Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car does this constantly. I am new to FSD Beta, so I don't have anything to compare against. But I would say 70% of the time the car wants to turn out of the obviously correct lane very close to when the turn is supposed to happen. Could be a bug of some kind? I just hit the camera and move on...
Yes. this is something that got markedly worse with 10.11 and remains an issue with 10.12. On a very regular basis FSD will duck into a turn lane rather than going straight. It gets confused, will flash random blinkers and then sometimes fix itself and sometimes decide at the last minute it has to take the turn.

In early spring when the ice thaws and large potholes get born and I have to disengage pretty much every drive. Certainly affects disengagement metrics Tesla keeps.
Yes - same here. I joked once that SAE automation Level 6 is the ability to snake through the potholes without damaging the car’s suspension.
I heard the car will hover by this time next year... Free upgrade with paid FSD.

Can anyone suggest the text in the dialogue box here? Navigation put the car correctly in the right turn lane. Car decided it wanted out. I believe the first two words are "Changing lanes"?

I want to know what the excuse was. All other versions turned right successfully.

View attachment 816559

View attachment 816558

It says "Changing lanes away from cones." Usually will get you into the lane you don't want to be in. IMO it should only do that if the cones are IN the lane, intending to move traffic over. Also sometimes misidentifies something as a cone briefly and moves you over unnecessarily.

Thanks for the 100 miles on autopilot suggestion. But since requesting FSD Beta and achieving consistent 97-100 range scores, I have done two 1200 mile trips, almost all on autopilot, and still have not received it. But I just drove 63 more miles, mostly on autopilot and will try to do more tomorrow. Here in southern Florida, long drives are a bit risky since one idiot cutting you off can drop your safety score a lot, and when weighted averaged by miles, really kill the score. I was able to keep my current 98 score even after 2 such bad drivers changed lane with Autopilot off, giving me dings from braking hard to not hit them. I just drove around a bit braking often to lower the "hard braking" percentage. Still no FSD, but maybe it take a few days. Should it happen, I will let you know. If anyone else has suggestions, please pass them on.
I had a questions others here might know the answer to related to software updates. When I select Software in the car, It normally refreshes and says something like "Your software is up to date as of..." listing the current date and time (or responds new software is available). Lately when I do this it seems stuck on earlier times and dates (right now it lists Jun 13 3:48 pm, for example, more than a day ago). Multiple checks over the last day show the same thing. I know internet is good since I have am connected via wifi and a browser bandwidth test in the car is good, it plays videos and streams audio fine. I tried various ways of rebooting the car. Software check just does not update the date/time. Is this normal? Maybe Tesla servers are overloaded? Any suggestions?

FSD will run this Red Light whenever my car is first in line after stopping for the red light.

When the Red Light turns green FSD will immediately try and enter the intersection. I've confirmed this on multiple occasions.
Here is a picture of the traffic light circled in blue that is confusing FSD. The light is for the crossing street (Chelmsford Street) not the street (Steadman Street) I am on. I have reported this to Tesla several times going back over 6 months.

Google Maps

Red Light on Rt 110.jpg

FSD will run this Red Light whenever my car is first in line after stopping for the red light.

When the Red Light turns green FSD will immediately try and enter the intersection. I've confirmed this on multiple occasions.
Here is a picture of the traffic light circled in blue that is confusing FSD. The light is for the crossing street (Chelmsford Street) not the street (Steadman Street) I am on. I have reported this to Tesla several times going back over 6 months.

Google Maps

View attachment 816766
Report it to the city as it's angle might be off standard.

I had a questions others here might know the answer to related to software updates. When I select Software in the car, It normally refreshes and says something like "Your software is up to date as of..." listing the current date and time (or responds new software is available). Lately when I do this it seems stuck on earlier times and dates (right now it lists Jun 13 3:48 pm, for example, more than a day ago). Multiple checks over the last day show the same thing. I know internet is good since I have am connected via wifi and a browser bandwidth test in the car is good, it plays videos and streams audio fine. I tried various ways of rebooting the car. Software check just does not update the date/time. Is this normal? Maybe Tesla servers are overloaded? Any suggestions?
Try rebooting the car, and letting go to deep sleep (disable sentry) for a few hours.

