Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to update. My non ev and Tesla hating wife just took ride #3 in my car.
This is over 1 year of ownership. Reason: Minivan in shop at Honda for 4 recalls.
2 safety related. She still MF'ed the car the whole way. "Where are all the buttons?, why did they make it so fast?, How come it doesn't make noise?, why is there air blowing into my butt?"...
Bottom line, they may have to make ice vehicles illegal and punishable by death to get her to own one.
At least your wife drives it. 5 years of Tesla ownership here and my wife has never driven either the 3 or Y. No good reason given!

At least your wife drives it. 5 years of Tesla ownership here and my wife has never driven either the 3 or Y. No good reason given!
Huh? Drive it? She couldn't move it 1 inch if her life depended on it!
This was the 3rd time she got within 15 ft of it in 1 year, and also the 3rd time she sat in the passenger seat.

Last edited:
Think about what issues still need to be addressed. What's left falls into two categories. The first is dealing with specific cases like roundabouts. The second is creating a smooth driving experience similar to what can be done routinely by the best human driver. Solving roundabouts is going to take at least as much effort as what put into Chuck's ULT. That's going to take time. And what happens when highway and city are finally combined?
I worry that a major underlying unsolved problem is latency or delay in decision making and control. This may be a root cause of a number of bad behaviors — moving into an intersection or roundabout with conflicting oncoming cross-traffic, missing certain turns, braking too late around people entering crosswalks, excessive timidity entering signed stops as it tries to hide or deal with the latency, etc. It may also contribute to jerky and sudden control changes as it makes up for lost time by making sudden sharp turns.

It’s unclear to me if they can find a fix for this without faster compute hardware.

Also Elon Musk: "SpaceX specializes in turning the impossible into late."
😂
Yes-a-butta: Something that's impossible but actually shows up and is working, no matter how late, is no longer impossible, but is impressive.

I still remember the two Falcon 9 boosters coming down simultaneously and landing at Kennedy in Space Ballet.

Huh? Drive it? She couldn't move it 1 inch if her life depended on it!
This was the 3rd time she got within 15 ft of it in 1 year, and also the 3rd time she sat in the passenger seat.
We just moved from Austin to San Diego, and the price of gas finally made my wife drive my car. Now she can't get enough of it and even said how easy Super Charging was. Hopefully, the three-row SUV will be hitting the market soon.

I worry that a major underlying unsolved problem is latency or delay in decision making and control. This may be a root cause of a number of bad behaviors — moving into an intersection or roundabout with conflicting oncoming cross-traffic, missing certain turns, braking too late around people entering crosswalks, excessive timidity entering signed stops as it tries to hide or deal with the latency, etc. It may also contribute to jerky and sudden control changes as it makes up for lost time by making sudden sharp turns.

It’s unclear to me if they can find a fix for this without faster compute hardware.

I’ve been wondering about the potential delay in the vision system. Not that they are mutually exclusive but I’ve noticed delay between reality and appears on the screen from the cameras. Now this delay post processing and decision making. But it potentially could be before as well. Regardless there shouldn’t be a delay between inc backing up and what appears on the screen. Even a fractional difference could make all the difference in any potential accident.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
You reminded me, back when I had my driver test at the DMV long ago, the only thing I got dinged for was stopping at the crosswalk. Not even over it. She said I should be stopping 5 feet behind the crosswalk.

Yeah I was always told to start back fat enough I can see the line from over the hood.

No one ever does by the way and when you do see someone doing it everyone around them always wonders what the heck they’re doing.

The bad news followed by the good news.

1662843183554.png