Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This what it looks like if i push in on the flap (forcing it closer to the body). It tightens to gap a little. The pin is in the whole. The edge of the flap (where the clips go) is the area of play. When i push in the flap towards the body it results in about a 1/8” space between the fender lip and flap ridge

This what it looks like if i push in on the flap (forcing it closer to the body). It tightens to gap a little. The pin is in the whole. The edge of the flap (where the clips go) is the area of play. When i push in the flap towards the body it results in about a 1/8” space between the fender lip and flap ridge
So.....does pushing on the flap and tightening the gap get you Beta 10.13 today?🧐

My hope is that if 10.13 merges city streets with highway software that it won't cripple highway driving. FSDb on rural roads, in my car, isn't usable at all. I get it that I'm a beta tester and agree to living with its faults, but if pushing city streets software onto highway driving (which is finally quite good) ruins my main driving experience then I guess one remedy for that would be to opt out of beta.

I'm really getting tired of dealing with random hard braking. I never ever use beta when a car is behind me. I never attempt an intersection where I have to make a turn when a car is coming -- it often just stops dead in its tracks in the middle of the intersection. Crossing the center yellow line in a curve is another thing. I could go on, but I would think that the more critical problems would have been addressed by now. It's been a long time.

Oh, and let's not forget how often I am accused of not paying attention when I'm staring straight ahead at the asphalt. That's a new problem so they get a pass on that, for now.

My hope is that if 10.13 merges city streets with highway software that it won't cripple highway driving. FSDb on rural roads, in my car, isn't usable at all. I get it that I'm a beta tester and agree to living with its faults, but if pushing city streets software onto highway driving (which is finally quite good) ruins my main driving experience then I guess one remedy for that would be to opt out of beta.

I'm really getting tired of dealing with random hard braking. I never ever use beta when a car is behind me. I never attempt an intersection where I have to make a turn when a car is coming -- it often just stops dead in its tracks in the middle of the intersection. Crossing the center yellow line in a curve is another thing. I could go on, but I would think that the more critical problems would have been addressed by now. It's been a long time.

Oh, and let's not forget how often I am accused of not paying attention when I'm staring straight ahead at the asphalt. That's a new problem so they get a pass on that, for now.
I don’t think the lane keeping has changed from regular AP to FSD beta at all, aside from the fact the FSD beta can cross the centerline if it’s avoiding a pedestrian, cyclists, or parked car. Regular AP still gets way to close or crosses the centerline on curves. This really needs to be fixed.

I don’t think the lane keeping has changed from regular AP to FSD beta at all, aside from the fact the FSD beta can cross the centerline if it’s avoiding a pedestrian, cyclists, or parked car. Regular AP still gets way to close or crosses the centerline on curves. This really needs to be fixed.
Speaking of avoiding a parked car, yesterday my pucker factor went to 9 when the mailman had stopped at a mailbox as I was approaching from behind him. My car slowed then went around him with about 0.0001 inches of clearance. Thought for sure someone was going to lose a mirror. He had no reason to open the driver door thank goodness.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Speaking of avoiding a parked car, yesterday my pucker factor went to 9 when the mailman had stopped at a mailbox as I was approaching from behind him. My car slowed then went around him with about 0.0001 inches of clearance. Thought for sure someone was going to lose a mirror. He had no reason to open the driver door thank goodness.
OK so as long as we're here why don't I mention the one thing that bugs me the most. On the interstate where I give FSDb a grade B, I would give it an A+ if only I didn't have to compensate for very slow acceleration when the car in front starts moving faster than me. It annoys the crap out of people behind me for my car to ever-so-slowly get back to traffic speeds by keeping up with the guy in front. I'm constantly having to add a little gas whenever traffic picks up speed. VERY annoying. Why can't it accelerate at the same rate that it does when there is a clear road ahead?

Edit: Well, one more thing. Stop-n-go traffic. It does fine about 9 out of 10 times, then suddenly hits the brakes hard after creeping forward 30 feet. Like, what's different from the previous stop & go where it did a smooth stop???

OK so as long as we're here why don't I mention the one thing that bugs me the most. On the interstate where I give FSDb a grade B, I would give it an A+ if only I didn't have to compensate for very slow acceleration when the car in front starts moving faster than me. It annoys the crap out of people behind me for my car to ever-so-slowly get back to traffic speeds by keeping up with the guy in front. I'm constantly having to add a little gas whenever traffic picks up speed. VERY annoying. Why can't it accelerate at the same rate that it does when there is a clear road ahead?
FSD beta does not (yet) operate on interstates. You are discussing NOA/AP, which has long been sluggish.

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks

Edit: Well, one more thing. Stop-n-go traffic. It does fine about 9 out of 10 times, then suddenly hits the brakes hard after creeping forward 30 feet. Like, what's different from the previous stop & go where it did a smooth stop???
FSD beta does not (yet) operate on interstates. You are discussing NOA/AP, which has long been sluggish.
Once the single stack is released we'll see what has been improved/regressed.

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy

both of these behaviors exist outside of FSDb (they are annoyances introduced to AP a while ago, and FSDb simply inherited them, since FSDb just uses the AP code stack on the highway).

The crazy accel/decel in bumper-to-bumper traffic is the worse problem of the two, IMO, since there's nothing you can really do except disengage and not use AP. And bumper-to-bumper used to be the BEST time to turn on AP. With the slow-to-accelerate problem, I just step on the accel to get back to the set speed quickly. Not a big burden to me.

I tend to think both issues will go away when highways use FSDb logic. However the concern is an increase in phantom braking, as you said in another post.

So? Even if “just” 50.1% of the time, that would be a remarkable achievement. No other autonomous driving company can even attempt such a challenging maneuver.

People in these FSD beta threads have far too little appreciation for how challenging this problem is.
what good is your life being safe 50.1% of the time....... I hope you don't want to turn around and come home the same way.

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy
Like others, 10.12 doesn't seem capable of unprotected lefts, rights, or lane choice. But it could be worse. I'm not in a hurry for 10.13 - there's enough of y'all crazy enough to jump on that ship on day 1. I'm happy to wait a couple of weeks after it's released to see what else it breaks first. Just like any other Tesla software release.

I don't mind doing beta testing. I do mind losing functionality I use regularly. So wait and see

Reactions: GranularHail

While we wait for 10.13.??
Just another example of how FSD performs differently from car to car. FSD for me works best on rural roads. Almost always a zero disengagement drive. Hard braking for the most part is gone and while FSD makes alot of mistakes there are very few places where I won't enable FSD. For now I'll give FSD a "C+" grade compared to when I first got it last October when it was at best a "D". For me like others lane selection is the biggest problem.