Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have flashing yellows on many roads for fire stations, some are 6 lane divided highways...my car always tries to slow/stop at them thinking they are turning red. They are like normal lights with only a yellow/red...so when the firetrucks come out, it just changes to red obviously so they can get across the roads.

School zones etc.same thing. They sometimes have signs above the road and not on a sign post on the side. Flashing yellow...car wants to always slow/stop like it is a regular light and about to turn red.

Here are the TeslaFi stats as of just now.
As @bubbyo mentioned it looks like 10.6 was effectively paused sometime yesterday. Let's hope it resumes today.

1638799729088.png

High drama, rain filled video from Tesla Daily (Rob Maurer) during which he gets locked out of FSD/Autopilot.
Spoiler alert: We learn in the comments that he got it back after the video had ended.

I wonder if it would've come back had he canceled navigation and then re-engaged? I've had success with that when FSD randomly spazzes out and quits like that. In fact, for the last two versions it's been nearly guaranteed to do that to me on my route to work. There's something that it hates it - maybe the maps, maybe GPS, I don't know, but I've stopped using it for my daily commute until I get 10.6. I've emailed them about it each time but no clue if they've done anything with it.

My experience with 10.6 has been not great. UPL's don't seem to be improved (at least the ones I take often). If anything, the steering wheel jitter is worse now on 10.6. It's actually stopping in the middle of an intersection going straight across, which it has never done before. I repeated that same turn like 4 times and it did it every time, so that's new and unfortunate behavior.

More seat time will be needed, but 10.5 seemed way smoother for me.