Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got home and neither of my cars were downloading the update, so I got in mine and hit the “advanced” button like 20 times and lo and behold my car started to downalod the update. And then just a few minutes ago I went into my wife’s car and also hit the “advanced” button like 20 times and it started to download the update after just a minute of me sitting in the car. Lol!
Wow! thank you so much! I pressed the Advanced button several times and my car started downloading update 2022.20.9. But why I am getting the "old" software 2022.20.9 version for the update? I own a Model X Year 2022 with FSD purchased. Safety Score 98.

Wow! thank you so much! I pressed the Advanced button several times and my car started downloading update 2022.20.9. But why I am getting the "old" software 2022.20.9 version for the update? I own a Model X Year 2022 with FSD purchased. Safety Score 98.
I still don’t know if it actually did anything or was just a coincidence (I believe at one point it actually used to) but no reason not to try!

For folks who were added to the Beta pool this year, did you receive an email from Tesla about it? Or just a firmware update notification from your car?
New owner in March 2022. Found and pressed the FSDb application button on the car within a few days. Spent until mid-June with Safety Scores in the low to mid-90s, and using NoA very little. About June 15th I was alerted that there was new software ready already downloaded and ready for me to install. Only after I had installed it did the sight of the red steering wheel of death greeting me at the top of the release notes alert me to the fact I had finally gotten into the anointed FSDb pool. No email or other notification.

New owner in March 2022. Found and pressed the FSDb application button on the car within a few days. Spent until mid-June with Safety Scores in the low to mid-90s, and using NoA very little. About June 15th I was alerted that there was new software ready already downloaded and ready for me to install. Only after I had installed it did the sight of the red steering wheel of death greeting me at the top of the release notes alert me to the fact I had finally gotten into the anointed FSDb pool. No email or other notification.
On this topic - when they add a substantial new group of testers (as they’re about to do this week) they REALLY should send them an email going over in detail the current state of FSD, how to enable it, what to watch out for, etc.

When I was added to the beta on 10.2 we got a very basic email from Tesla (it even had spelling mistakes). But they've had enough time to put together a glossy welcome email with embedded videos etc.

It always amazes me how little other Tesla owners (even those who purchased FSD) actually know about what the software can - and can't - do.

I'm currently in safety score hell at 98%, been driving like a grandma for weeks, and I'm out of town for a few days. If I get invited but I'm unable to download, will I "miss" the beta invite? I left my car at a parking lot without wifi and wasn't sure if the beta program invite expires after a few days.

On this topic - when they add a substantial new group of testers (as they’re about to do this week) they REALLY should send them an email going over in detail the current state of FSD, how to enable it, what to watch out for, etc.

When I was added to the beta on 10.2 we got a very basic email from Tesla (it even had spelling mistakes). But they've had enough time to put together a glossy welcome email with embedded videos etc.

It always amazes me how little other Tesla owners (even those who purchased FSD) actually know about what the software can - and can't - do.
Agree completely. I am a little worried in behalf of unsuspecting new beta testers. Chuck Cook (@Chazman92) put out a video for new beta testers about 18 months ago and I hope he does another one. It offers advice and caution that will help orient folks who are new to this. As a side note it's interesting to see the bounding boxes in version 8.2 that was the state of the art back then. If nothing like this is made now I plan to send this to some folks who will be getting a beta version soon.

Last edited:
Tried to use FSD 10.69.2.2 tonight but the moderate to heavy rain (city/streets) made FSD unusable. Gave up after 30 minutes.
Robotaxi anyone?

I did get a drive in before the rain and the outcome was poor. Tried to enter a roundabout and just as I entered the roundabout FSD with 2 cars coming disabled itself which was a blessing because FSD wasn't slowing down and I was about to do the same. Daylight hours so cannot blame the rain or darkness.

In general 10.69.2 has improved over the past few days on many of the same intersections so I was beginning to get optimistic. When did Elon say .3 is coming?

Reactions: RabidYak