Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I have noticed with 10.69.1.1, the occupancy network does get confused about how far certain things are, e.g., I was directly behind a motorcyclist, and I guess his clothing confused the occupancy network to think something was in the road ahead of us resulting in the gray blob visualizations well ahead of the motorcycle visualization and an unnecessary "path blockage" lane change.
Funny you should say that about motorcyclists - yesterday I saw the occupancy network identify a parked motorcycle as some kind of obstruction as well (shimmering gray blobs). Didn't turn into a motorcycle until I was literally passing it.

Depends on the way you look at it.

So far it’s people that were on 2020.69.1.1

But I’m on 2020.69.1.1 and I can from 2020.12.2

So if the question is did anyone skip 2020.69.1.1 then no not yet so far.

But they still could have come from 2020.12..2 though 2020.69.1.1

Honestly I expect to get 2020.69.2 myself within a day or three.

Perhaps. However, I choose to believe I have been put on the blacklist.

When do you see the hazard lights/turn signals? What do they indicate?
That someone has locked the car. or unlocked the car. Someone may be coming but you have no idea - they may just be putting something in the trunk or in the passenger seat. Until you see them you don't know, and you can't even see the guy until 1 second before the car brakes, much less recognize where he is, what his intensions are, etc.

Ummm, no.. never have tried that... I obey all traffic laws. My main concern was for @Ramphex . He has been known to push some limits...
1662941231744.png

While excessive if you take a Plaid to the drag strip (¼ mile) you will.
If you take a plaid to a drag strip and don't check your tires you deserve what you get.

That someone has locked the car. or unlocked the car. Someone may be coming but you have no idea - they may just be putting something in the trunk or in the passenger seat. Until you see them you don't know, and you can't even see the guy until 1 second before the car brakes, much less recognize where he is, what his intensions are, etc.
12:54: Hazard lights clearly visible (actually just a turn signal but persistent turn signals without turned wheels or movement, which would become clear over the next 19 seconds, indicates a hazard!). That would have been when a human would first flag that there might be a hazard. Plenty of time to prepare.

13:11.0: Pedestrian's head clearly visible (I suspect this is why Dirty Tesla put his hands on the wheel).

13:11.7: Last actual power application from the vehicle.

13:12.7: Vehicle visualized pedestrian.

13:13.0: Vehicle began to significantly slow. It's possible it was reacting sooner but I doubt it. There was very light regen (basically coasting) up until that point, but the light was red and there was slowing lead traffic.

I did my test drive on the road that will always have issues at one section where the car under FSD does not recognize the double yellow lines and will go fast thinking it is going to make a left turn. There is a big median and I have to disengage. The cars behind me will have no clue why I am driving there as I come back to the proper lane later. Each time I sent the video record to Tesla which is an additional step in Model S. I apologize for the not so crisp video as I don't have any fancy camera or Go Pro to take a video. I recorded the drive with my Pixel 6 Pro and edited and attached the link from my google photos here. This section is around 1:06. I could not control my surprise when it failed and almost hit the median. This makes me wonder about the accuracy of occupancy network.

The car is pretty good at predicting the pedestrians and their intentions in crossing and stopped extra time at the stop sign and did not move forward. This is at the beginning of the video around 0:17. I am very impressed.

12:54: Hazard lights clearly visible (actually just a turn signal but persistent turn signals without turned wheels or movement, which would become clear over the next 19 seconds, indicates a hazard!). That would have been when a human would first flag that there might be a hazard. Plenty of time to prepare.

13:11.0: Pedestrian's head clearly visible (I suspect this is why Dirty Tesla put his hands on the wheel).

13:11.7: Last actual power application from the vehicle.

13:12.7: Vehicle visualized pedestrian.

13:13.0: Vehicle began to significantly slow. It's possible it was reacting sooner but I doubt it. There was very light regen (basically coasting) up until that point, but the light was red and there was slowing lead traffic.
your times are off. Go though the video frame by frame.