It says "Changing lanes away from cones." Usually will get you into the lane you don't want to be in. IMO it should only do that if the cones are IN the lane, intending to move traffic over. Also sometimes misidentifies something as a cone briefly and moves you over unnecessarily.
Sounds possible but confusing as there are no cones to be seen IRL or in the visualization.

I rewatched the clip and the fsd visualization lines turn gray before I disable the still engaged fsd.

Can anyone suggest the text in the dialogue box here? Navigation put the car correctly in the right turn lane. Car decided it wanted out. I believe the first two words are "Changing lanes"?

I want to know what the excuse was. All other versions turned right successfully.
<snip>
View attachment 816558
My guess:
1) this "changing lanes away from cones" message is generic and pops up whenever the car sees an obstruction ahead (not cone related). For example, before it goes around double parked cars. I thought it was misidentifying cones at first but they seem to be reusing the same behavior without changing the text.
2) the car did not correctly predict the right turn; I know the visualization is mostly correct but I'm guessing the visualization isn't fully related to the car's understanding of the road network in the moment
3) thus it probably misidentified the median area ahead as an obstruction and went into behavior from 1)

My car does this constantly. I am new to FSD Beta, so I don't have anything to compare against. But I would say 70% of the time the car wants to turn out of the obviously correct lane very close to when the turn is supposed to happen. Could be a bug of some kind? I just hit the camera and move on...
Happens to me frequently also. Less than a mile before a turn it move into the wrong lane with the message "changing lane to follow route." Then it trys to get back and it's not always possible. This has been happening to me on several versions and in the same locations. I report it every time.

I had an incident with 10.12.2 on the freeway that hasn't occurred in a while. On FSD in the car pool lane at 70 mph the car starts aggressively slowing down. The message on the screen says "stopping for traffic control." I pressed the accelerator to over ride until it returned to normal and reported. This is strange since I was in protected lanes with no signs or traffic lights visible. Maybe a mapping error?

Try rebooting the car, and letting go to deep sleep (disable sentry) for a few hours.
I did the two button steering wheel reboot plus the two button steering wheel reboot with brake pedal and let is sleep 9 hours this morning. Checking the Software menu this morning still shows the last time it checks was 2 days ago. In confirmed the car is connected to home wifi, the web browser is working fine and streaming works. Other suggestions?

Google Maps

View attachment 816766
I have had this type of scenario often, in San Francisco and even down on the peninsula In San Carlos and Burlingame, CA. In the in vehicle display, was one of these red lights apparently FLASHING in what the car displayed to the driver? This type of situation really starts to freak me out due to the danger it introduces. I had another similar scenario last week where the car came to a complete stop at just a two front facing red light intersection, four way and then the car just proceeded start through the intersection. So I immediately dis-engaged and stopped but then re-engaged - and the car just started to proceed through the red lights again. It did this three times (and I did) but by that time I was about a half car length into the intersection already so.I stopped the test till the light was fully green.

Anyone notice that highway AP is pretty different since upgrading to this version? It does things a lot more comfortably now. Like giving trucks extra room when passing, not jerking into the middle after a merge and generally slowing down earlier for cars and curves.

• Informative
Reactions: Hbrink
16 pages behind, haven’t used FSD once since the mad red arms of death causing a strike, also been somewhat busy. Did I miss anything good in here?
Nope, just the usual. reports of regression, car intentionally turning from the wrong lane, FSD running red lights almost a year after first reported (in broad daylight) at intersections.

The suggested solution to running the red light is to stop reporting it to Tesla, but instead, call the city to ask them politely to change the angle of the stoplight. 🤣 🤣