Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically, at this point (and most likely prior) it really should be going out with some more objective based approach and algorithm than simple FIFO 100 score based release scheduling. I would like to think that Tesla FSD development/DOJO whatever it is would be using things like actual user/driver FSD utilization during testing, level of dis-engagements with video/in car review, some location based distribution, either for more national coverage but also clear trouble areas - like urban environments - LA - high commute or travel users, possibly certain cities where Tesla thinks/hopes/prays that they might someday release a RoboTaxi pilot program, and certainly more objective based reasons than I have highlighted here.
I have never been in a relatively early release that I can recall so they might be doing something. Or it is just luck (they have to choose someone).

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Another feature I’d love for them to add:

Forget robotaxis. I’d love to be able to send it to pick up my Walmart grocery order or any other restaurant online pickup order (which companies would have to allow which they eventually would). It’d save me a bunch of time and a bunch of money on DoorDash since I live in a huge residential area, and the closest stores to me are 15 minutes away.

I have never been in a relatively early release that I can recall so they might he doing something. Or it is just luck (they have to choose someone).
Dartboard:)

I have never been in a relatively early release that I can recall so they might he doing something. Or it is just luck (they have to choose someone).
Yeah, I was about six weeks into the first releases due to SSBS and have been a bit hit and miss for the next release timings - but I just went out to the garage and did my super secret FSD update rain dance protocol which seems to have worked since Feb 2022, so we’ll see in a few hours. ;-)

Last major release was May-26th, so 100 days ago. So, with 10.69, they have had a long time to work on a lot of platform related changes. I won't be surprised if a lot of things they mentioned for 10.11 have been completed for 69. When majority of testers get 69.2 (?) it will be 3 1/2 months.

1662395245503.png

Haven't gotten the 69.1.1 version yet: I'm part of the May crowd.

But if Tesla is being slow about letting me in, I understand.

I'm in Central NJ, one of the most congested places in the U.S.. Our roads weren't laid out by drunken cows (that's Boston's story, and it's sticking to it), but we got our fair share of Colonial-era ideas about how to route roads; they're not pretty. On top of that, NJ has this historical bit where, as competing railroads extended themselves west, every little po-dunk rail stop acquired a small town which promptly seceded from the larger townships. The larger township's farmers would maintain the roads in the townships in lieu of taxes; the small towns each thought they were the next best thing to NYC or Philly. As a result, there's lots of vaguely straight roads between NYC, Philly, and points south, but going NE or SW.. no two towns ever agreed on a straight road that went between them. A major E-W road terminates on one of those SW-NE roads, people hang a left (or right), then go into the neverwoods (there's actually a town by that name..) to go cross-country. Road maintenance and planning was, shall we say, an extreme afterthought.

So, my 20-odd mile (as the crow flies) commute is along a NW<->SE axis. There's easily, depending upon where the latest accident was on I-78, the GSP, I-287, the NJT, local roads, etc., and normal variable congestion, a dozen ways to get from point A to B and/or back. Local roads, 4-way stop signs, 3-way stop signs, six-lane local roads with lights, occasional rotaries, narrow roads going over hills with heavy woods on both sides and no lane markings and everybody going 20 mph faster than the limit, one lane roads splitting into three lanes as it goes over a hill, where one must be in the middle lane to go straight (and 12.2 always gets the lane wrong), interstates with a two-lane on-ramp merging onto the five-lane main artery, and one must shift over three lanes to go straight, and it's always congested, and so on and so on. It's no surprise that on a given day that little video recorder button get hit anywhere between 5 and 20 times a trip, never mind both ways.

I don't know who it was at Tesla that let me into the Beta back in May, but, by now, I'm betting they sincerely regret that move. (Assuming that it wasn't a robot. Do robots feel regrets?) So, if I'm dead last on the 69.1.1 brigade, it's not going to be surprise. I mean, Tesla wants feedback.. but there must be limits 😁.

Does it seem odd that some cars on TeslaFI are going from 10.10.2 to 10.12.2
whereas nearly all are going from 10.12.2 to 10.69.1.1?

Would these just be cars that never did the prior update (clearly) and / or could have been offline - not likely.
And while often one does have to do all interim updates to make the leap to the latest, it does seem odd that at this point one couldn’t just get the latest as the update?

Anyone else still on 10.10.2?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
They need to introduce a method to change the route like we can do with Google maps etc - by just dragging individual road segments.

I can kind of do that with way-points but very cumbersome.

It's not exactly what we need, but it looks like the code is there in some countries.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
This is all proceeding exactly as he said. It’s all in his tweets. He said if there were no issues we’d get .2. There were issues. Issues require a revision, so that was implicit. This is the .1 to 10k that he described.

All his tweets clearly indicate there could be tons of versions, implicitly.
First there was a .0 then a .1 and now this is 1.1. Wonder if we’ll see 1.1.1?

All of it, fear only exists in the mind.

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”​

― Frank Herbert, Dune

First there was a .0 then a .1 and now this is 1.1. Wonder if we’ll see 1.1.1?
I would imagine something like .1.2 is more likely, if there are further issues identified that they want to vet before rolling out wider. So far haven’t seen much to suggest that in videos (relatively little weirdness).

Probably they’ll do 10.69.2 next, to a small group, and then roll to 100k if ok, and if not, do 10.69.2.1, probably to everyone, unless it is still messed up.

Just making up numbers here. The idea is just to outline what would be expected for releases, and so far there have been no surprises.

I can see why they are being cautious! Right now the creep network nearly drives into traffic!

Reactions: DarkForest
Turns out it doesn't matter if I got 10.69.1.1 today since it's raining out. Just went to the grocery store using 10.12.2 and FSD doesn't work due to bad weather detected. Sure hope Tesla addresses this going forward. I would say 50% of the time this happens in moderate rain and 90%+ in heavy rain.

Anyone driven in the rain using 10.69.1.1?