Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright I am sitting with a score of 97 now, was 98 this morning. Whats the easiest way to bump this up by one number?
You need to try to get several days of high scores to move your average up. You should try to get 100s to have the most affect. The easiest way is to take a short drive and score 100. Then reboot after every drive that day before you put the car in park. To reboot, just press the two steering wheel buttons until the screen goes blank. Once the screen is back on you can put the car in park. Rebooting erases the last drive so if your score would have been lower it will be ignored. If you are confident your score would be high after a drive, do not reboot so your miles get counted.

Reactions: Ramphex
[rant]....but there may be one person of the 12,000 testers that is slightly considering getting Tidal. 🤣 Meanwhile no Apple Music, Amazon Music or YouTube Music because EVERYONE is wants Tidal.:rolleyes:
I was just thinking the same. I don’t think I know a single person who uses Tidal. I would really appreciate Apple Music and YouTube Music. Not concerned about Amazon Music, but wouldn’t be against also getting it along with Amazon Video.

Speaking of, how about just one app. An AppStore app? Then these companies could just make their own app versions for Teslas.

whats funny is, it was at least...5-9 versions back where Elon tweeted how great FSD was/how close to being in final production it was. And yet...here we are..

FSD has the most training in California, certainly with Tesla FSD employees. Elon’s impressions could be accurate there.

But other parts of the USA, it has highly variable success. At 10.4 my wife commented that she could not tell if I was driving ( I easily got 100 Safety Score the first week) or if Tesla FSD was driving without specifically looking at the display for the blue wheel. At all the other versions of FSD, it was obvious that the Tesla was driving badly.

So I think 10.4 is almost as good as I normally drive. I “help“ it at left turns. It uses the turn signals better than I do. Roundabouts are ok without traffic and bad with traffic. Stoplights are handled well with and without traffic. Right hand turns are 50:50, some good, some require assistance.

I expect to have lower stress driving at 10.8 or version 11.1. Progress is being achieved. Now to just survive thru 10.4 and 10.6….

FSD has the most training in California, certainly with Tesla FSD employees. Elon’s impressions could be accurate there.

But other parts of the USA, it has highly variable success. At 10.4 my wife commented that she could not tell if I was driving ( I easily got 100 Safety Score the first week) or if Tesla FSD was driving without specifically looking at the display for the blue wheel. At all the other versions of FSD, it was obvious that the Tesla was driving badly.

So I think 10.4 is almost as good as I normally drive. I “help“ it at left turns. It uses the turn signals better than I do. Roundabouts are ok without traffic and bad with traffic. Stoplights are handled well with and without traffic. Right hand turns are 50:50, some good, some require assistance.

I expect to have lower stress driving at 10.8 or version 11.1. Progress is being achieved. Now to just survive thru 10.4 and 10.6….
Great that you're having a really good experience with 10.4 but I believe there a growing realization that 10.4 is a bad build for a significant number of beta testers. As Elon said sometimes FSD will take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I believe this is one of those times.

@Dirty Tesla just posted a tweeter poll asking if he should post his negative 10.4 video and the response was overwhelmingly yes. What was also interesting is how many FSD beta testers replied with really bad 10.4 experiences some deciding to stop using FSD until the next release. I'm going to stick testing 10.4 hoping it helps Tesla make improvements for the next release.

Last edited:
i could have sworn I just saw youtube videos with 10.4 actually stopping fully in a traffic circle multiple times for no reason, going across double yellow lines, etc. Im guessing the code knows not to do that in California I guess, just all the other states. :D

Great that you're having a really good experience with 10.4 but I believe there a growing realization that 10.4 is a bad build for a significant number of beta testers. As Elon said sometimes FSD will take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I believe this is one of those times.
10.4 is improved over 10.3 for me as well. Sure it’s not perfect by any means but it does a lot of the small things better in this update

Reactions: JADCa

Now you have to wonder how geofenced systems deployed by autonomous companies would perform in other parts of the country/world and what differences really exist between them and FSD, which clearly performs far better in certain areas despite being allowed to operate anywhere

Man… if you drive like my car drives on FSD 😅😅

• Funny
Reactions: Phlier and Thp3
I installed 10.4 and 2021.36.8.6 Monday morning in my 2018 Model S 100D. I lost all FSD visualizations, AP, and cruise control. Immediately, 2021.36.8.5 was pushed to my car and I downgraded. The loss of functionality persists and now I'm waiting for a service appointment Nov 18. Anyone else?

I installed 10.4 and 2021.36.8.6 Monday morning in my 2018 Model S 100D. I lost all FSD visualizations, AP, and cruise control. Immediately, 2021.36.8.5 was pushed to my car and I downgraded. The loss of functionality persists and now I'm waiting for a service appointment Nov 18. Anyone else?
See this thread for others with similar problems - 10.4 Problems - No autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
That does appear to be the case, with 10.4 being only a bit better than 10.3.
I'm just tired of playing the Safety Score game, trying to maintain my 98. Hoping this silliness doesn't continue much longer.
I'm in same boat as you - 98 score, stuck on 32.31, and no soup for the FSD Beta. Maintaining a 98 in the real world is near impossible without seriously gaming the system (by only taking artificially easy drives, or taking a different car when you know you're heading thru nightmarish traffic areas, etc). Tedious and tiresome.

About 10 cars ahead of me.

FWIW I had it try and do this on 10.2 I think it was--- I was behind a stopped car about 10 cars back from a light-- road is single lane each direction, light was around a curve from where I was as that's how the road went rather than straight ahead.... my car tired to go into the oncoming traffic lane to pass the stopped car at the end of the line, had to manually intervene.

Haven't been in the same situation in the same place since then to see if it still does it there.

• Helpful
Reactions: tmoz
That's a lot of room. No cars coming in the opposite direction either.

"10.4 tried to kill me again today. Stop light on a 2 lane road. I get road rage sometimes too but crossing a double yellow at a stop light to get around a car is a recipe for death!"
I got stuck behind a bike a while back. the dumbass was doing 15 MPH on a 2 lane road 55MPH limit. AP would NOT go around him. If it makes sense go for it. just beware .