Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, they used to. But maybe they don't anymore:....
Odd since it seems that if anyone should know it would be Green. However I asked this years ago (since I don’t have WiFi) and several responded that Tesla didn’t do delta firmware updates.

Also since I have never had WiFi and must hotspot EVERY update with my iPhone (except early Betas that came over cell/happy days for updates). Every single update has been well over a GB (have a data plan so I carefully monitor) and taken over an hour to download (usually 2 or 3). Also every update has required a full install and it always says something like approximately 30 minutes to install.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Edit: FSDb must not use the rear camera feed much, as the last 20miles this evening were done with an upright trailer hitch bike rack in place, and a Canyon Neuron CF8 sitting on it.
FSD will work without the rear camera being calibrated, at least on early builds. This was confirmed by Tesla Service when they connected remotely and told me the rear camera was not calibrated at all with FSD enabled. All other cameras were calibrated just fine. I asked them why would FSD still work and of course Service had no idea.

Last edited:
So, FSDb takes 20 seconds to “automatically” slow from 60mph to 45mph. I timed it this morning. (55mph posted to 40mph posted with a +5mph window). It just coasts. This has been the case since 10.3. Use the original AP code for speed limits, that actually works.
I did some testing and FSD took anywhere from 20-28 seconds to slow 15 MPH. TACC took 10 seconds consistently. It didn’t matter if it was the system responding to a speed limit sign or I’d I changed the speed with the scroll wheel.

Edit: the last 1 MPH took extra long in both cases. If I had measured the time for the first 14 MPH it would have been more dramatic.

Last edited:
Anecdotally, I am noticing an improvement on some turns from 10.69.2.2 to 10.69.2.3.

First stop sign out of my neighborhood with no traffic around, for example: it used to slow down too early, creep up, stop, and then lazily creep about a quarter of the way through the turn before committing. It still slows down too early before stopping at the sign, but now it creeps and commits in one fluid motion through the turn.

Nothing too report-button worthy on my first drive, just the typical lane-selection errors that put it in difficult situations. I usually disengage out of these or intervene to cancel the lane-change for expediency-sake.

Edit: for verification, I asked my wife's opinion as a passenger. She said "about the same." So take that data as you will!

Last edited:
My other son got the update on his 3. No love for my S.

Any updated Teslafi numbers.

Yes, here's the permalink to this firmware version: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

At time of writing, 477 installs pending, 2,659 presently on 2022.20.17, and 1,339 presently on 2022.20.18. So once all of those pending installs go through, it looks like it will be roughly a 50% rollout. Ratios of 3/Y to S/X appear consistent between the two, as well as model years, so it doesn't look like they're holding it back from any particular model or year.

Any updated Teslafi numbers
The initial 10.69.2.3 rollout seems to have been available to 15% of TeslaFi FSD Beta fleet (currently 4100 vehicles). Today's rollout is currently 45% installed/pending (i.e., most existing FSD Beta is more likely not to have received 10.69.2.3 yet).

TeslaFi has been getting about 6 new FSD Beta vehicles every day in the last 2 weeks, so that might correspond to about 200 Tesla vehicles in general getting added each day.

With 69.2.3 and hard braking: I had noticed on 69.2.2 that, in heavy, slow-moving but not-quite-jammed to a halt, the car would hit the brakes, hard, move up from a creep, then accelerate, then lather, rinse, repeat. In general with that release was that, unless at speed, there was quite a bit of warbling up and down in speed as it applied TACC. It should be noted that these pages were full of people complaining about this.

69.2.3 is definitely better. Not cured, but better. In slow traffic it seems to move along with traffic, holds a steady speed, and doesn't madly brake.. as often. On the first day of using it I was remarking, "Well, this is nicer! Smooth, cool!" And then hit a spot of traffic and it was back to rabbit stop and start. And so didn't mention it during my initial evaluation.

However, now having driven it for a few days, my original, "It's smoother!" impression is back. It's definitely not perfect, but the handling going around on-ramp curves, steady-state driving, and variations in traffic speed are much better than with 69.2.2.

There was some mention in the 69.2.2 release notes that the car would do it's "ego" stuff and make for smoother driving. I think that 69.2.2 fell on its face in that regard, but 69.2.3 has managed to do a better job.

As usual: Not perfect, yet, but better.

If every single car on the road were driven by 2.3, would these things happen.
Yes! It’s interesting (not really a surprise) how much more difficult FSD makes unprotected left hand turns for example, due to disruption of the normal driving flow, when intervention is inevitably required.

It would be a collosal sh**show.

Last edited: