Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Top good/bad highlights of my experience after 4 days with 10.69.2:

Good:
I've had zero (yes literally zero) instances of it trying to cross the double yellow line and use the oncoming travel lane to pass queued cars at stop signs and traffic lights. It's rare for me to go a full day without this happening during the school year (typically on 10.12.2 it would do this several times per day), so 4 consecutive days is a very good sign. This is a big deal to me, and is really reducing my anxiety level on my daily commute.

Bad:
Although it seems to me so far that it can correctly draw the creep wall at the point beyond which you'd be in contact with cross traffic, FSD seems to like to zoom up to that creep wall as fast as possible. Even if FSD is planning to stop just barely in time, the crossing traffic thinks I'm going to cut them off and slams on their brakes. FSD also does this even when it can already clearly identify lots of conflicting cross traffic from where it already is, and seems to do it even when it has creeped far enough where further creep offers no additional visibility.
I have the opposite experience when creeping with Stop signs. FSD usually stops at the sign which is fine but often takes forever to creep forward which is a real problem when the Stop sign is 20 plus feet from the intersection/cross traffic. That is very common where I live. That also often results in cars behind me getting very impatient as well so they will often honk. The creeping is slightly better with 69.2 but still takes way to long to creep forward IMO.

Where I do see the behavior you mention is when there is no Stop sign at a T-intersection and FSD goes right up the cross traffic and stops then quickly makes the go/no go decision.

Why would you expect it to do any of these things? Genuinely confused; the state of development has been made extremely clear.
Ok so then here's a thought Why is the price for FSD going up? It is now over ONE THIRD of the price I paid for the car. He laid off 200 people who worked
on videos sent in by us. You DON'T promise that software will do something it does not do and keep raising the price.

I'm going to suggest, as I always do, especially for those having problems after 10.69.2 install, to do the following after the update is finished:

1) Wash your car (make sure it's dry afterwards)
2) Reboot your car (I use the brake pedal method)
3) Recalibrate the cameras (best on a bright sunny day)
4) Set up your settings again after calibration

I look forward to seeing how 69.2 fairs on my commute.
I've rebooted my car several times in the past week because my USB music stopped working or I lost Bluetooth link. And by the way my car flashed me a msg a few weeks ago. It said front windshield camera dirty and it squited winshield washer and moved the wipers several times. It also tells me when a camera is blocked usually from a heavy rain.

Ok so then here's a thought Why is the price for FSD going up? It is now over ONE THIRD of the price I paid for the car.
Supply and demand. Well, demand - FSD is just a software download, so supply should be unlimited
He laid off 200 people who worked
on videos sent in by us.
were those 200 people still necessary? It's quite possible that the need had decreased.
You DON'T promise that software will do something it does not do and keep raising the price.
They can do whatever they want with the price. It's up to consumers to decide whether they'll pay it or not.

Another candidate for a hard ULT. I did this in early evening rush hour yesterday, before it got so busy traffic that ground road a halt. It was difficult. Speed limit 45, 50-55mph common.

Nice complication is people often turn right out of LandRover dealer immediately to left (not visible in street view). Have to keep track! And of course right-turning traffic from Padgett can block view, which was annoying for me since there was a minivan who just would not go even when clear, so kept blocking my view to right. Made it much more stressful.

Median is tighter than Chuck’s. I just didn’t feel comfortable stopping there. I did not try FSD. It’s illegal to turn into the yellow area (double yellow), though people do it. Just waited and then went for it when 4-5 lanes were clear. I went on about a four-second gap I think.

A couple of people lined up behind me to make their attempt.

Looking forward to FSD doing this fast and assertively so it can take the stress out of it. It really could be better, if it were extremely good at it!

Reactions: 2101Guy
Looking forward to FSD doing this fast and assertively so it can take the stress out of it. It really could be better, if it were extremely good at it!

The 2022.28 firmware branch just introduced alternative routes. I think it would be great if Tesla could incorporate that into a future FSD Beta release, and programmatically identify "easiest for FSD" routes to your destination. Then as a user, you'd be presented with "You can drive this route manually and make it there in 10 minutes, or drive this route with FSD to minimize chance of disengagements and make it there in 15."

All right. 69.2. Something sort of weird happened today.

1. Unprotected right turn onto a busy, 50mph+ road from a local with stop sign. For the first time, I noticed that creep barrier. Car crept forward a bit - and then Went For It, successfully, and merged nicely onto the oncoming freeway on ramp.
  2. On the freeway - car merged into medium-to-heavy traffic without intervention. That was a first since getting 69.2.. or the previous release, for that matter.
  3. On the freeway: OK, so it's running bog-standard NoA, no colored lines. But over the past week or so I had noticed a demerit: When shifting left into a faster lane, the car would take a lllooonnnnggg time to start accelerating, unlike FSD non-Beta where it would pile in and get started right off. This time, it was back to the old, better behavior.
  4. Did #3 twice more on a busy 4-lane local road, with dividers.
  5. This is weird: There's this spot where the busy road happens to have three lanes, going down to two, followed shortly with an off-ramp to a right turn. A car pulls into the right lane (where I'm not), accelerates, and merges in front of me. OK, that's fine. Then, the driver pulls into the off-ramp. The Tesla accelerates, passes the guy, then zipped into the off-ramp ahead of him. Um. First, it had never done that before; second, it's the behavior one half-expects from pushy teenagers; finally, it was kind of cool. The guy had been going slow.
  6. Left turn at a blinking yellow light - did it fast, unlike the last three times where it crept its way over the oncoming lane.
All I can think of is that I drove into NYC yesterday afternoon and back in the evening. Maybe all the obnoxious NYC drivers' attitudes rubbed off on the car somehow?

