Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a system needs to monitored by humans it needs to drive within the safety envelope of humans. Once you remove the human then you can push the safety envelope. You also don't want to cause panic in other drivers so to really push it you need to remove all human drivers from the road.
Of course .. one can envision a time when enough AVs exist for there to be “AV lanes” on highways that can tolerate the higher traffic densities only possible for a fleet of AVs. Not likely today of course, but I dont see any barrier to such things down the road.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
Nowhere near started, either. The promise years ago was level 5. Today, we have drunken L2 (Beta).
you’ve gotta listen not to Elon Musk, but to the official legal documents they submit regarding it’s progress like last year when they told California that it was possible it would never be completed ever and this year was unlikely. Same with head of AI leaving. Nobody would leave NASA in April 1969. What possible project could be more exciting than making a car drive itself….

Elon tweeted maybe the end of next week for 10.13, he really should stop giving any estimates for anything.
Pretend this is the rocket business. If you mentally stick a NET [no earlier than] before every estimate, they suddenly become useful. NET the end of next week tells you not this week, not the beginning of next week and not the middle of next week.

technical improvements only matter if they provide value. Getting to 50.1% reliable is a party trick it’s not a relevant benefit that enables any behavioral change or outcome. Value over features…..
But that misses the point that there may be points on the path to value that appear to have no long-term value. Many companies have floundered on giving up on something mid-way .. its takes a visionary to get all the way. Sure, they might be wrong, but the company that gives up early is NEVER going to succeed long term.

As the old adage goes “:What use is a new-born baby?”

But that misses the point that there may be points on the path to value that appear to have no long-term value. Many companies have floundered on giving up on something mid-way .. its takes a visionary to get all the way. Sure, they might be wrong, but the company that gives up early is NEVER going to succeed long term.

As the old adage goes “:What use is a new-born baby?”
I’m not on the AI team…. I’m a consumer….. I don’t care about features and improvement I care about when it will change my life.

I’m not on the AI team…. I’m a consumer….. I don’t care about features and improvement I care about when it will change my life.
If you have asked to participate in the program as an FSD beta tester, then you are in fact on the AI team. As a volunteer contributor.

Perhaps when it's all over you'll get a plaque.
Perhaps you can display it on your wall and it will increase your self-esteem.
Perhaps the experience will inspire you to even greater personal achievements, wealth and happiness.
Men will envy you, and beautiful women will clamor to know what it's like to work with Elon.
Perhaps it will change you life.

Alternatively, you can continue to grumble about things on here on TMC. And join the sneering experts who remind us how right they are, every time something goes wrong.

Choose your path carefully.