Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta 10.69.3.1 Video Icon Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Received 2022.36.20, FSD beta 10.69.31 a few days ago and right away I noticed that video icon to report issues with the beta is gone. The release notes say nothing about it and rebooting the computer via the two scroll wheel buttons didn't bring it back. So am I supposed to report beta issues?

Also, on the highway the Autopilot still hugs the left side on the lane getting way too close to adjacent traffic, while there is nothing on my right side and room for my car to move over a bit.

Received 2022.36.20, FSD beta 10.69.31 a few days ago and right away I noticed that video icon to report issues with the beta is gone. The release notes say nothing about it and rebooting the computer via the two scroll wheel buttons didn't bring it back. So am I supposed to report beta issues?

Also, on the highway the Autopilot still hugs the left side on the lane getting way too close to adjacent traffic, while there is nothing on my right side and room for my car to move over a bit.
Yep, it seems to be gone for almost everyone. The OG beta testers (pre safety score) seem to still have it.

You no longer need to report things manually to Tesla. With the huge number of beta users now, Tesla apparently does not want to weed through every user generated report. Probably haven't in quite some time anyway. Tesla can have the car generate reports automatically when the driver disengages FSDb.

I believe that Tesla can have the car send snapshots if the driver controls the car differently than what FSDb would have done, even when the car is driven manually. FSDb is running all the time, so it can evaluate itself against what you do. If you are driving a situation that Tesla is concerned about (entering a roundabout, lets say) then the car can generate a snapshot if FSDb would have stopped at a yield sign, but you did not.

So, just use FSDb and don't worry about snapshots. One less thing to divert your attention.

Reactions: viking78
You no longer need to report things manually to Tesla. With the huge number of beta users now, Tesla apparently does not want to weed through every user generated report. Probably haven't in quite some time anyway. Tesla can have the car generate reports automatically when the driver disengages FSDb.

I believe that Tesla can have the car send snapshots if the driver controls the car differently than what FSDb would have done, even when the car is driven manually. FSDb is running all the time, so it can evaluate itself against what you do. If you are driving a situation that Tesla is concerned about (entering a roundabout, lets say) then the car can generate a snapshot if FSDb would have stopped at a yield sign, but you did not.

So, just use FSDb and don't worry about snapshots. One less thing to divert your attention.
As FSD's capabilities improve, it is more important than ever to intervene or disengage whenever the car doesn't operate as you'd expect a human to do the same maneuver. There is no stronger signal we can send than disengaging.

Sure. But how do you report errors like not seeing a stop sign or not seeing a speed limit sign

Reactions: Phlier
Sure. But how do you report errors like not seeing a stop sign or not seeing a speed limit sign
Exactly as Sup indicated. When your car does not see a stop sign you apply the brakes, which disengages FSD Beta. Those reports are pulled by Tesla when they need to gather information on them. There is a lot of telemetry your car is collecting and sending Tesla at various points. People have reported their cars uploading data (by watching their wifi router traffic) even when they did not press the report button. Other times when they did press the report button they did not see traffic.

Just drive safely, disengage when you need to, and Tesla will pull information as needed from the fleet.

Reactions: Yelobird
As FSD's capabilities improve, it is more important than ever to intervene or disengage whenever the car doesn't operate as you'd expect a human to do the same maneuver. There is no stronger signal we can send than disengaging.
This is going to require some serious effort on Tesla's part...

Many of us disengage FSDb prior to entering areas that it struggles with. Before the report button was removed, I'd let FSDb struggle through the area in question a time or three, hit the report button, then from that point on disengage FSDb before entering the area it struggled with/deserved a "report."

I don't have that option anymore. So now when I find an area that FSDb struggles with, I just disengage prior to entering that area. These disengagements are far more numerous than the initial disengagement when the area of poor performance was found, and vary in the timing of them a lot; sometimes I'll disengage quite a ways before the troublesome area.

A lot of guys on the forum have stated that they do the same... disengaging FSDb before entering a situation that it struggles with.

So now they're not only going to have to look at the situation that existed prior to the disengagement, they're also going to have to look ahead quite a bit. Is that even possible? Can they look at the upcoming driving situation and estimate what FSDb would have struggled with to the point that the driver didn't want to use it in that scenario?

Wouldn't this be more burdensome than the heaps of data they have to sift through to separate the wheat from the chaff from all the "reports" they get?

Have they even considered that people disengage prior to areas it struggles with?

Reactions: Resist
Can they look at the upcoming driving situation and estimate what FSDb would have struggled with to the point that the driver didn't want to use it in that scenario?
This can happen on the vehicle without first sending video data to Tesla to analyze. Tesla's fleet of vehicles is a distributed computing system where each vehicle is analyzing the world. If it finds a situation that is "confusing" such as low confidence lane predictions suddenly changing to be high confidence once you manually drive into an intersection for a better view, this could trigger sending back video data that includes what was visible before the intersection as well as during and after the intersection.

This is going to require some serious effort on Tesla's part...

