been fixed.

In DirtyTesla's video, you can see the car enter the roundabout at 18 mph ... There are two roundabouts which the car handles correctly.

This would remove most of my disengagements ....

1653769487979.png

Sad news since I suspect 10.12.2 will likely be pulled by tomorrow since the "crashing" needs to be addressed. Strange this wasn't fixed from 10.12.1 and thought that was the main problem. Could easily be another week or more before the masses (me included) get 10.12.3.

Reactions: momo3605
The new version has been terrible for me today. I had to takeover many times and on several occasions it nearly pulled out in front of oncoming traffic at a left turn yield situation at a stop light. Oncoming cars and it tries to turn directly in to them like it doesn't even see them. Crazy close a few times. I captured a bunch of snapshots today.

I was really hoping to experience noticeable improvements compared to the last version but that just isn't the case for me in my area. One slight improvement is that it doesn't hog the road as much in my subdivision and it stopped the weird weaving down my unmarked street. The left side of the car still tracks slightly over the center of my unmarked street which sucks but it is slightly better than before lol.

The new visualizations are decent.