Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, how many tmc members in this thread have received 10.12.2?
If so, are you usually first to get the updates? I was an original 100% safety score and seemed to always get it as soon at released to the wider rollout. However over the last few updates, it seems really random...
I'm in your boat. I do use FSD a lot and I do report mistakes fairly often. The last update I was 2-3 weeks behind the mass release.

Wow... talk about first-world problems. First, it's "I paid lots of money, I want in the beta - I want in the beta NOW!" Then it's "Where the updates? Why is it taking so f'ing long to get updates out?!? Fix the problems NOW!" Followed by "The update is out, why aren't I getting it immediately?!? GIVE ME THE UPDATE NOW!"

Seems so familiar...

Out of curiosity, how many tmc members in this thread have received 10.12.2?
If so, are you usually first to get the updates? I was an original 100% safety score and seemed to always get it as soon at released to the wider rollout. However over the last few updates, it seems really random...
I've been right at the beginning for several FSD releases, but other times I've waited several weeks after the main flood.

They took a lot of stupid FUD heat for the 10.3 beta release.
Thats what I was meaning when replying to the other thread. The extended release schedule seems to have improved overall release quality, not reduced it.

Wow... talk about first-world problems. First, it's "I paid lots of money, I want in the beta - I want in the beta NOW!" Then it's "Where the updates? Why is it taking so f'ing long to get updates out?!? Fix the problems NOW!" Followed by "The update is out, why aren't I getting it immediately?!? GIVE ME THE UPDATE NOW!"

Seems so familiar...
Who wants any other problems than first world? They are the best ones to have !!
☺️ ☺️ ☺️

Seems so familiar...
It seems that every new release sparks download envy posts. So sad.

Just a gee wiz pic I just took from the “Stats” App. for what it’s worth.

D4712AA1-A806-44F5-8553-A21B19ECC6C1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
oh please. Don’t include everyone in that **** group.

Most of us call them YouTubers or influencers.

Absolutely nobody shills for Tesla I.e. nobody gets paid to say positive things about Tesla. There are a lot of fans of Tesla, though - who have made a lot of money from stock.
They might not get paid by Tesla to say positive things about Tesla. Clickbaiting people with the SUPER SMOOTH HANDS FREE NO INTERVENTION *insert FSD release here* MUST WATCH TESLA IS THE FUTURE GROUNDBREAKING BREATHTAKING BORDERLINE ORGASMIC RELEASE, to get hits on their YouTube channel to overhype only the positives of each release to attract a ton of hits from us peasants who are waiting for the release and from the general public who’s naturally curious about FSD…. to in return get early updates and money from channel monetization…. you be the judge if that’s shilling or not.

They might not get paid by Tesla to say positive things about Tesla. Clickbaiting people with the SUPER SMOOTH HANDS FREE NO INTERVENTION *insert FSD release here* MUST WATCH TESLA IS THE FUTURE GROUNDBREAKING BREATHTAKING BORDERLINE ORGASMIC RELEASE, to get hits on their YouTube channel to overhype only the positives of each release to attract a ton of hits from us peasants who are waiting for the release and from the general public who’s naturally curious about FSD…. to in return get early updates and money from channel monetization…. you be the judge if that’s shilling or not.
i totally disagree. You, and a lot of others see it in a very pessimistic way.

I am in love with my car. AP blows me away. When I get the beta, I am going to want to show people the awesome moments that make me say “wow! I’ve gotta show people this!”

So someone makes videos of those momentsc and when it screws up, they show that place it screwed up in the next video, and it nails it. “10.12.2 NO INTERVENTIONS” Great title for a video. It’s genuinely exciting!

There is not a SINGLE FSD beta YouTuber that has any worthwhile, monetization worthy number or followers who will say the system is perfect and public ready.

Different people have a different slant to their videos.

-Dirty tesla is kinda harsh, and calls out issues more than the rest, but he’s forward. He pisses me off sometimes because he can complain too much, but that point of views important.

-Chuck is technical, wants his car to nail a situation, and loves to share the stress tests. He gets to be technical, creative with his drone, dial in his filming technique including production with his CANNBUS data. He loves that stuff, and so do I. Cool to see an older guy loving new stuff.

-Wholemars, loves to go for drives through his regular routes, throw some good music on it, and show a time lapse. People dig it, and he produces his own music for some of them! I enjoy them. Showing all the screw ups and bad takes isn’t always necessary. Sometimes it’s nice to see it just succeed. On twitter he can be pretty harsh on failures of each version.

These people are passionate about their cars, and the technology, and they enjoy creating content. The production aspect interests them. That’s why they made videos in the first place. People like watching people be passionate about something, so yeah, the content creators post generally positive stuff, with titles that make people want to watch their video, but they all admit the issues. They found a way to make money off sharing something their passionate about. That’s something to envy, not talk trash about and call “shills.” Have you ever talked to any of them? I have, and they are genuinely happy and passionate about this stuff and love sharing the good and the bad.

Step back and see that these are people that enjoy this stuff and aren’t just trying to make money by saying what people want to hear. Making some cash is just a perk.

Some positivity around here isn’t a bad thing…

Last edited:

If you have problems with clickbait’s - like I do, don’t click. They won’t be in the business for long.

But alas, click baiting works. As Apple fans have shown for 15 years.

Oh, and Play Station fans.

And Android fans.

And XBox fans.

And Nintendo fans.

And …. You get the idea.

If you have problems with clickbait’s - like I do, don’t click. They won’t be in the business for long.

But alas, click baiting works. As Apple fans have shown for 15 years.

Oh, and Play Station fans.

And Android fans.

And XBox fans.

And Nintendo fans.

And …. You get the idea.
Right!?

But seriously, what else should they say?

“My tesla drove me from my home to the grocery store and it did okay. You can watch a video of it if you want”

I’m not watching that lol

Reactions: EVNow
i totally disagree. You, and a lot of others see it in a very pessimistic way.

I am in love with my car. AP blows me away. When I get the beta, I am going to want to show people the awesome moments that make me say “wow! I’ve gotta show people this!”

So someone makes videos of those momentsc and when it screws up, they show that place it screwed up in the next video, and it nails it. “10.12.2 NO INTERVENTIONS” Great title for a video. It’s genuinely exciting!

There is not a SINGLE FSD beta YouTuber that has any worthwhile, monetization worthy number or followers who will say the system is perfect and public ready.

Different people have a different slant to their videos.

-Dirty tesla is kinda harsh, and calls out issues more than the rest, but he’s forward. He pisses me off sometimes because he can complain too much, but that point of views important.

-Chuck is technical, wants his car to nail a situation, and loves to share the stress tests. He gets to be technical, creative with his drone, dial in his filming technique including production with his CANNBUS data. He loves that stuff, and so do I. Cool to see an older guy loving new stuff.

-Wholemars, loves to go for drives through his regular routes, throw some good music on it, and show a time lapse. People dig it, and he produces his own music for some of them! I enjoy them. Showing all the screw ups and bad takes isn’t always necessary. Sometimes it’s nice to see it just succeed. On twitter he can be pretty harsh on failures of each version.

These people are passionate about their cars, and the technology, and they enjoy creating content. The production aspect interests them. That’s why they made videos in the first place. People like watching people be passionate about something, so yeah, the content creators post generally positive stuff, with titles that make people want to watch their video, but they all admit the issues. They found a way to make money off sharing something their passionate about. That’s something to envy, not talk trash about and call “shills.” Have you ever talked to any of them? I have, and they are genuinely happy and passionate about this stuff and love sharing the good and the bad.

Step back and see that these are people that enjoy this stuff and aren’t just trying to make money by saying what people want to hear. Making some cash is just a perk.

Some positivity around here isn’t a bad thing…
Well said. So don’t understand the BS “shill” statements or curiosity of why them not me getting the software first? Anyone that thinks these people are getting Rich doing these videos really should try it some time or do some research. I would wager based on the time, effort, tech equipment they have invested they hardly make anything doing this. As for why them first. Because they are actually contributing detailed value Tesla needs to improve the product. Way more then “I drive a lot“ or “I will push the button lots”. Many of these individuals are doing repeat trouble shooting tests with dozens of different camera or drone angles that are real world help for Tesla. Sure they could just turn off the cameras and simply vent on a forum about their day but that adds nothing to the refinement. Try to appreciate the contributions of others rather then judging because it doesn’t fit the “I deserve it to I’m owed” stigma.

ha! I actually think he's too lenient :D

but this does point out that we each have our expectations of how well the car should drive. I've noticed this during the AP2 days as well. Whereas I tended to think that AP performed pretty well and was definitely doing its job of making my horrible 80-mi round trip bumper to bumper commute way better, I was constantly seeing people super unhappy with AP. The objective performance of AP was probably the same for most everyone, but our mindset about it was different.

Roundabout is a mess with a newer version. Suppose to slow down before yield sign. It decided to enter a roundabout then stop in a middle of it. 2nd time, it did slow down then decided to change lane inside roundabout. Technically you can't change lane in the middle of roundabout with solid white line. But it did anyway. So scary..luckily there were no cars around in both cases.

Just back from a Memorial Day Free Tesla Charging Incentive trip to LA and I was bit three times by this:

0EBB492C-FD5E-4D09-AD9E-E2A0A7445FFA_1_102_a.jpeg

AutoSteering Speed Limit???? I get that AutoSteer is rated for a certain MPH and above that things are coming at it too fast, but all I am doing is pushing it a little when it doesn't speed up enough when I change lanes into the passing lane. Isn't that why we have the beta? So we can tell the car that it needs to do something different by grabbing the wheel, or hitting the brakes or the gas?

Now I am locked out of AutoSteer until I next stop the car. What if I get in an accident now? I am a little drowsy, isn't this LESS SAFE?

I get if they have people running the AutoSteer ALL the time too fast, but this is JUST me goosing it when it runs too slow. I haven't been bit before by this, perhaps because I don't normally drive this fast, the route down Hwy 5 is basically all 80-90 MPH traffic. I am already close to the limit. It just seems wrong.

Roundabout is a mess with a newer version. Suppose to slow down before yield sign. It decided to enter a roundabout then stop in a middle of it. 2nd time, it did slow down then decided to change lane inside roundabout. Technically you can't change lane in the middle of roundabout with solid white line. But it did anyway. So scary..luckily there were no cars around in both cases.
Curious to know how fast the car entered the roundabout? Did the car slow down to negotiate around the rotary once it entered?
It will be interesting to hear back from you if this behavior improves over the next week or two. I often find that to be the case with a new build.