Many of us disengage FSDb prior to entering areas that it struggles with. Before the report button was removed, I'd let FSDb struggle through the area in question a time or three, hit the report button, then from that point on disengage FSDb before entering the area it struggled with/deserved a "report."

I don't have that option anymore. So now when I find an area that FSDb struggles with, I just disengage prior to entering that area. These disengagements are far more numerous than the initial disengagement when the area of poor performance was found, and vary in the timing of them a lot; sometimes I'll disengage quite a ways before the troublesome area.

A lot of guys on the forum have stated that they do the same... disengaging FSDb before entering a situation that it struggles with.

So now they're not only going to have to look at the situation that existed prior to the disengagement, they're also going to have to look ahead quite a bit. Is that even possible? Can they look at the upcoming driving situation and estimate what FSDb would have struggled with to the point that the driver didn't want to use it in that scenario?

Wouldn't this be more burdensome than the heaps of data they have to sift through to separate the wheat from the chaff from all the "reports" they get?

Have they even considered that people disengage prior to areas it struggles with?
I expect that Tesla has chosen how they want to access sample data with full understanding of the various scenarios that occur while using FSDb. If you think about it, they don't even need to have FSDb engaged to generate data. Since the planner runs all the time, they can flag data internally anytime that the planner disagrees with how the driver operates the car while driven manually - especially if nav is being used.

Neither of our cars have uploaded any video info since the 10.69.3.1 update. Previously they would upload once or twice per week without pressing the camera icon, sometimes triggered by a fcw. I’ve had a couple erroneous fcw’s this week and neither had demonstrated video uploads. This is the longest I have gone and the most miles I have driven without uploads of video data (not due to me pressing the button).

The Tesla narrative is that they can reach autonomy because they get more data than any other manufacturer. If they aren’t accepting data then even that narrative stops holding water.

My theories in no particular order.
Did they give up?
Did they mess up the code for uploading?
Are they on a different software stack that renders triggered uploads from the current stack useless?
Are they on different hardware that renders current data useless?

Neither of our cars have uploaded any video info since the 10.69.3.1 update. Previously they would upload once or twice per week without pressing the camera icon, sometimes triggered by a fcw. I’ve had a couple erroneous fcw’s this week and neither had demonstrated video uploads. This is the longest I have gone and the most miles I have driven without uploads of video data (not due to me pressing the button).

The Tesla narrative is that they can reach autonomy because they get more data than any other manufacturer. If they aren’t accepting data then even that narrative stops holding water.

My theories in no particular order.
Did they give up?
Did they mess up the code for uploading?
Are they on a different software stack that renders triggered uploads from the current stack useless?
Are they on different hardware that renders current data useless?
How are you verifying there is no upload? Many (myself included) have seen late night large data pushes since the button distraction was removed. Are you actually monitoring WiFi traffic or assuming.

How are you verifying there is no upload? Many (myself included) have seen late night large data pushes since the button distraction was removed. Are you actually monitoring WiFi traffic or assuming.
I have a UniFi network that provides data for each MAC address. The video uploads have always gone to AWS and were in the order of gigabytes. I often see megabyte uploads, some at 11:59 pm, but no large uploads anymore.

Great question. Thanks for asking :)

I wonder why your cars is uploading and mine aren’t.

I have a UniFi network that provides data for each MAC address. The video uploads have always gone to AWS and were in the order of gigabytes. I often see megabyte uploads, some at 11:59 pm, but no large uploads anymore.

Great question. Thanks for asking :)

I wonder why your cars is uploading and mine aren’t.
No idea really but I do use FSDb for 90 plus percent of my driving and drive near 1k per week for work.

Reactions: BobbyTables

I also have a HUGE issue with the car hugging the center lane rather than the shoulder on 2 lane highways and streets without a median. I read the comments below and don't see anyone else addressing this...only the absence of the report button. Anyone else as irritated with the car crowding the center of the road??

I also have a HUGE issue with the car hugging the center lane rather than the shoulder on 2 lane highways and streets without a median. I read the comments below and don't see anyone else addressing this...only the absence of the report button. Anyone else as irritated with the car crowding the center of the road??
My car pretty much stays centered in the lane so long as there is a center dividing line with, or without, a median. The only time the car has difficulty with lane position is on roads without any center line. In such case, the car tends to move toward the center a bit much, but does move to the right if another car is approaching. It's improved for me over the last few versions.

Reactions: Dewg
Actually on a tight road with no lane markings it is MUCH safer and more correct to drive near the center as long as no oncoming traffic. VRUs (especially children) can come from behind parked cars at any time and the more reaction time the better.

My car pretty much stays centered in the lane so long as there is a center dividing line with, or without, a median. The only time the car has difficulty with lane position is on roads without any center line. In such case, the car tends to move toward the center a bit much, but does move to the right if another car is approaching. It's improved for me over the last few versions.
Same. In my unmarked residential streets it sits just right of center and moves more right if there is an approaching car