Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing 10.69.2.2 now on mine. Look forward to testing it on an errand this evening
Don't expect anything greatly different. I went on 4 different trips since getting 2.2 and haven't noticed anything different. Haven't talked to anyone at the factory either, so not sure why the update.

It's waiting to be installed in the car in the company parking lot. Where there's no wi-fi 😔. Guess I'll have to go home and do it there.

The "forced" bit.. There's this one intersection on my way to work that, reliably, the car in FSD-b mode, attempts to go straight through on a red light. Four times now, the latest this morning. Today I decided to check just how far it was going to go, with the foot poised over the brake pedal.

Yup, red lights on the overhead, clearly visible on the screen and to me. Cross road has yellow stripes. Cross-traffic galore, and I don't mean once in a while, it was fairly heavy, cars moving along in both directions at 30-40 mph. Car came to a halt. Then crept up, which is where I usually stopped it. No broad white line for a stop line: Time, weather, and traffic have obliterated same. This time, after stopping, it cript up to where the bumper was about 3 feet short of traffic going by, which is Too Darn Close, and stopped again. Kept my foot handy. Steering wheel twitched. And then the car Went For It with that red light still on and traffic a-coming.

Slammed the brakes after moving another foot, hyperventilated, and hit the Record button. Moved on past the intersection and re-engaged FSD-b after the light went green.

It almost looked like.. It was trying one of those Texas Unprotected Lefts, in a place where any move straight ahead was a Very Bad Idea.

Wonder how many reports of this kind of behavior Tesla has gotten. I mean, this is the only intersection where the car's ever attempted something like that, FSD, FSD-b, or whatever.

Hope the 69.2.2 release does something for this. If it doesn't: What's the procedure to send a direct bug report to Tesla? Running red lights has to be High Up on the List of Things Not To Do over there.

The way you micro analyze each milla-second I question if you will ever be satisfied with any result or progress. For most, simply completing a turn they were not able to accomplish Safely is an acceptable result even if it could have been done .0002 seconds faster lol. And just saying something is “easy” doesn’t make it possible. Sometimes good is good enough as long as it can Safely accomplish the task. So many valuable contributions and feedback on this thread but sometimes the micro analysis with numbers that really mean nothing devalue the context. JMO
I think my contribution is valuable and points out the likely sources of stress as a driver in this situation. In this video Chuck had good luck with the scenarios he encountered.

These timings suggest that if Tesla has adjusted to wait for a 7-second gap if it's not going to be able to roll the median, it's likely to be always fairly comfortable in this build.

Also, I think the comments on the creep behavior I made are very helpful. Obviously I am saying that myself, lol. Try one of these 6-lane wide ULTs and you'll immediately see what I mean, though. And Chuck comments on it too.

These are important issues. The progress on this turn has been substantial. It's way better than it was, which is great. But the idea is to not have any close calls. Keep an eye on these issues in future videos. I didn't say I wasn't satisfied with the progress. It's just that Tesla should make it better and more comfortable if it is possible (which it is). No one wants to disengage because you think the vehicle is going to surge into traffic.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "For most, simply completing a turn they were not able to accomplish Safely is an acceptable result". There's not a lot of evidence that humans can't complete this turn safely.

I’m surprised you’re not one of the first ones to get it…. If you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No I‘m not because I always speak my mind. Even when I was the moderator of Nissan Leaf forum they never bothered contacting me. Same reason my bosses have never really liked me (and won’t let me present to customers) 😳

No I‘m not because I always speak my mind. Even when I was the moderator of Nissan Leaf forum they never bothered contacting me. Same reason my bosses have never really liked me (and won’t let me present to customers) 😳
Screw 'em. You be you!
IMO, you are one of the best contributors to Tmc...
You are an equal opportunity butt spanker...

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird and EVNow
It's waiting to be installed in the car in the company parking lot. Where there's no wi-fi 😔. Guess I'll have to go home and do it there.

The "forced" bit.. There's this one intersection on my way to work that, reliably, the car in FSD-b mode, attempts to go straight through on a red light. Four times now, the latest this morning. Today I decided to check just how far it was going to go, with the foot poised over the brake pedal.

Yup, red lights on the overhead, clearly visible on the screen and to me. Cross road has yellow stripes. Cross-traffic galore, and I don't mean once in a while, it was fairly heavy, cars moving along in both directions at 30-40 mph. Car came to a halt. Then crept up, which is where I usually stopped it. No broad white line for a stop line: Time, weather, and traffic have obliterated same. This time, after stopping, it cript up to where the bumper was about 3 feet short of traffic going by, which is Too Darn Close, and stopped again. Kept my foot handy. Steering wheel twitched. And then the car Went For It with that red light still on and traffic a-coming.

Slammed the brakes after moving another foot, hyperventilated, and hit the Record button. Moved on past the intersection and re-engaged FSD-b after the light went green.

It almost looked like.. It was trying one of those Texas Unprotected Lefts, in a place where any move straight ahead was a Very Bad Idea.

Wonder how many reports of this kind of behavior Tesla has gotten. I mean, this is the only intersection where the car's ever attempted something like that, FSD, FSD-b, or whatever.

Hope the 69.2.2 release does something for this. If it doesn't: What's the procedure to send a direct bug report to Tesla? Running red lights has to be High Up on the List of Things Not To Do over there.
Something very similar for me with 69.2. There is an intersection close to where I live, where the car runs a red light every time. On the other side of the intersection the road becomes a freeway on-ramp that then turns right to merge onto the freeway. The car seems to get confused as it approaches the intersection: it sets the right turn signal even though the route leads straight through the intersection, then creeps forward and eventually continues straight and runs the red light. Reproducible and reported.

What's the procedure to send a direct bug report to Tesla? Running red lights has to be High Up on the List of Things Not To Do over there.
I think your only real option is to email [email protected]. Include your VIN #, the date/time of your snapshot, and a brief description. The odds of you hearing back are almost zero, but that's the only feedback mechanism Tesla has given us (aside from the report button, of course). I have to assume that somebody reads those emails and does...something with them. Agreed, though, that running red lights should be pretty high on their priorities list!

I have this same issue, I sent it via record AND email of dashcam video to FSD beta support last week. It’s one of the things that really scares me the most. I have had it now in four different builds, early ones and now again this one and the last one. Car sees the red light, comes to stop’ ish, and then proceeds to just try and go through the intersection THROUGH the red light even with cross traffic cars coming from left. This type of complete fail error at THIS stage makes no sense.

I would put a lesser issue at still trying to go through/over speed bumps at FULL street posted speed.. that makes no sense to me at this stage for well marked speed bumps. Fortunately, I’m able to disable and hard brake quickly each time. It’s another disappointing fail at this point.