So got 10.69.2 today, took it for a few drives. So far I've not seen any significant difference between it and 10.69.1 or 10.69.1.1. Anyone else noticed anything changed yet? (I wasn't expecting changes, just curious if anyone had seen anything.)
Yep just about same opinion here. Maybe one instance of braking hard to stop for a pedestrian approaching the crosswalk (green light for me red for him) but I’ve seen this behavior before. Also a few instances of phantom braking or hesitation for an unknown reason.

General 10.69 comment since this was the first time I went down this route:
* one wrong lane selection (not a new issue, just not a fixed one - it tried to merge into left turn lane “to follow route” though the nav went straight)
* one seemingly fixed lane selection issue (merge left to go straight right befire a light, and it used to try to jump back into the right lane right after the light)
* still slow off the line at stop signs and some lights. Fine if there’s no one around though
* also general observation but it seems to signal for turns a little smarter, or maybe just sooner - meaning it finally signals before entering one of the left turn lanes that appears on a road near me

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I do feel like a bit of caution will go a long way for regulatory approval, especially looking even longer-term where the driver is no longer required to pay attention, at which point the occasional slowdowns won't be as aggravating (assuming of course it doesn't add additional risk of collision from other cars).

Again, "regulatory approval" remains a red herring.

There is none required whatsoever federally...

An L2 system (which is all FSDBeta is ever intended to be per Teslas own filing with the CA DMV) is legal in all 50 states right now with -0- regulatory approval required.

For L3+ systems in the half dozen states that have laws on the books about them at all, again there's generally no "regulatory approval" required other beyond the maker promising the system obeys all laws already on the books (or in a couple states the maker certifying they are insured)

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yep just about same opinion here. Maybe one instance of braking hard to stop for a pedestrian approaching the crosswalk (green light for me red for him) but I’ve seen this behavior before. Also a few instances of phantom braking or hesitation for an unknown reason.

General 10.69 comment since this was the first time I went down this route:
* one wrong lane selection (not a new issue, just not a fixed one - it tried to merge into left turn lane “to follow route” though the nav went straight)
* one seemingly fixed lane selection issue (merge left to go straight right befire a light, and it used to try to jump back into the right lane right after the light)
* still slow off the line at stop signs and some lights. Fine if there’s no one around though
* also general observation but it seems to signal for turns a little smarter, or maybe just sooner - meaning it finally signals before entering one of the left turn lanes that appears on a road near me
Have your drives generally been disengagement free with 10.69.x? It does seem that the % of drives now are increasingly disengagement free or is that just wishful thinking?

Dude, what the hell. I shilled and no update. Unreal.
Summary of Ramphex technique:

"Waaaa, Daddy give me some ice cream!"
" Is that any way to ask? Try again."
(Pauses, thinks) "Daddy you're the best! Can I please have some ice cream?"
"Well okay, but wait until after dinner "
"Waaaa, Daddy you're so mean! I hate you hate you HATE YOU!!"
;)

Summary of Ramphex technique:

"Waaaa, Daddy give me some ice cream!"
" Is that any way to ask? Try again."
(Pauses, thinks) "Daddy you're the best! Can I please have some ice cream?"
"Well okay, but wait until after dinner "
"Waaaa, Daddy you're so mean! I hate you hate you HATE YOU!!"
;)
Umm… how do you know me that well… Dad?! You ever get that milk?!

your times are off. Go though the video frame by frame.
Sure:
Obvious vehicle flasher 19 seconds before (I think it was even visible before this but did not bother checking). This is the key screen capture showing how evident it was that there was a vehicle signaling ahead, and while it is possible in this shot Dirty Tesla did not see it because of his angle, a bit later on, several seconds before the incident, he DEFINITELY could (you can confirm that). And clearly the car could see it at this point with its camera position. It definitely could have counted some of those photons at 12:54! And we have anphoton counter in the car as has been pointed out.
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.02.35 PM.png

Pedestrian's head visible at 13:11 (however he takes hands off wheel after this, so it is hard to say if he had seen him yet - I think he easily could have though):
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.15.49 PM.png

Last power application 8 frames before 13:12, or 13:11.7
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.05.23 PM.png

Pedestrian visualized at 13:12.7
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.07.06 PM.png

Braking begins at 13:13
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.08.57 PM.png