Not to say that there weren't the usual couple of disengagements coming in today. A merge into creeping/stopped traffic at an interstate off-ramp wasn't working well; and FSD-b's nemesis, the split to three lanes as the road peaks over a crest resulted with the car going for the (wrong) far left lane. But, still.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of local time-dependent training data set that gets calibrated over time.

Last edited:
The 2022.28 firmware branch just introduced alternative routes.
I took this way because there was no one going this way.

I don’t think we’re anywhere near a point where we can talk about avoiding disengagements due to difficulty. They happen all the time. It is not patient about sitting in a line of traffic on unmarked streets. It still occasionally jerks the wheel. Etc. Lots of interventions and disengagements.

Hopefully you’ll get it soon and then the state of things will be more clear.

Reactions: momo3605
Does anyone have an idea why FSD 10.69.1.2 would suddenly become unavailable? No error messages, no diagnostics alert, auto steer, cruise control, nothing is available. No strikes showing up in the auto pilot panel. I've rebooted the car, and am at a loss here. I've driven it for ~30 minutes, no change.

Has anyone seen this?

Does anyone have an idea why FSD 10.69.1.2 would suddenly become unavailable? No error messages, no diagnostics alert, auto steer, cruise control, nothing is available. No strikes showing up in the auto pilot panel. I've rebooted the car, and am at a loss here. I've driven it for ~30 minutes, no change.

Has anyone seen this?

I saw a thread on Reddit with similar symptoms:

Some of the comments suggested disabling Sentry mode and letting the car go into a deep sleep for a few hours. Other comments suggested re-calibrating the cameras.

Has anyone seen this?
Do you even see non-FSD traffic visualizations? Does cruise control work?

I had a problem on an FSD beta release several months ago where the FSD computer got screwy and refused to run along with my windows moving into vent position (partially open) randomly when parked and locked. It turned out to be due to a large number of dashcam/sentry videos on a 1TB ssd that I was using in the glove compartment USB. Once I replaced that with the original Tesla USB thumb drive everything went back to normal. I later reformatted the large ssd drive and reinstalled it without further trouble. Presumably something about large directories of files was causing some kind of data overrun or timeout fail that was triggering other computer problems.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Do you even see non-FSD traffic visualizations? Does cruise control work?

I had a problem on an FSD beta release several months ago where the FSD computer got screwy and refused to run along with my windows moving into vent position (partially open) randomly when parked and locked. It turned out to be due to a large number of dashcam/sentry videos on a 1TB ssd that I was using in the glove compartment USB. Once I replaced that with the original Tesla USB thumb drive everything went back to normal. I later reformatted the large ssd drive and reinstalled it without further trouble. Presumably something about large directories of files was causing some kind of data overrun or timeout fail that was triggering other computer problems.
No and no. 😖

1. Left turn at a blinking yellow light - did it fast, unlike the last three times where it crept its way over the oncoming lane.
I have a left turn on my way to work that's often a blinking yellow light and I've noticed the same thing - it drives it exactly like I would. If there's no traffic it proceeds without pausing at all. I'm guessing this is a side effect of the 'unprotected left' work that Tesla did for this release.
All I can think of is that I drove into NYC yesterday afternoon and back in the evening. Maybe all the obnoxious NYC drivers' attitudes rubbed off on the car somehow?
😂

Reactions: rajbsn
You don’t have to imagine (posted previously):

Maybe I should take longer clips of me just driving around? Seems like a boring YouTube channel, but maybe it’s good content?
What's interesting is that on all the other forums on TMC people brag about their ability to drive without touching the brake pedal but on this forum the majority seems to believe it is virtually impossible to do.
Even I, a relatively aggressive driver, can drive without using the brakes. 🤷‍♂️

So I purchased FSD when I bought my M3 earlier this year but have never opted in to FSD beta. Are there any rumors on when a FSD update would roll out to everyone? And has that ever happened?
It may happen quite soon for people with safety scores over 80 (and presumably over 100 miles in the SS program on Autopilot, or whatever the unpublished requirements are). It’s unclear but it is more likely to happen soon than it has been in the recent past, because Elon has mentioned an expansion at some point (in his Tweet, he did not give any indication of when it would happen - he only indicated when it would not happen).

It would make sense to opt in and start driving a bit if you want a chance. You do need some substantial miles. 80 is trivial to achieve.

Last edited: