Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, mine is also loading now. Can’t wait to see if it is a great improvement (which some report) or a train wreck (which others have reported). I guess it just shows how complex the software is that so many people are getting totally different results. In the old days a software bug would affect everybody equally, it was annoying but at least you did not feel singled out and picked on.

Reactions: JeremyJ
Mine (2017 Model S 100D) also states 3 strikes only (not 5). Also, 10.12.2 is my 2nd FSD Beta update since my first (& so far only) strike.
I was hoping a new release would eliminate previous strike(s), but I guess not.

Wonder why some show they are allowed 5 strikes while others like CaptUAL & myself + others are allowed only 3?
Cars with interior cameras get five strikes. No camera, three

My car is still on the earlier beta version, and I've randomly gotten the take over immediately red hands numerous times. The dfifference was that it didnt result in me getting any strikes as with this new beta version.

The installations seem to have slowed. Perhaps Tesla will fix this now before a larger roll out. Thanks to everyone who is testing it now and helping to make the release cleaner!

Edit: Seems all I had to do was post this to get the update! 😂

Last edited:
First couple drives on simple routes:
* nice to see it recognize and react to open doors
* still wanders into the middle of unmarked roads at random
* phantom braking still a constant menace in the city; sometimes it’s somewhat explainable (eg trying to yield to pedestrians who aren’t crossing) and sometimes not
* still hesitates off the line both following cars in heavy traffic and across some intersections
* jerky longitudinal control; sometimes when it finally moves with the proper amount of confidence it wimps out again and does a hard slowdown in the middle of the maneuver, Eg unprotected left where it braked hard right as it was completing the turn, then accelerated hard, then braked hard again before accelerating normally. Happened at least a couple times

Last edited:
Well back to my dirt roads on the 3. My usual loop has been done 3 times with a total of about 160 miles. Many instances when the car would go much faster than I was comfortable as I was looking for the point at which the car would say I am concentrating can't go faster.... Prior FSD beta releases on unmarked dirt roads I would get to about 27-32 mph tops. Now there was nothing stopping the speed from increasing except for me to say too much. Blind hills etc..all on dirt. Felt almost like a mad man. So after dialing it back to say 30 I approached oncoming traffic a few times. Dead stop from whatever speed traveling. No alerts or take control, but unsettling to say the least. Just to confirm did it again this AM. Only oncoming cars. This I had experienced in previous releases, but this was like AEB style for those have experienced it. Where prior it was more gradual and wheel would turn a bit away from oncoming car.

I test in a very rural area up where Dirty Tesla lives. Which brings me to the video that he had out the other day. I drove that drive twice. I am sure we all encounter different situations, but many times I was getting the what is this drunk guy doing look, and stopping everywhere. Do FSD beta Youtubers use the feet to get the car going, and isn't that considered intervention?

Overall better in other areas and seemed a bit more confident. So some progress from my little experience.

Cars with interior cameras get five strikes. No camera, three
Ummm...My 2021 MSP Does have interior camera, and it's 3 strikes?

Cabin camera is located above the rear-view mirror and is equipped in the following vehicles:

Tesla Support: Car Safety and Security Features
  • Model S (produced in 2021 or later)
  • Model X (produced in 2021 or later)
  • Model 3
  • Model Y

Last edited:
The idea is not to drive with no interventions.

The idea is to test and intervene whenever needed.
Haven't seen any videos of the feet of FSD Youtube Testers while driving, but in city settings taking a full intervention free approach from the accelerator I don't see how the results from other drivers would be anything close to what is portrayed in city settings during many Youtube videos.

Commonality: Both are Model S.

Interesting...
Ummm...My 2021 MSP Does have interior camera, and it's 3 strikes?

Older models do not have the cabin camera, and of course those limitations apply forward to Model S/X with all the requisite hardware which would normally enable 5 strikes, because this is Tesla.

My dog is clearly not impressed, so I will not install it. Clearly it would be crazy to install it at this point. It sounds like it's broken (which we already knew of course; we just know it's even more broken than we thought). Doesn't sound like it happens to everyone, but seems like enough to take a pass for now until more people taking the plunge make the picture more clear. Presumably an update will be forthcoming shortly.

IMG_2156.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Phlier
Yep, definitely "game changer" and "fire". Lots of progress I see

*still wanders into the middle of unmarked roads at random
* phantom braking still a constant menace in the city; sometimes it’s somewhat explainable (eg trying to yield to pedestrians who aren’t crossing) and sometimes not
* still hesitates off the line both following cars in heavy traffic and across some intersections
* jerky longitudinal control; sometimes when it finally moves with the proper amount of confidence it wimps out again and does a hard slowdown in the middle of the maneuver, Eg unprotected left where it braked hard right as it was completing the turn, then accelerated hard, then braked hard again before accelerating normally. Happened at least a couple times

Reactions: jeremymc7