Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 10.69.2 last night. Had to take son to dentist. Put in address. Simple drive, I would've taken the same route. Ok so we get on parkway. Go for a while then there's a split. Left for parkway right for expressway (which is mapped). Had to override. Then had to get off expressway, never signaled. had to override, then went back to FSD, it would have to move 4 lanes to get into right turn. Had to override. Go back to FSD, work truck in right lane, barely made it and right mirror hit cloth orange diamond flap saying men working. Almost there, go through green light in intersection and then it wants to signal right into oncoming lane. On the way back it REFUSED to exit off parkway to different parkway and then did not signal nor exit near my home address. It DOES NOT notice school speed limit signs, tries to make a right on red even though there are signs that say no right on red and it STILL takes forever to resume at stop sign even though there are no other cars in sight. It's like when I took my road test. Elon should be ashamed especially raising the price. It only seems to work well on streets doing lefts and rights. Highway exiting -, NOPE. Maybe in 5 years
Why would you expect it to do any of these things? Genuinely confused; the state of development has been made extremely clear.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I have software version 2022.24.5. Should I assume I won't get FSD beta until there is a 2022.24.x version?
If your lucky…I’ve been on 2022.20.8 for about a month. 10.69.1/2 is on the .20 branch, so I had hope I might get back in. Nope. Safety score is 100 for the last 8,847miles. Should have just kept my car that had the beta on it. Nothing like buying a new car, only to loose functionality. Thanks, Tesla.

WOW, drove across city and back this morning and over all FAR less jerk and much smoother. Came upon several pedestrians that a couple were walking in road parallel, a couple were crossing in a cross walk, and one was J-walking at an angle. Even for me a was a head swivel to know what to do and 69 handled it like a champ (Whole Mars) moving over and stopping correctly. Then had another where the pedestrian was walking towards me to the right and decided to J-walk at an angle behind me as I drove by. As soon as he stepped off the curb and into the bike lane I expected a Panic Stop but Beta just did a slight weave (car in the lane next to me) and keep going like a champ.

Was almost home and an easer, less congested but challenging to cross intersection. I wanted to see the Creep line (don’t look at the screen when moving in the city) and was kinda looking at the display and I’ll be damned if Beta didn’t try and blow through the Stop Sign with a pedestrian approaching (from left) and into oncoming traffic in both directions. Been there 100’s of times and never tried to run the sign. What a weird way for the near the end of the drive to end.

Still the amount of Jurk (city driving is much more jurky than the burbs) is soooooooo much less and that makes me happy.

Last edited:
Just got 2022.20.15. Navigation very buggy. Tried to scoot over to left turn lane from right lane 200’ from intersection. Then signaled left turn when map clearly showed right hand turn. Other nav problems as well. Not griping. Simply reporting. Yes I have sent video clips and bug reports to Tesla. Not worried. It will improve just like Nav on Autopilot has improved over past two years. This is rocket science after all. Even beyond.

we wait for the each update like a kid waiting for the Christmas present, we talk about how the updates are pushed, how much time it took to download etc. Some say it was the best thing invented after the sliced bread, some say not much improvement. and its time to wait for the next update.. rinse and repeat. Over the last 7 updates I haven't seen any meaningful improvement. Phantom breaking is scaring the crap out of me. My car is the only moving or inanimate object in the radius of 10 miles and still it decides to screeching halt in the middle of the road. This makes me feel like we have reached the peak of the software improvement and without any hardware upgrade its near impossible for the autonomous drive ( or whatever crap they call it). Probably Elon should put his ego aside and start thinking about Hardware rather than solely depending on Cameras only.
We don't need new hardware, Telsa just needs better software to understand camera input. Turns out vision is incredibly complex. Not as complex as a car driving itself, but still really freaking hard.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Good Lord man - WASH YOUR CAR!!! 🤣

Uh, why? It never rains up here :)
william-miller-tesla-1.jpg

What? Isn't it beautiful the way it is? After all it is ONLY 5 years of dirt :D

WOW, drove across city and back this morning and over all FAR less jerk and much smoother.
After my one drive this morning this is my main observation. So much smoother - turns, lane keeping, acceleration, deceleration, etc.

I also find lane prediction/recognition to be better in ambiguous areas.

I only had two interventions on a rather complicated commute. Unfortunately they booth *seemed* to be pretty blatant perception errors making unprotected turns:

*Made an UPR (or at least, moved quickly towards the creep limit) with a fast approaching car in the vehicle's path.
*Made an UPL when left and right were clear but a car opposite me was turning right onto the same street (and therefore they had right of way).

Just got 10.69.2 last night. Had to take son to dentist. Put in address. Simple drive, I would've taken the same route. Ok so we get on parkway. Go for a while then there's a split. Left for parkway right for expressway (which is mapped). Had to override. Then had to get off expressway, never signaled. had to override, then went back to FSD, it would have to move 4 lanes to get into right turn. Had to override. Go back to FSD, work truck in right lane, barely made it and right mirror hit cloth orange diamond flap saying men working. Almost there, go through green light in intersection and then it wants to signal right into oncoming lane. On the way back it REFUSED to exit off parkway to different parkway and then did not signal nor exit near my home address. It DOES NOT notice school speed limit signs, tries to make a right on red even though there are signs that say no right on red and it STILL takes forever to resume at stop sign even though there are no other cars in sight. It's like when I took my road test. Elon should be ashamed especially raising the price. It only seems to work well on streets doing lefts and rights. Highway exiting -, NOPE. Maybe in 5 years
Make sure the setting for "Navigate on Autopilot" is enabled. Awhile ago I had an update FSD disabled this setting and exiting the highway wouldn't work.

I had to download and install twice... odd., It finished late last night and now asked me to do it again. The install was successful last night according to the app...
I guess the 1st or 2nd update was successful. The drive to the office today had 1 disengagement and 2 interventions on my 61 mile trip. 50% each on highway and city. On a right turn with a quick left approaching, it didn't get over fast enough so I had to tug the yoke left. (disengagement) The other was moving through past stop signs, nobody around and it still needed a little go peddle. That happened twice. So overall, about the same from the last update.
It did turn the signals to turn on a little faster and does seem to take wider right hand turns. Maybe some curb rash complaints?
The lane changing was a little more comfortable.