Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally a Beta that doesn't "upset 🤢 the stomach" and is so much smoooooother. I'm thinking this version will be the first version that passengers wil be able to tolerate. All the unnecessary and unpredictable jerk is what bothers passengers the most and instills a complete lack of confidence. Has anyone tried 69ing (get your mind out of the gutter 😇) with someone who has been reluctant to let you use in the past?

Elon stated this multiple times and yes, a fully autonomous system needs to be capable to detect lanes in absence of map data or when the map is wrong. Still, map data can be beneficial. It's the silicon equivalent of long term memory. Same as a human driver with local knowledge, the car select the best lane far ahead and when visual cues are poor (e.g. snow cover, degraded markings, other cars covering, ...), which would impact even a superhuman vision stack.

From various reports, I gather that older versions of FSD were giving more weight to map data or perhaps lane-level map data is currently ignored entirely. To me, Tesla should seek to improve the map data, at least in a certain reference area. They should bring it to a level where it's almost always correct like 99.9%. Given that there already is a feedback channel, this would not take a lot of effort, especially if done for a limited region only. That would not only improve the user experience but also make it easier to detect cases where FSD gets it wrong.

The Mobileye-based Autopilot was first introduced in October 2014. Tesla started from scratch in July 2016 after the breakup from Mobileye. What we're experiencing today is the outcome of 6 years R&D at Tesla. According to wikipedia, the FSD Beta started in October 2020.

Is your experience so bad that it feels only like 20% done?
The people complaining about the slow FSD progress truly don’t understand what Tesla has already achieved and is achieving.

In frankly an incredibly short time since the blank page restart on literally brand new software architectural grounds. Software people know this sort of architectural-pivot moonshot just doesn’t happen this successfully or this fast very many times in a lifetime. Super rarely to established architectures, let alone to crazily new ones, let alone again to a technology.

This image (showing progress only up to last June) is very illustrative of the accelerating pace of capability.

1663080934131.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there anyone else out there enrolled in FSD Beta with 99 - 100 score still waiting to get into the program? It was my understanding that 10.69.2 was going to be the wide release to all FSD beta customers. I feel like I'm the only one still waiting. Still stuck on 2022.20.8.

from Connecticut MSP 2022 - Purchased in January 2022.

Are there any other users from CT that recently received the invite to beta? If yes how long did you have to wait?

The people complaining about the slow FSD progress truly don’t understand what Tesla has already achieved and is achieving.

In frankly an incredibly short time since the blank page restart on literally brand new software architectural grounds. Software people know this sort of architectural-pivot moonshot just doesn’t happen this successfully or this fast very many times in a lifetime. Super rarely to established architectures, let alone to crazily new ones, let alone again to a technology.

This image (showing progress only up to last June) is very illustrative of the accelerating pace of capability.

View attachment 852016
Why on earth, that somebody would find this humorous, is beyond my comprehension. It smacks of passive-agressive trolling. It might be time for TMC to limit the post "like" choices to just upvote.

Installed 10.69.2 yesterday, seems a massive step backward. Had to force dis-engage 7 times on a 10-minute drive that I could make easily on 10.12.2. Almost ran 2 stop signs, went to make a right turn at an uncontrolled intersection without significant slowdown, started jerking right to make a left turn from a stop sign at the bottom of an exit ramp with an oncoming car that had no stop sign, and held the lane very badly on roads even at lower speeds (two times I disengaged because I was uncomfortable at how close it was to the edge of the road or the double yellow in the middle). No less than 3 times on a double yellow road the car pre-emptorly braked for oncoming cars that were fully in their own lane and no danger to me.

I wish I could downgrade to 10.12.2.

Installed 10.69.2 yesterday, seems a massive step backward. Had to force dis-engage 7 times on a 10-minute drive that I could make easily on 10.12.2. Almost ran 2 stop signs, went to make a right turn at an uncontrolled intersection without significant slowdown, started jerking right to make a left turn from a stop sign at the bottom of an exit ramp with an oncoming car that had no stop sign, and held the lane very badly on roads even at lower speeds (two times I disengaged because I was uncomfortable at how close it was to the edge of the road or the double yellow in the middle). No less than 3 times on a double yellow road the car pre-emptorly braked for oncoming cars that were fully in their own lane and no danger to me.

I expect 10.69.2.1 soon to address a lot of issues like that.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Why on earth, that somebody would find this humorous, is beyond my comprehension. It smacks of passive-agressive trolling. It might be time for TMC to limit the post "like" choices to just upvote.
Agreed. I find it incredibly annoying to see one particular poster rate every post as 'humorous'. Either insensitive or childish

It does seem to hug the center double line. I have not read all the posts here but has this update if you have internal camera gotten rid of the nag on FSD?

It does seem to hug the center double line. I have not read all the posts here but have this update if you have internal camera gotten ride of the nag on FSD?
My car seems exactly centered in the lane when there's a double line. But most drivers tend to bias their track somewhat to the right of the lane's centerline. Tesla should add a setting for centerline right bias (%).

Reactions: Z_Lynx
very illustrative of the accelerating pace of capability
Total cumulative miles so far mostly reflects how many vehicles are in FSD Beta -- currently ~100k. You can see slope changes at October, January and June; and I estimate the population increasing around those times: 1k -> 15k -> 50k -> 100k. Potentially Tesla felt comfortable in increasing the population because FSD Beta capabilities were improved, but it's not as clear to say the accelerating pace is driven by increased capability.

Hopefully with 10.69.2, plenty more people will get added that are still waiting with Safety Score. The rollout to existing FSD Beta testers is basically 100% already, and people have been waiting since the last batch of enrollments for a few months (or more if needing retrofits or had the "wrong" software version).

Maybe the population will double again with 10.69 wide release for closer to 200k testers? Are there even that many that have pushed the button?

I laughed when I read it. I guess I'm just easily amused.
The idea that miles driven with FSD beta is a metric for progress is comical. Sorry, not sorry.

I’ve done some more driving on 10.69 and it is in fact a step or two forward. One fire.

FSD is now able to complete a left turn near my office it has always failed and it can now proceed through a controlled four-way intersection where it just used to park in the middle of the intersection with a green light.

Anyway it’s still completely useless of course but 10.69 did in fact fix some issues on my end. I’ll give it a run on my test route soon.

Noted some improvement over the previous, but comes to a dead stop on a two lane rural road when a dump truck approaches, even though clearly on its own side of the road. Probably not happy it can’t drive down the middle, which it seems prone to do on unmarked roads. Also gives up completely at a whiff of rainfall, even though the road is just wet and you can easily see to drive.

My car seems exactly centered in the lane when there's a double line. But most drivers tend to bias their track somewhat to the right of the lane's centerline. Tesla should add a setting for centerline right bias (%).
To me it seems related to the shoulder. FSDb seems to favor hugging the centerline over being too close to non-driveable surface, so if the road has little to no shoulder, and especially with no curb - just 8-12 inches of shoulder outside the right line then dirt/grass, it will hug or even cross the centerline (even with oncoming traffic!) rather than be too close to the end of the pavement on the right side.

I went for my first drive on 10.69.2 today. On the way to my destination it handled all the turns pretty smoothly but on the return trip it was a bit of a nightmare. Had to disengage a few times, one time for a right turn from a side street onto a major street, it just creeped too far into oncoming traffic and I didn't know if it was going to stop. Disengaged another time while it was trying to get into the left turn lane. There was another car behind me that entered the lane first and then it felt like it got spooked and then couldn't decide what to do because it started to waggle between going into the left turn lane or stay in its previous lane. Once into the left turn lane, it made the left turn pretty confidently but I had the left turn arrow so there was nothing that would make it skittish. The last disengagement happened when it had to turn right onto my street. There was a car in the right lane that was semi-blocking the right turn lane so it could not have gotten into the right turn lane but it kind of charged ahead faster than I was comfortable with, not knowing if it was going to stop behind the car and then go into the right turn lane when that car moved forward or if it was going to try to squeeze itself into the right turn lane right away. I haven't used FSD for a while since I was waiting for this new update so I was a little rusty hitting the screen capture. I guess FSDb is better than 10.12 but not sure yet. I'll have to do a few more drives.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sigma4Life
So after my couple of trips to the pharmacy to pick up the hemorrhoid cream, I have found the following:

1) Still has issues with breaking for traffic lights that are on curved roads, either brakes late and hard or brakes hard and then let’s go and slows down to a stop. Need a better smoother use of regen.
2) Some places, it’ll still get into the right hand turning lane, despite the GPS indicating to go straight.
3) Weird mapping issue with the 4 way intersection by my community is still there. The car puts on a turn signal but goes straight when it has to go straight through the intersection. 🤔
4) The delayed braking for crossing traffic is extremely annoying. When driving on a road and a vehicle up ahead making a left-hand turn from a road or a business on the right, crossing through my lane of travel, makes the car hit the brakes, despite the crossing car already being finished with their turn and out of the way.

If I remember anything else I’ll add. It’s now time to apply the cream.