Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. 690 posts in the thread before we hit wide release. The entire 10.6 thread was 190 from cradle to grave and 10.7 even got canx'd 😂

Back then, we were still heavily using this thread:

so I don't think comparing postcount per dedicated version thread can be reliably done with the older versions.

Just curious…. Any new testers added yet, or are people with 100 safety scores for six
Months still waiting? I unenrolled yesterday, and had. 100 30 score. Decided I didn’t want this abomination, and them be stuck with it for months waiting for the next - like those stuck on 2022.4….

Ok - took my first drive and overall I'm not impressed and actually disappointed. I had 5 deactivations in 10 miles.

The good - turns are more 'self confident.' Taking an unprotected turn from our neighborhood onto a 50 MPH county road went well - before it required confirmation before proceeding. Less hesitation in turns.

The bad -
Within 100 feet of turning on FSD I got the screaming red wheel for me to take over.

The new-found self confidence often borders on aggression and turns have actually become harsh with sudden initiation and acceleration. The acceleration that was too slow before is now almost too fast. Essentially it's gone from timid to aggressive and harsh.

As @Supcom said, it still has the habit of randomly pulling into turn lanes. There are 5 places within a few miles of my house where it would consistently do this. It still does it in at least 3 of them. (@EVNow - no, hitting the blinker doesn't cancel it) It will choose the wrong lane, then put the blinker on to exit the lane, then jerk back and forth and proceed to take the turn. confusing to drivers around you, often dangerous and very uncomfortable experience)

I had an episode where there was a car waiting to take a left turn and FSD had it's left turn lane on but proceeded to try to go around the waiting car on the right.

Still getting random blinker activations.

Overall I'd say this is perhaps a slight improvement to neutral. My biggest single issue before was FSD's propensity to randomly enter turn lanes. That might be improved but not enough to matter and often makes it close to unusable. The improvements in turning are nice but they've created a harsh, unpleasant ride, so it's hard to appreciate them.

w firmware first, followed by the EAP crowd, and then some subset of the safety score test cohort. Tesla is likely minimizing risk by releasing smaller-to-la

Careful being so positive or you’ll be defined as a Shill lol. Looking forward to this update and hoping for similar results. All in all (to me) the progress from version 1 of Lego block streets to today is rather impressive. Some rather smart and savvy people at those computers.
Context is everything, play telephone much? :)

Reactions: sleepydoc
I find 10.12.2 to be much improved on my daily neighborhood routes. At 3 points that would consistently disengage and/or force me to disengage, I was surprised to pass through all 3 intersections without issue. Initiating a move through intersections is still a bit hesitant based on the traffic I encounter daily. I find if FSD pauses even the slightest, most people at the intersection will proceed out of turn.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Just upgraded to 10.12.2 hoping that it would lift my suspension. It didn't, and this is the 2nd update since I've been suspended. Anyone know what's going on with that? It clearly says my suspension would be lifted with a future update and know its been 2 and no luck. At this point I'll go back it the main software line and get timely updates rather then stay in FSD and fall behind without the actually benefit of being able to use FSD.

I had one hit many months ago out of what I think was a possible three. The next release I think they went to five and my one cleared. Since then I got one more which carried over from 11.2 to 12.2.

Upgraded today and did my normal route. It could not even navigate two of the simplest non-drama right turns that was never an issue in the past. It approached the turn nervously with the jittery wheel action, stopped and then proceeded straight. I’m not sure what’s going on with that but first pass failed on the simplest action. Im going to recalibrate my cameras to see if that makes a difference.

well, I couldn't be excited enough to repost. I tried the same route again tonight and the right turn issue disappeared. It seemed to have learned from the mistake and not repeat it the 2nd time around. In fact, the entire drive was great. The one thing that really delighted my soul is the human like smoothness on the turns which is new. Also, confidence is greatly improved during creeping. There isn't as long of a pause after creeping ahead for visibility. All in all the turns into right, left and roundabout are all silky smooth now. I'm excited about these improvements and after 9 months of slow progress/regression in the FSD beta program think this release is the most improved.

C901A3EF-0006-41D4-B66D-553ED045B6F7.jpeg

Just throwing this out there. Third time he’s said it about a specific software release. Never done that before.

So I’m getting red arms of death every 30 seconds or so, no matter how much I torque the yoke. Pretty much have to disengage and re-engage for them to go away. Anything else results in this

View attachment 811306

I have never had a single strike before. Tried a restart. This issue makes this FSD release virtually useless 🤨
So does that mean you got a Strike? That’s the way I read/interpret that?

Ski