Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I'm about to show my ignorance.

That looks to be a Model S screen up there. I'm driving a Model 3 which, natch, doesn't have the behind-the-wheel screen to mess with.

So, for one thing, the right side of panel display has the map; the left side has all the speed markings, the fancy FSD display with all the cars, curbs, lane markings, and pedestrians out there; and the middle of the screen has the NoA directions, using up a bit of the top center of the map display.

The bottom edge of the screen looks just like yours with temperatures, the picture of the car, and the itty bitty icons for this and that.

But, more to the point, the top edge of the screen also has a bunch of icons from left to right. One of those is for the CAM, but there's very definitely the new FSD recorder icon up there.

Therefore: Is the, "nearly everything is a map, flooded out to the top edge" an option, or is it permanently like the above on the Model S?
Il check that out. Im usallly the one showing where things are. Truth is , Im failry certain that its missing. I have tried all kinds of screen configs with the exception of pulling up the menus screen that was suggested...thanks for the ideas though

Early days - but the crowd sourced FSD Tracker shows more disengagements with 10.12 compared to 10.11.

1654713619948.png

At 20 mph in my neighborhood, MSP, on Autopilot Full FSD Beta- Car applied brakes hard, swerved left, sounded warning, then continued normal. I NEVER even saw this moron that blew through the Yield sign....and I'm not sure he ever saw me? But I think the Autopilot FSD Beta saved me from getting clipped.
It can't be. So many internet experts here predict that FSD is going to cause accidents.

Reactions: tmoz
At 20 mph in my neighborhood, MSP, on Autopilot Full FSD Beta- Car applied brakes hard, swerved left, sounded warning, then continued normal. I NEVER even saw this moron that blew through the Yield sign....and I'm not sure he ever saw me? But I think the Autopilot FSD Beta saved me from getting clipped.

My brother-in-law who lives in LA would say "par for the course for a Range Rover."

I had a situation earlier that was similar. It was showing the car in front of me as having their left turn signal on, but it was just their brake lights on (but LEDs).

Chuck Cook had speculated that either FSDb is inferring the direction a car will turn, and then show their turn signal based on that inference, even if the car doesn't have its blinker on.

He then admitted maybe that wasn't happening at all, and FSDb was seeing the reflection of his own blinker on the lead car.

I've yet to see framerate blindless with LED car headlights or stoplights in the camera feeds. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be happening, since there could be some post-processing going on for the video feeds that isn't happening in the raw video data being processed by FSDb.

Chuck Cook had speculated that either FSDb is inferring the direction a car will turn, and then show their turn signal based on that inference, even if the car doesn't have its blinker on.

He then admitted maybe that wasn't happening at all, and FSDb was seeing the reflection of his own blinker on the lead car.

I've yet to see framerate blindless with LED car headlights or stoplights in the camera feeds. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be happening, since there could be some post-processing going on for the video feeds that isn't happening in the raw video data being processed by FSDb.
Don't think it would be either it inferring a turn, or a reflection. This was in a drive through line with hard curbs on both sides and no turn in sight.

Big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all around from me though.

Can some one please show me on this picture of my screen (while FSD is engaged) where the "report" camera icon is ?
or is supposed to be??

Thanks

View attachment 814195
@Alset2 ok I found an example, click the car icon in the lower left, then the camera on the top about a third of the way over:

1654723373176.png

Taken from this video: (timed to start at the spot where he talks about reporting being more difficult.)

Reactions: Alset2
@Alset2 ok I found an example, click the car icon in the lower left, then the camera on the top about a third of the way over:

View attachment 814310

Taken from this video: (timed to start at the spot where he talks about reporting being more difficult.)

yes...thats only place I find it , thanks for the response. It still seems to me it should be on the main screen...but what do I know lol

FSD violates Oregon bike law.

At least in Oregon, when there is a bike lane, it is illegal for a car to enter the bike lane in preparation for a turn (typically a right turn). But FSD will usually do that. It doesn't hog the whole bike lane, but it definitely drifts over the line. Tsk, tsk.

At least in Oregon, when there is a bike lane, it is illegal for a car to enter the bike lane in preparation for a turn (typically a right turn). But FSD will usually do that. It doesn't hog the whole bike lane, but it definitely drifts over the line. Tsk, tsk.
Sigh! In California, you must merge into the bike lane for a right turn (after the solid line turns to dashes). That way there is no confusion about who goes next.

Any help on how to force our model y to update to latest beta? We are still stuck at 4.5.21. According to teslafi we are one of 51 people still with old FSD. Have been in the program since Christmas day. Car is on wifi, good wifi strength. Have gone to settings and checked for updated.

First experience w/ FSD Beta
  • Version 10.12.2
  • Recd 6/6/2022
Impressions:
  1. Visualization is much slicker. Inspires much more confidence
  2. Lane following is much more refined, human-like
  3. Passes parked cars too closely
  4. Speed on residential streets is too high
    1. Maybe on streets w/o a yellow line, FSD speed should be limited to 15-20?
  5. Take off from a standstill (stop light etc.)
    1. Much less jerky/ aggressive
    2. Less lag, but still not prompt enough. Could release brake a little before
  6. Turns are too sharp, especially right turns
  7. Turns are too fast for passenger comfort. UNACCEPTABLE, especially for right turns
  8. Does not move to the side of the lane for the upcoming turn. Remains in the center of the lane and makes the turn from there. Got honked at by people behind me several times
  9. Accelerates aggressively on turns, especially right, not acceptable
  10. Brakes too late when approaching a stop.
  11. Does not use coasting, continues to accelerate even when a stop is imminent
  12. Lane change for turns too late. Missed turns and ended up on lane markers because it wasn't able to get into the turn lane in time
  13. Sometimes jumps red-lights on left turns.
  14. Unsuitable for school/ curbside drop-offs
    • Doesnt know how to split lanes for curbside drop off
    • Doesnt know how to handle vehicular traffic and ad-hoc pedestrian cross traffic for curbside drop offs
Verdict: Definitely unsuitable for general consumption.