Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out it doesn't matter if I got 10.69.1.1 today since it's raining out. Just went to the grocery store using 10.12.2 and FSD doesn't work due to bad weather detected. Sure hope Tesla addresses this going forward. I would say 50% of the time this happens in moderate rain and 90%+ in heavy rain.

Anyone driven in the rain using 10.69.1.1?

I think I've been looking forward to the rain more than FSDb tbh.

Technically you could flip a coin and it could randomly land on heads a trillion times in a row and not violate the laws of physics. However if you were playing a money game with someone and it happened over 10x in a row you would become suspicious they loaded the coin.🤣🤣🤣
You're right, and it's funny: But people have been literally killed because the party of the other part suspected malfeasance.

Bayes, of Bayes's theorems, the guy who's been named the father of modern probability theory, did so because he wanted to get to the Bottom of all these weird statistics involved with playing cards and (wait for it..) games of roulette. Which is pretty good for a Presbyterian Minister. I dunno how many murders he stopped (murderers are, as a rule, less likely than the general populace to have a grounding in statistics), but it was likely some 😁.

My mind-blownometer is ready, so is my body:

Welp, if you haven't gotten 10.69.1.1 already I don't think you'll get an update until 10.69.2.

Teslafi shows ~280 vehicles either on 69.1.1 or downloading it, and that number hasn't changed in hours. That is roughly 10% of the ~3,100 Teslafi cars on 10.12.

So they've pushed 69.1.x to 10% of the existing testers, as promised. The purpose of 10.69.1.1 is to validate that fixes to the foundational changes in 10.69 are effective, so that they can safely push 10.69.2 to the entire FSD beta fleet. There is very little benefit to Tesla to pushing 10.69.1.1 to another 90k cars, just to then push 10.69.2 to the same vehicles a week or so later.

I hate to say it because I'm an OG 10.2 beta tester still on 10.12, but I'm gonna give up waiting for anything before 10.69.2, probably a week and a half from now.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
My mind-blownometer is ready, so is my body:

May be they will enable some stuff that is not enabled ? In anycase, it doesn't make sense to introduce new features in a release intended for wide distribution instead of earlier limited release. When new features are introduced, you are likely to have bugs which would need to be fixed. So, you want releases that have been tested & fixed to be the wider release.

Unless, the new features are simple enough that internal testing in enough to make them robust (like UI changes).

10.69.2 has a relatively small number of code changes, but their practical effect will be significant​

So specifically what kind of issues? I don't see any in my neighborhood with no lines.
So I’m reporting on one drive and need a larger sample. When entering my neighborhood and for maybe 1/8th of a mile in, it would stay to the right as you’d want. It then passed an oncoming car just fine. Immediately afterwards it lost all sense of staying on the right and for a time was driving down the left side. So it’s interesting because it did appear to behave correctly at first but then seemed to forget.

Edit: the driving down the left side was in advance of a left turn. Fwiw

Edit 2: this type of road:

Attachments

• A0F629E7-1DFB-4D21-BAEB-B83B3A977AFE.jpeg
    A0F629E7-1DFB-4D21-BAEB-B83B3A977AFE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
Welp, if you haven't gotten 10.69.1.1 already I don't think you'll get an update until 10.69.2.

Teslafi shows ~280 vehicles either on 69.1.1 or downloading it, and that number hasn't changed in hours. That is roughly 10% of the ~3,100 Teslafi cars on 10.12.

So they've pushed 69.1.x to 10% of the existing testers, as promised. The purpose of 10.69.1.1 is to validate that fixes to the foundational changes in 10.69 are effective, so that they can safely push 10.69.2 to the entire FSD beta fleet. There is very little benefit to Tesla to pushing 10.69.1.1 to another 90k cars, just to then push 10.69.2 to the same vehicles a week or so later.

I hate to say it because I'm an OG 10.2 beta tester still on 10.12, but I'm gonna give up waiting for anything before 10.69.2, probably a week and a half from now.
Way to ruin Labor Day!… good analysis logic though. The slowdown could just be that the Tesla data centers are throttled since they are boiling over with the heat so the processors are slower. ;-0. Maybe it’ll pickup when the sun goes down.