Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But does not matter much for their current valuation, which is what I responded to. What we have is priced in for the most part; it’s not like there is some expectation that all of a sudden there will be Tesla robotaxis everywhere. That just is not anticipated at all.
Right … but current valuation is based on current understanding of Tesla FSD. If Tesla were to suddenly change strategy, it will have an impact. For eg. If Elon were to say their current strategy is not working and they need to reevaluate, SP will go down. So, the current price has current strategy built in - with some market expectation of success in some future.

If there is regulatory action to restrict FSD, for eg., it will adversely affect SP (and revenue). That is why you see a lot of “critics” trying to spread FUD and get regulators to ban AP/FSD.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have driven up and down Pikes Peak and many back roads on FSD with much success. It isn’t always perfect but light years ahead of EAP of old. Very few disengagements and a lot of confidence around sharp and hairpin curves. The car slows appropriately going into the curves and maintained good speed throughout.

Does it work 100% of the time? No, but most disengagements are for my own comfort level and not because of an error during the maneuver. This is on 10.12.2 and still waiting for the next release.

I guess going close to the center instead of on the right in unmarked wide roads. Annoying in neighborhood roads - because it looks rude and you may even know some of the people driving around.
I have 10.69.1.1 and it crosses the center line on marked, 2-lane roads. If a car is coming in the opposite lane, it often comes to a complete stop in the middle of the road.

I wouldn't believe this if it didn't happen to me.
I just picked up dinner in beta and for the heck of it attempted a ult with a median.
It worked just liked it should of, but in 10.12.2...it waited on the left traffic, stopped in the median, then went when it was clear... maybe I am dreaming 😌
I have never seen median logic in this build.
Screw 69, I am not updating!!

I just picked up dinner in beta and for the heck of it attempted a ult with a median.
It worked just liked it should of, but in 10.12.2...it waited on the left traffic, stopped in the median, then went when it was clear... maybe I am dreaming 😌
10.12.2 definitely has median logic. I tested it pretty extensively when it came out. It isn't very reliable, but it is there.

All this uploaded data and still no beta update. 😭

I'm hoping there's another round tomorrow of 10.69.1.1 since it's close to but not quite the 10k from what TeslaFi shows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 7.54.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 7.54.14 PM.png
    394 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
No new, hopefully better working beta, love for us Tampa Bay folks?

Right … but current valuation is based on current understanding of Tesla FSD. If Tesla were to suddenly change strategy, it will have an impact. For eg. If Elon were to say their current strategy is not working and they need to reevaluate, SP will go down. So, the current price has current strategy built in - with some market expectation of success in some future.

If there is regulatory action to restrict FSD, for eg., it will adversely affect SP (and revenue). That is why you see a lot of “critics” trying to spread FUD and get regulators to ban AP/FSD.
Sure, but any such effects would likely be transitory and minor. The market knows! Tesla is pursuing other less regulated areas in the event they get FSD working and somehow regulators step in. There will be plenty of other applications if they solve AGI, so regulations don’t matter.

Anyway, no fear of regulators causing problems with 10.69.1. And even if they do step in somehow, it doesn’t really matter except for the beta testers. Not really any major impact on progress in the near term! There would be a question of realizing revenue from those who have bought City Streets, but I think the timeline there would not be affected much. Regulators probably aren’t going to get rid of L2 systems!

Does this release have the redone power/regen bar? If so, it should show you when friction brakes are applied (a gray bar that continues to the LEFT of the green regen bar).

I would guess the friction braking line is added too. I’ll keep an eye out for it, and thanks for the info!
Yes it is there. I managed to get the car to slam on the brakes (not too difficult!).

It doesn’t seem to show if the driver uses the brakes, which was initially confusing.

Reactions: nvx1977