Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69 Set to Release to Only 1,000 Vehicles This Saturday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's highly anticipated FSD Beta 10.69 software update is releasing this Saturday, August 20th, to 1,000 FSD Beta users. According to Elon Musk, "There are many major code changes, so this will be an extra cautious rollout."

As a result, 10,000 cars will receive the update with any necessary bug-fixes the following Saturday, and all 100,000+ FSD Beta users will receive update 10.69.2 the weekend after.

Knowing Tesla's ambitious goals with FSD Beta and the numerous potential issues the initial release may have, I'd recommend those in the Beta to be prepared to not receive the update in the next few weeks.

Despite these delays, the rumored changes in this update are numerous and very exciting. According to Elon in the latest Tesla shareholders' meeting, "we’ve made some pretty significant architectural improvements so it’s really gonna be more than 10.12 to 10.13 release. It might qualify for 10.69," hence the update being renamed from FSD Beta 10.13 to FSD Beta 10.69.

Some noticeable changes in 10.69, as confirmed by Elon Musk are:
- Will start to drive without traffic data
- Single Stack (FSD Beta will drive on both freeways and highways)
- Significant improvements on roundabouts

IMG_0104.jpeg

Last edited:
I like how they are going deep on roundabouts and unprotected lefts but not working on violent steering wheel spasms on right turns while it decides what the lanes mean on the new road.
I’m not saying it is intentional, but it would actually be super smart of them to keep the poor quality of life jerkiness for a while.

As it is now people are much less likely to use it casually and with family in the car.

Definitely reduces risk.

Reactions: EV1LBONG and BnGrm
Currently with FSD 10.12 I’m able to set the freeway lane changes to manual which I prefer to initiate the lane change ...on city streets the FSD does lane changes automatically. I hope this will still be possible with single stack FSD 10.69. Also on freeways if I accelerate beyond what the FSD/Autopilot allows then the system will shut down and will not turn on until the next drive. This does not give me a ding against keeping the FSD. Unfortunately this might change when FSD goes to single stack.

• Informative
Reactions: SPACE_EX
Also on freeways if I accelerate beyond what the FSD/Autopilot allows then the system will shut down and will not turn on until the next drive. This does not give me a ding against keeping the FSD. Unfortunately this might change when FSD goes to single stack.
I’ve never understood the logic of this. I suppose it is to punish reckless driving, but it happened to me when I had a dangerously erratic driver approaching me from the rear. I couldn’t change lanes. Only safe thing to do was to floor it and escape the threat.

That it such an "Elon" thing to do.

Announce a new feature. Tell the world how great it will be. Specify a date. Then, on the day of release, reveal the limitation that had never even been hinted at until now.

This is exactly what he did with the original FSD release. Remember when he said that everyone who'd prepaid for FSD would get a "Request FSD Beta" button? Well, we did, at that's when we all found out about the hitherto-unknown safety score requirement. Later on we inferred new conditions, like how many miles you had to cover on autopilot over what period of time. We never did figure out the to-this-day-unexplained "pauses" in the FSD rollout.

Ah well....

That it such an "Elon" thing to do.

Announce a new feature. Tell the world how great it will be. Specify a date. Then, on the day of release, reveal the limitation that had never even been hinted at until now.

This is exactly what he did with the original FSD release. Remember when he said that everyone who'd prepaid for FSD would get a "Request FSD Beta" button? Well, we did, at that's when we all found out about the hitherto-unknown safety score requirement. Later on we inferred new conditions, like how many miles you had to cover on autopilot over what period of time. We never did figure out the to-this-day-unexplained "pauses" in the FSD rollout.

Ah well....
This has actually been known for a week.

not too many hours left in Saturday and no news yet...
I would be ok if Elon never says when he is going to release a major update like this and pleasantly surprise people. Maybe so many people won't be upset waiting for something that doesn't come on time. Then again, folks will complain he isn't saying anything. :)