Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently on 2022.16.3 and just got an update for 2022.20.7, by updating will that eliminate my chances of getting into Beta 10.69? I'm afraid I will be ahead of the beta update branch and have to wait again.

I've been opted in for 2 months now with an avg of 96 with 3k miles in haha... I really want to ensure higher chances of getting into beta this time.
Same here. Anyone know what to do to stay in the queue?

I am currently on 2022.16.3 and just got an update for 2022.20.7, by updating will that eliminate my chances of getting into Beta 10.69? I'm afraid I will be ahead of the beta update branch and have to wait again.

I've been opted in for 2 months now with an avg of 96 with 3k miles in haha... I really want to ensure higher chances of getting into beta this time.

I’m in virtually the same situation. 2022.20.7 just popped up for me after being on 2022.16.3 and having not budged even with all the 2022.20.x versions coming out. I had theorized that I had not been upgraded yet because I was opted into the beta, and that would have pushed us that were opted in past the branch point.

If everyone that is currently opted in but hasn’t received fsd beta yet is being pushed to 2022.20.7, that might indicate that they have moved the branch point of 10.69 to that version. I’m tempted to go for it if enough others who are opted in report that they're getting the update.

That might also be what this cryptic tweet is referring to (I have no idea who this guy is though):

Same here. Anyone know what to do to stay in the queue?

So that’s now 3 of us. I think this means that 10.69 is based off of the 20.7 version. I just checked and I’m still opted in.

That might also be what this cryptic tweet is referring to (I have no idea who this guy is though):

He's one of the people in the OG tester group and I think it's just a wild guess. But I also would expect it to be merged into 2022.20.x or newer at this point, considering 2022.24 is on the horizon and the next FSD version is probably another couple months behind 10.69

Last edited:
Reactions: edseloh
I'm not sure anyone knows definitively. You have very, very little to lose by staying on the 2020.16.x branch until you know for sure what 10.69 has for a base. Is there anything in 2020.20 or .24 you can't live without? Just be patient a bit longer - there's no good reason to upgrade just yet. At least not until you get something real beyond speculation to hang your hat on.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'm curious to see if its actually been changed to 10.69 or if it wasn't just humor from Musk, and its staying at 10.13
Version numbers are basically infinite and cheap like the original numbering back in 2020 where it was just a count of each FSD Beta update even if there were no beta-specific changes, e.g., security fix. Except he puts special emphasis on certain numbers resulting in the original versioning renumbered from 10(?) to 8.x so that 11 was reserved for something special. And similarly public FSD Beta so far has been on 10.x for nearly a year now even though there have been many significant changes "worthy" of a multiple major version bumps, but 11 is still kept for single stack.

If 10.13 was held back from wider release mainly because it wasn't able to pass the unprotected left turn, it might have actually delayed deploying the new architectural changes to the wider beta audience for presumably better data collection. So potentially the public communication and expectations around 10.13 is actually slowing down overall FSD Beta progress instead of adhering more closely to a 2-week development cycle for rapid iteration and feedback to incorporate into a "regular" 10.14 instead of now the special 10.69.

It's strange the single stack has been delayed because the new code isn't as good as the old code. Not confidence inspiring.
I think v 11 will also use raw image data, ie. photon counts. That makes image grabbing much quicker so the freed up time can be used for driving logic. The images have more detailed data as well. It required retraining the whole system from scratch though,so it’s taking a long time.

I'm not sure anyone knows definitively. You have very, very little to lose by staying on the 2020.16.x branch until you know for sure what 10.69 has for a base. Is there anything in 2020.20 or .24 you can't live without? Just be patient a bit longer - there's no good reason to upgrade just yet. At least not until you get something real beyond speculation to hang your hat on.
💯 this.

I’m still on 2022.16.2 in the offest of off chances that .3 would bump me too high. 😆

Mini-max is very clear here. Your potential pain in updating beyond the next release is way too great compared to the teeny benefits in 2022.20.

I’ve been subscribed to FSD since picking up my MYP on June 20th, and I got 2022.20.7 last week. Now 20.8 is waiting to download, but I’m not installing since it has nothing over 20.7 (which added blended braking for when battery is at high state of charge, or cold and regen is low). My guess is 10.69 will end up being version 2022.20.9.

I’ve been subscribed to FSD since picking up my MYP on June 20th, and I got 2022.20.7 last week. Now 20.8 is waiting to download, but I’m not installing since it has nothing over 20.7 (which added blended braking for when battery is at high state of charge, or cold and regen is low). My guess is 10.69 will end up being version 2022.20.9.
I think 20.8 is just a maps update?