Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per TeslaFi
1027 on or about to install 10.12.2
1303 installed or installing 10.11.2 (minus though pending 10.12.2 install)

Excluding older betas still installed and those still waiting to get it...almost 50% have moved to latest update.

Based on Tesla installs and with caveats, as partial mentioned above.

Congrats everyone quickly moving to latest version.

Per TeslaFi

Excluding older betas still installed and those still waiting to get it...almost 50% have moved to latest update.

Guess I need to go out and press the Advanced Button on/off 69 times then get out and do the Elon dance, get back in and press and hold the Advanced button 4:20 minutes.

Per TeslaFi

Damb the torpedoes just DOWNLOAD AND DRIVE!

1654039234384.png

getiup us new guys want a shot

Reactions: pilotSteve
Some more observations after a 20mi drive. Lots of good stuff to report.

The wonky lane choices from the past version (10.11.2) seem to be fixed. The car is no longer diving for right turn lanes when it's supposed to go straight, for example. On this drive, I passed by 2 places where the car always picked the wrong lane on the last version. Now it does the right thing.

I have a road that transitions from a 2-lane double yellow to unmarked. Previously as soon as it got to the unmarked part, it would suddenly slow to just below 30mph. It seemed like there was a hardcoded max speed limit of around 28mph for unmarked roads. Now that limit appears to be lifted completely. The car continued at my set speed of 45mph onto the unmarked road. Looks like the system is more confident on unmarked roads now.

The "other cars" in the visualization are rock steady (no jitter), so they finally feel like they're anchored to the ground. Remains true for stationary cars as ego starts moving. The lane lines still jitter a bit.

Fewer whimsical hesitations on the long stretches of uninterrupted driving. This has improved to the point I'm no longer hovering my foot over the accelerator in preparation to override. I may have just gotten lucky with only 2 drives under my belt so far. Will keep monitoring.

First 10.12.2 drive:

tl;dr: Welcome refinements but more work to be done.

Tested in rush hour traffic, for a extra-special experience!

More assertive at intersections. Generally, it does a good job taking its turn correctly and moving out confidently. But, not always. Still seems to hesitate a bit or start out slowly at some intersections. On the whole, however, it is much improved here.

Turns are smoother than ever. Like with stop signs, there still are some turns that result in some steering jerkiness. Mostly on turns that are unusual in some way. I had one unprotected left where the car turned toward the oncoming lane on the left!

Seems to do better staying in the lane on tight turns, so long as they are not too tight. I had one case where there was a sharp, 15 mph, turn where the car did not slow down enough and ended up halfway in the opposing lane. No oncoming traffic, fortunately.

The car still slows down too much when the car in front slows and turns right. Then, the car hesitates and does not accelerate quickly enough to recover. This has been a problem for a while and has not improved.

I had one case where the car pulled into a left turn lane when it should have continued straight. This is another nasty habit carried over from the previous version.

I got two cases of the mysterious three-beep warning. Both seemed to be on curves with oncoming traffic, so maybe a brief FCW? No message on the display. The car did not otherwise react and kept driving fine. Annoying.

A couple very minor PB events that seemed to be in response to oncoming traffic on two lane roads. Neither case was concerning at all, but noted. Will need to drive more high-speed two-lane roads for a better test.

No Red Wheels of Death, despite driving on unlined rural and residential roads.

I had one case where the car pulled into a left turn lane when it should have continued straight. This is another nasty habit carried over from the previous version.
Darn, I'm sorry to hear that, as that particular bug is one of the reasons I don't use FSD very much. My car just loves left turn lanes to death right now.

I'm still going to try it out in a few places, though. I'd like to see if it still goes into the "suicide lane" prior to the left turn lanes becoming demarcated on the asphalt, as even just not doing this would be a huge improvement.

Reactions: sleepydoc
The car still slows down too much when the car in front slows and turns right. Then, the car hesitates and does not accelerate quickly enough to recover. This has been a problem for a while and has not improved.
Do you have "chill" mode ? Not sure whether that affects the behavior.

If you switch to AP you will see the improvement, though. In AP it would take forever to restart - FSD is better. In earlier releases FSD would slow down early and restart faster. Now it seems to slow down late (hoping the car would complete the turn and we don't have to slow down ?) - and restart slowly.

Did it signal a lane change .... if so you can cancel. Thats what I do for unwanted lane changes.

But FSD does have issues picking out the lanes. I wonder whether these are cases where the map shows different number of lanes than reality.

Just upgraded to 10.12.2 hoping that it would lift my suspension. It didn't, and this is the 2nd update since I've been suspended. Anyone know what's going on with that? It clearly says my suspension would be lifted with a future update and know its been 2 and no luck. At this point I'll go back it the main software line and get timely updates rather then stay in FSD and fall behind without the actually benefit of being able to use FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Upgraded today and did my normal route. It could not even navigate two of the simplest non-drama right turns that was never an issue in the past. It approached the turn nervously with the jittery wheel action, stopped and then proceeded straight. I’m not sure what’s going on with that but first pass failed on the simplest action. Im going to recalibrate my cameras to see if that makes a difference.

1. 690 posts in the thread before we hit wide release. The entire 10.6 thread was 190 from cradle to grave and 10.7 even got canx'd 😂

2. Can't test for a few days. Anyone get to see if it is still hellbent on staying in the left lane on divided highways that don't rise to the "limited access" criteria for NoA?

Slight gripe is that the new version has the visual snap back to the original orientation very quickly after adjusting it to see the cars being rendered after you stop touching the screen. Before, I could rotate the visual and get a few seconds before it would snap back to the original orientation.
Does it do this if you have full screen visualization active?

Slight gripe is that the new version has the visual snap back to the original orientation very quickly after adjusting it to see the cars being rendered after you stop touching the screen. Before, I could rotate the visual and get a few seconds before it would snap back to the original orientation.

Yeah I wish there was a feature to lock a custom camera angle in place. The change is def in the wrong direction IMO. Esp when I want to see how far the system can see for the road I'm turning onto. Gonna email them the use case.

Has anyone gotten this via LTE, by chance?

*grumble* I just discovered that my daughter had unplugged my WiFi extender that I use to get coverage out to my garage. "So Phlier, just plug the darn thing back in!" Why can't it ever be that easy? I think she must have somehow cleared all the settings, so now I gotta go hook it up via ethernet to my laptop and start over.

Man, I can't wait for the prices on WiFi 6 stuff to come down.