Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s actually a really good and interesting hypothesis. with 11.2 FSD couldn’t handle a blinking red light - it would sit and wait until you hit the accelerator. Has anyone encountered a blinking red light with 12.2 to know how it behaves?
I passed through an intersection that had gone into failsafe blinking red all around yesterday. My car handled it perfectly. Did it twice.

Watch UTube Black TEsla just released, nasty and scary!

Well, he starts off emphasizing quite a bit that you should disengage when necessary and not to be afraid of disengaging. then he lets his car get curb/rim rash..... My own disengagements have saved me from both right and left hand turns that would have hit the curb. Pretty obvious from the initial trajectory if it's going to cut something close.

Can you elaborate? I haven’t noticed that and when you have a car exiting the lane (i.e. moving into a turn lane) FSD tends to wait longer than most drivers would before accelerating and passing the turning car.
I've been driving down a 2 or 3 lane road and the driver next to me drifts into my lane.... or coming around a sweeping curve, the oncoming traffic drifts over the center lane. Not much to go on for FSD...

the outside or inside line. I think most drivers tend to hug the inside line on curves.
Long sweeping curve to the right... FSD hugs the center lane (left side of the lane) where I would typically hug the right

Yes, this is new behavior for 12.2. Previously it would be much slower to accelerate, hence the people calling it ‘confident’ and ‘aggressive.’ A lot of that is personal style and taste but I’m hoping they’ll back off on it a bit. The braking style has been that way for a while. I’d prefer it would brake more gradually, too. What would be nice is to have an option to set the driving style.
It seems counter intuitive to me. My Dad would say "save your brakes" and "save gas"... back in the 1970's :)

Just got home from a 40 mile round trip drive. FSD is some cool software for sure. It sure feels good to hand-fly it too :)

For those who recently received the Beta: does anyone else feel that after all the sweat and tears we put into maintaining a high Safety Score, that we should be able to score FSD back to Tesla? I certainly wouldn't give it a 99+.

If it could score a 99+, it wouldn't need people with 99+ scores to help test it.

I passed through an intersection that had gone into failsafe blinking red all around yesterday. My car handled it perfectly. Did it twice.
So that's new. The last time I had a blinking red light with 11.2 FSD couldn't handle it. Makes me wonder if @dtdtdt 's hypothesis is correct.

'Blinking' LEDs is a problem with many digital camera systems - I wonder if they could lengthen the frame exposure to compensate and eliminate the effect? Otherwise it could be quite difficult to distinguish between a blinking light and an LED

Does FSDBeta in the car actually learn and improve as your car uses it or only “possibly “ when the next update comes?
No in car learning going on at all. It’s also not really learning your AREA or capturing area specific info to upload to the hive for broader dissemination. Frankly, I think it’s a failing not to learn things like giant potholes or major road impairments or certain areas where situationally driving might be more challenging. A driver would ‘learn’ these things over time and be able to adjust and correct going forward - with enough repetition. The Tesla doesn’t seem to learn any of this type of stuff.

No in car learning going on at all. It’s also not really learning your AREA or capturing area specific info to upload to the hive for broader dissemination. Frankly, I think it’s a failing not to learn things like giant potholes or major road impairments or certain areas where situationally driving might be more challenging. A driver would ‘learn’ these things over time and be able to adjust and correct going forward - with enough repetition. The Tesla doesn’t seem to learn any of this type of stuff.
Very few AI systems actually 'learn' anything. The vast majority of them are simply huge pattern recognition systems. True computer learning very rare.

Wild speculation here: I wonder if the red lights are LED. And, rather than being on all the time, they actually flash multiple times per second, fast enough that the eye sees them as continuous. However, if their flash rate is close to, but not exactly the same as, a multiple of the camera scan rate, then it could set up a beat where the Tesla would catch them off sometimes and on other times, and think they were flashing red lights and treat them like a stop sign?

Like I said, just speculation.
I had a situation earlier that was similar. It was showing the car in front of me as having their left turn signal on, but it was just their brake lights on (but LEDs).

~ 3,250 now. So, they have added about 50 more.
What's interesting, TeslaFi isn't showing my enrollment at all (at least in the public list). So I'm curious if their numbers are accurate or somewhat obfuscated.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
Can some one please show me on this picture of my screen (while FSD is engaged) where the "report" camera icon is ?
or is supposed to be??

Thanks

Inked20220608_124937_LI.jpg

Can some one please show me on this picture of my screen (while FSD is engaged) where the "report" camera icon is ?
or is supposed to be??

Thanks

View attachment 814195
OK, I'm about to show my ignorance.

That looks to be a Model S screen up there. I'm driving a Model 3 which, natch, doesn't have the behind-the-wheel screen to mess with.

So, for one thing, the right side of panel display has the map; the left side has all the speed markings, the fancy FSD display with all the cars, curbs, lane markings, and pedestrians out there; and the middle of the screen has the NoA directions, using up a bit of the top center of the map display.

The bottom edge of the screen looks just like yours with temperatures, the picture of the car, and the itty bitty icons for this and that.

But, more to the point, the top edge of the screen also has a bunch of icons from left to right. One of those is for the CAM, but there's very definitely the new FSD recorder icon up there.

Therefore: Is the, "nearly everything is a map, flooded out to the top edge" an option, or is it permanently like the above on the Model S?

Reactions: Alset2