Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still waiting... we had a 96 safety score on our Model Y and just got the download a couple hours ago. Seems to be rolling out in waves, so hang in there. My wife's reaction? "You finally got your stupid software. Now I can go back to having fun while I drive, and not worry about being yelled at for the Safety Score. But now I won't want to drive with you in EITHER car!" (We have had FSD on our Model 3 since December and she hates driving with me because I ALWAYS use FSD and it makes her nuts.)

Reactions: edseloh and aronth5
Not off to a good start, seems like a small group of users reporting the same here.

It would be kind of amusing if they started striking out people who just got added to the program, though.

Looks like it's happening. Not surprising. Seems like maybe there's some sort of weird hardware/software issue with some cars, given the lack of camera availability warning. If you see that message (which is not normal) best to not use FSD Beta, it seems to get very upset!

Is anyone else have trouble with the climate control on 10.12.2? I have to set the temp at about 65 to get any ac - it's 85 outside. I checked that the settings are on auto. Tried rebooting. No change I noticed this a few days after the update. Not sure if it's related.
No one replied so I guess it's unique to me. However, it is back to working fine today. I just hope the climate control doesn't stop working on my trip through the Majave Desert!

The MAIN problem is fixed cameras. We have our "cameras" mounted on a rotating, swiveling, tilting and movable jib. A fixed position is stuck and must rely on the entire car moving while we manage to "find a way" to see.
Mechanical fixtures would be too unreliable. It would seem like maybe 2 fixed wide eye cameras on the windshield should cover 180 degrees plus. Anyway, why would a design be approved with blind spots to the left and right of the front of the car? My car creeps halfway into the intersections at stop signs before proceeding. Crazy!

For those still waiting... we had a 96 safety score on our Model Y and just got the download a couple hours ago. Seems to be rolling out in waves, so hang in there. My wife's reaction? "You finally got your stupid software. Now I can go back to having fun while I drive, and not worry about being yelled at for the Safety Score. But now I won't want to drive with you in EITHER car!" (We have had FSD on our Model 3 since December and she hates driving with me because I ALWAYS use FSD and it makes her nuts.)
That is a comfort. The AI almost always wrong "Forward Collision Warnings" hit me today, dropping me to 98. I could get back up to 99 if I was willing to drive 100 more miles today perfectly. Although using this for safety makes sense, calculating it on a daily basis then averaging does not. I have not had a collision warning for months, but those hundreds of warning free days do not count for much when avergaing highly non-linear terms like this. Tesla, please change this one to be over the last 30 days driven instead of affecting a daily average. One hit on a day with say 10 miles today gives you a 51 safety score for that day (1 hit in 20 miles is an 84 safety rating, 30 miles is 91, 40 is 93. to hit a score of 98 requires 100 miles. Easy in a month, hard for many of us in one day.

Last edited:
New tester here on the latest rollout. I know this will take some time to get comfortable with, but just wanted to share a couple of observations to report from my first few tests:
  • It loves curbs... too much. Every right turn at an intersection clips the curb too close and I have to override to avoid hitting them. If it's a left turn with a median, it will get too close on the left wheels to the median curb trying to get into the turning lane.
  • Waits until it gets too close to slow down at a red light or traffic, it's very abrupt and jerky. I wish it was a more gradual slowdown instead of slamming on the brakes
  • When taking off at a green light, acceleration is jerky even if there's no cars ahead. It will go to about 30%, pause, 40%, pause, 60% pause, etc
  • Takes blind sharp turns way too fast if there's no lead car, it ends up going over the yellow line into the opposing lane. I had this happen with an oncoming car in the opposing lane and had to overtake.
  • The lane selection is all over the place, everything seems opposite. If I have an upcoming right turn, it gets into the left lane for some reason if I'm already in the correct lane and vice vera. Sometimes it will just randomly change lanes with no upcoming turns or traffic
  • Sitting at a red light behind a car, the wheel jerks hard over to the right and started accelerating slowly to try to merge into the right lane (2 cars there, no room to even go). Not sure why it even tried this, there was an upcoming left turn.
Since this is my first version I'm not sure of any issues reported in past versions, but excited to see improvements in future versions.

New tester here on the latest rollout. I know this will take some time to get comfortable with, but just wanted to share a couple of observations to report from my first few tests:
  • It loves curbs... too much. Every right turn at an intersection clips the curb too close and I have to override to avoid hitting them. If it's a left turn with a median, it will get too close on the left wheels to the median curb trying to get into the turning lane.
  • Waits until it gets too close to slow down at a red light or traffic, it's very abrupt and jerky. I wish it was a more gradual slowdown instead of slamming on the brakes
  • When taking off at a green light, acceleration is jerky even if there's no cars ahead. It will go to about 30%, pause, 40%, pause, 60% pause, etc
  • Takes blind sharp turns way too fast if there's no lead car, it ends up going over the yellow line into the opposing lane. I had this happen with an oncoming car in the opposing lane and had to overtake.
  • The lane selection is all over the place, everything seems opposite. If I have an upcoming right turn, it gets into the left lane for some reason if I'm already in the correct lane and vice vera. Sometimes it will just randomly change lanes with no upcoming turns or traffic
  • Sitting at a red light behind a car, the wheel jerks hard over to the right and started accelerating slowly to try to merge into the right lane (2 cars there, no room to even go). Not sure why it even tried this, there was an upcoming left turn.
Since this is my first version I'm not sure of any issues reported in past versions, but excited to see improvements in future versions.
Report them anyway .. squeaky wheels and all that :)

Yep another few hundred more new beta people. When looking at the previously installed version the percentage of people coming from 10.11.2 was 99% when I checked last week; now it’s at 80%.

Congrats on all the new people in now or downloading soon.

I do hope that this wider expansion push is an indication that we’re ready for it from a technical standpoint and thus getting that much closer to V11; not just expanding for other reasons - ie because Musk demanded it, pressure from owners, public relations, etc.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yep another few hundred more new beta people. When looking at the previously installed version the percentage of people coming from 10.11.2 was 99% when I checked last week; now it’s at 80%.

Congrats on all the new people in now or downloading soon.

I do hope that this wider expansion push is an indication that we’re ready for it from a technical standpoint and thus getting that much closer to V11; not just expanding for other reasons - ie because Musk demanded it, pressure from owners, public relations, etc.
Pressure from owners is a valid reason to expand.