Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1695DD46-CA3A-4B41-9B1F-5546D8489DC8.png

Reactions: FlyF4 and BitJam
So? Even if “just” 50.1% of the time, that would be a remarkable achievement. No other autonomous driving company can even attempt such a challenging maneuver.

People in these FSD beta threads have far too little appreciation for how challenging this problem is.
Especially when there is serious blockage to the left, as with Chuck Cook's standard UPL. Through my own tests, I have gained respect for the progress made in 10.12.2.

That was my big takeway. From the Tweet, Elon has clearly watched Chuck’s videos. Which tells me he’s seen the problem—the exact problem—that Chuck is having.

And that gives me confidence that he and other smart people are working on it.
Hopefully but not comforting when Elon says it will solve his left hand turn "most of the time". So what happens the rest of the time? Turns right and reroutes? Thats not a bad thing.

Reactions: mytes
I have one in my neighborhood that is worse. Big bushes right out to the street. Only way that will ever get resolved is with a camera at the front of the car, say at the headlight aimed perpendicular to the car.. I proved this with a gopro mounted out in front. I have to pull out half a car length before I can see a car 80 feet coming at me. They usually lay on the horn when they see my hood poking into the lane of traffic.

Did a lengthy drive today on 10.12.2. Lots of minor interventions. Did pretty good on traffic lights and even stopped at a yellow just before it turned red. Most of the yellow lights it proceeded safely at speed. 140 miles on country roads, rural towns. Speed bumps still worked but only slowed to 20mph which was a little jarring I sent report in on those. Used to be 15-17mph which was OK. Good news on unmarked roads, now hugs the right rather down the center. However on exit and entrance ramps it stays true to the left lane line now. dozens of these 100% perfect. No phantom braking in 140 miles. did a nice job of giving wide birth to bicycles. I did no construction zones or downtown.
I like to give a subjective grade and this one rates a B+ :) Mainly it didn't do anything crazy or scary. It's getting better but at a snail's pace.