Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the 10.5 crowd should check for updates!

ANJekR9.png

Anyone worried about the "Forced Autopilot Disengagements" and getting kicked off Beta? I always pay attention but I get the "pay attention" notice sometimes, particularly on T intersections where I'm looking both ways but not forward. I have several of these intersections on my drive...

Have any 10.5 users got 10.6.1 yet?
Yes, I received 10.6.1 a couple of hours ago and went out for a 30 minute drive. Better yes. Dramatically better no, but I never expect that.
Good
  • Handled tight curves better by slowing down as needed. Improvement still needed but satisfied.
  • While FSD still stopped completely at the round about the car at least creeped forward immediately and entered. Way too slow but better. In all earlier versions it would wait 10-20 seconds before doing anything.
  • Unprotected lefts- Seemed to make decisions faster but also made the wrong decision once. Needed the go pedal.
  • General improvement in 90 degree turns. Less jerky. I've seen alot of improvement with 90 degree turns over the last few upgrades.
  • Decisions- like unprotected lefts FSD just seemed quicker on the draw all around.
  • Speed bumps- recognized 4 of 5 but the one it missed, it missed badly on. Wanted to go over at 30 mph after just slowing down to 5mph for a speed bump 25 meters before. Yikes had to disengage. This could have gone in the "bad" section but last time it only recognized 2 of the 5 speed bumps.
  • Pedestrian- FSD noticed someone walking towards the road which I didn't and surprised me when it slowed down quickly. It really shouldn't have since the person was too far from the road but the fact it took action was reassuring.
Bad
  • Nothing worse than 10.5. After 10.4 was a total fiasco for me just not screwing up is a positive.
  • Phantom/Slowdowns- No improvement. Drive was at night. Disappointment in this area continues.
  • Still doesn't say far enough to the right on unmarked narrow residential streets. Very dangerous when approaching the crest of a hill especially in the daytime when oncoming cars headlight don't illuminate the road.
  • When approaching T-intersections continues to be too far to the left. Not always but in general it completely messes with traffic around me when the car is halfway in the other lane when taking a left. Would also like it to stay much tighter to the right when approaching intersections to make a 90 degree turn.
  • Pedestrian cross walks. Likes to slow way down or even stop once in a while when there is nobody around.

For folks who are irritated by the auto high beams attempts to mimic a strobe light, I have found pushing the stalk away to toggle auto high beams OFF even during FSD works wonders....
I press the left stalk forward, press the FSD Video error report button and a minute later the auto high beams are blinding another oncoming car.
I have seen no improvement in 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, or 10.6.1.

Reactions: MYoohMY
I was accepted in October with 100 is what I mean, I have Tesla insurance
I have had the FSD Beta since 10.3.1 and still am keeping a 100 score displayed in the Tesla App, on TeslaScope, and TeslaFi. I do not have Tesla Insurance. New miles and scores are logged every day.
I also have Tesla insurance and score is still visible and tracking, I got beta since 11/30. Looks like we still don’t know what trigger to disappear and why it is still tracking for others.

Reactions: K5TRX and Acisplat
Guys, I'm relatively new to being a Tesla owner. I just purchased the Model S Plaid and have been on Teslascope watching the installs of 2021.36.8.10. I requested to join the beta program a few weeks ago and have almost 300 miles with a score of 100. My question is - Based on Teslascope and watching which previous versions are getting the beta pushed, at what point (based on your previous experience) do cars without beta get it pushed to them? I'm currently on 2021.40.6 and have not seen any cars with that version get 2021.36.8.10 pushed.