Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69.3 is update 2022.36.15?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"FSD Beta 10.69.3 is update 2022.36.15, which means that it includes all of the features on Tesla's 2022.36 update as well, including popular features such as Tesla's new Energy app, Cabin Overheat Protection and more. "

My X100D has SS of 97, on 2022.28.2, waiting for FSD beta. Should I update it to 2022.36.5 available to me now OR wait to make sure it includes FSD Beta 10.69.3?

My X100D has SS of 97, on 2022.28.2, waiting for FSD beta. Should I update it to 2022.36.5 available to me now OR wait to make sure it includes FSD Beta 10.69.3?
As long as you meet the requirement of hardware, Safety Score, and being admitted to the beta pool, it doesn't matter what current version you have, old or new, you held off fan update or you already updated the newer non-beta version, the FSD beta will overwrite whatever you have in your system.

Does your car have the newer 2.5 cameras? If not, make an appointment.

When you are perfect in every way like 100% Safety Score, but you are missing 2.5 cameras, all you get is crickets. Tesla doesn't send you a notice that you are still waiting because you are missing 2.5 cameras.

Upvote 0
As long as you meet the requirement of hardware, Safety Score, and being admitted to the beta pool, it doesn't matter what current version you have, old or new, you held off fan update or you already updated the newer non-beta version, the FSD beta will overwrite whatever you have in your system.

Does your car have the newer 2.5 cameras? If not, make an appointment.

When you are perfect in every way like 100% Safety Score, but you are missing 2.5 cameras, all you get is crickets. Tesla doesn't send you a notice that you are still waiting because you are missing 2.5 cameras.
I had my computer hardware upgraded to AP3 and cameras upgraded(so I thought) back in January 2022. The Tesla tech person even confirmed it then.

Last couple weeks, out of nowhere I got this message in my SS section. " vehicle currently not eligible for FSD Beta". I went wth??
77F42321-87A1-4EF0-9C7C-B775A4B50DDC.jpeg

Upvote 0
Everything else I've read here says that FSD Beta won't install over a newer build.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Upvote 0
I had the inline triple cam and a Right B-Pillar camera upgraded on the 10th instead because it started to rain on the 8th and mobile tech had to reschedule.
The message was still there on the app so I contacted them again. The mobile tech came out again on 15th again and correctly upgraded the inline triple cam this time. The message is gone after that but also my SS on my app and they kicked me out of the beta queue I was in. Had to enroll into beta queue and start the SS again.

Upvote 0
Everything else I've read here says that FSD Beta won't install over a newer build.
I expect that is the case... I meet all the requirements and I've been in the FSD queue since day one. No FSD. I learned some months back that they weren't forking the FSD firmware beyond certain updates, so I stopped updating. Still nothing. I got another update notice this weekend. Ignored/cancelled it.

Upvote 0
I expect that is the case... I meet all the requirements and I've been in the FSD queue since day one. No FSD. I learned some months back that they weren't forking the FSD firmware beyond certain updates, so I stopped updating. Still nothing. I got another update notice this weekend. Ignored/cancelled it.
Which update did you get this weekend? Many of us got FSD Beta for the first time this weekend, version 2022.36.20 (aka FSD 10.69.3.1).

Upvote 0
I "let" it complete the update (didn't seem to have much choice) and it did indeed install FSD.

Took a short drive this morning and... not impressed. It seemed to perform as well as EAP in most cases. One notable improvement is in stop and go traffic. EAP used to be great when it used the ultrasonics to control following distance. Then they switched to using cameras. That resulted in terrible, neck jerking, acceleration and braking. The car in front of me would move 20 feet and my car would jump and then brake. It didn't do this with ultrasonic. Now, with FSD, it seems to read the brake lights of the car in front of me and is much smoother. Accelerates smoother and slows using regen instead of hard braking.

I chose a couple of difficult intersections that EAP had a fit with and FSD didn't do much better.

It may be hard to tell in the picture, but it is a particular confusing intersection...

1669217684594.png

It is almost an "Interstate" setup with a traffic light in the middle.

I guess I'm at least happy that I am able to use something I paid for over 1.5 years ago, even though it's something I probably won't use that often. It was mostly a resell value add as I was quite content with EAP for my needs.

Upvote 0