Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too early to tell, but this one looks pretty good, and Elon was only late by hours, not days or weeks from his latest Tweet.

I was watching every turn carefully and the car appears to be less erratic although not completely gone.

I honestly don't care if this version handles Chuck's ULT 100% or not (sorry Chuck!). Just need a version that's incrementally more usable in everyday situations.

Can't wait to test this version!

Added a new "deep lane guidance"
Really hoping this is the improved lane selection we’ve all been waiting for. Lane selection errors account for 75-90% of my disengagements.
I also hope that those people who argued that we just have to be happy with how FSD drives, and that it will never drive the way we would drive, and that we are expecting too much, appreciate the new (hopefully) smoother behavior.

We’ll see if it is smooth enough! I suspect strongly that I will still be griping, but I do hope for improvement - it was definitely low-hanging fruit, that made using FSD barely tolerable.
There’s a difference between ’not driving like I do’ and not driving safely or comfortably. Right now, 12.3.20 does the latter - still has violent jerks of the steering wheel during turns, suddenly accelerates hard or brakes hard for no apparent reason, stops at yields when there’s no traffic at all, etc.

Some people will never be happy but I agree - oftentimes 12.30.2 was barely tolerable.

- Reduced latency when starting from a stop by accounting for lead vehicle jerk.

I've always wondered why AP/FSD was so slow to move after waiting in a line. With this improvement, I can see AP/FSD in bumper to bumper traffic performing better: no more sudden jerk acceleration to keep up, only to slam on the brakes when things immediately slow down. Also, this prevents people from cutting into the lane, useful for Masshole and other similar mentality areas.

Of course this feature benefits city streets as well. The less you delay movement, the less you contribute to congestion behind you.

I think these release notes are edited by a professional technical writer. Very nice.
Especially compared to one's from Ford 😁

Screenshot_20220821-085446_Google.jpg

I paid a mere $10k (strutting :)).
I don't personally know anyone who paid $12k, but I know someone who paid $10k so as not to pay the $12k upcoming.
"Only while supplies last ‐ Order before midnight tonight!"
Exactly! That was either me or it's nice to find out there was someone else who came to the same decision. I felt buying a Tesla was like buying a lottery ticket, except the payback was much lower, but the odds much better. From there it was an easy logical next step to get the FSD (power ball) option. The lower payback so far has proven true. I don't expect to find out about the odds for another 5 or 10 years and by then I won't care anyhow.
Edit: Actually, it seems ironic that FSD(Beta) is as real as the heat mirages that induce panic phantom braking.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Yeah, hopefully this will reduce FSD's horrible lane prediction, i.e. often being in the worst possible lane for an upcoming turn...
I’ve noticed FSD will always choose the left-most left turn lane, even when it knows it will need to take an immediate right. I’m not sure if this is because it’s easier to plot a trajectory for the inner lane vs the outer lane or for some other reason, but it just makes things harder after the turn.

Well, it looks like no new testers will be added ad this release is still on the old 2022.16 branch. Booooooo
Yep. I’ve had it with this. Way to treat your customers. Trade a car in that had it, pay double for “FSD” again, only to have to deal with the games for 7,000+miles of a 100 safety score and no beta. I actually found value in the beta, and used it all the time. Stock AP/NoA sucks.

Reactions: jebinc