Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model S Plaid was on 22.20.8 until early this morning. Just installed 2022.20.17. WooHoo!!!
I have been waiting for this day since I bought my 2016 Model S90D with FSD. It was tough, waiting and watching since I have logged over 100,000 miles on regular FSD. I missed the earlier roll out, since I had bought the new Plaid, and missed the 100K rollout.
Went for a short drive this morning at 4:00AM and FSD Bets worked great. The only intervention was as it approached a curb that was out farther than the rest. It would have likely corrected, but I didn't want to risk it.
I am so happy I no longer have to drive with my 100 Safety Score always trying to find something to ding me!
Two questions for you FSD Pros.
1. Can I bring up full screen FSD display on the Refresh?
2. How to report intervention issues? I see other pressing a button on the screen.
I drive a refresh 2022MSLR and have FSDb.
1. No. we cannot bring up rhe full screen display forour refresh MS. For us, most of the action is viewed on our center dash screen.
2. We have to press the car icon on the bottom tray and bring out the screen with the menu options such as controls etc. On the top screen we see our profile name, video icon, bluetooth etc. Press the video icon to record any event. It is definitely not a quick button to press like M3 or Y. You can swipe the car display (depending upon what screen you have on the display) to the right and qucikly press the video button.

Would love to see video of the racing to 25mph.
I'm guessing a video would just cement that you prefer accelerating quickly, whereas we don't. Which is fine!

The specific city block I'm talking about is 250 ft long according to Google Maps. Even starting at turning speed, that's way too short of a distance to accelerate to 25 mph just to slow down immediately afterwards for me.

A reminder to all the new participants:

1) Don’t let the car do anything wrong.
2) Always be disengaging!
3) Remember you are always driving.
4) Both hands on the wheel always, learn how to do this comfortably and effortlessly; it is well worth it. It’s ok to disengage many times while you practice!

This is how we’ll get quality behavior from FSD as soon as possible.
5) Always be adjusting the speed.

Eventually you'll get more comfortable with how fast FSD drives, but at first it can be jarring. Adjusting the speed can help immensely. I started off with it configured to go 5 below the posted speed limit for a couple of months, and I still often lowered the speed further on certain roads. Eventually I realized I was always increasing it to the speed limit, so I configured it to do that. Now I'll even sometimes go over a mph or two.

• Informative
Reactions: wknickless
The specific city block I'm talking about is 250 ft long according to Google Maps. Even starting at turning speed, that's way too short of a distance to accelerate to 25 mph just to slow down immediately afterwards for me.
Link? Did it use the brakes? I suspect you would be comfortable if it did not use the brakes and stopped smoothly, in the unlikely event it reached 25mph.

Definitely would like to see this though.

Released on old 2022.20 branch. Most cars are WELL past that level. So, for all those doing the safety dance for months and are now running production firmware of 2022.24.x or 2022.28.x, you are hosed once again. Send your love letters and cards directly to Elon!
Confirmed no downgrading? Man sucks. I was thinking the wide 80+ release version would be merged to the 24 branch at least. I guess not.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Would love to see video of the racing to 25mph.

Generally it is customary to accelerate to the speed limit in a timely way, and decelerate in a timely manner for red lights.

Obviously there are personal preferences here. We are supposed to have that in the car but they are like elevator door buttons - the settings do nothing.

——

A reminder to all the new participants:

1) Don’t let the car do anything wrong (in general, but particularly if other cars are around).
2) Always be disengaging!
3) Remember you are always driving.
4) Both hands on the wheel always, learn how to do this comfortably and effortlessly; it is well worth it. It’s ok to disengage many times while you practice!

This is how we’ll get quality behavior from FSD as soon as possible.
@AlanSubie4Life My comment had nothing to do with red lights. When turns are less than a tenth of a mile apart in a neighborhood with lots of children going from 0 to 25/30 and then back to 0 is ridiculous, unsafe and zooming. When I first got FSD last October it behaved this way but Tesla did dial back this activity which was great but it's back again.

TeslaFi's FSD Beta population has grown about 20% compared to before 10.69.2.2, so unclear if Tesla is doing phased rollouts to the new 60k potential testers (60% growth) or if it's because the "missing" 40% is actually on 2022.24/28+ and might need to wait until after AI Day for 10.69.3, which might merge FSD Beta to a newer release branch.

I wonder if this new automation to "automatically send beta" will happen for those currently on "too new" software versions, but overall it seems like it should help reduce the wait time:

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Add a 7/8 to the beer tally. I think that makes 84% (1/2, 7/8, 7/8, 6/7) of the ones I have counted.

I am now feeling not guilty at all about winning this bet.

@AlanSubie4Life My comment had nothing to do with red lights. When turns are less than a tenth of a mile apart in a neighborhood with lots of children going from 0 to 25/30 and then back to 0 is ridiculous, unsafe and zooming. When I first got FSD last October it behaved this way but Tesla did dial back this activity which was great but it's back again.
Yes, driving in a contextually reasonable fashion is important.

Last edited:
Exactly. “Timely” is a very subjective term.
I think we can agree what it is not though: for slowing down, using the brakes in such a situation is clearly excessive.

I suspect people would be less bothered by some of this behavior if there was any evidence the car had perception, detection, and response similar (preferably superior) to a human.

I finally made the cut and had the first drive without a disengagement. I anticipated a couple of scenarios and didn't want to force it so I adjusted the max speed to back off. Of course it's much more capable than the non-beta version with far smoother lane changes but in general steering wheel control needs TLC to more appropriately mimic the feel of human-like control instead of those abrupt step responses. I setup chill mode but it still felt a bit aggressive at times. Overall it's a good start.

Add a 7/8 to the beer tally. I think that makes 84% (1/2, 7/8, 7/8, 6/7) of the ones I have counted.

I am now feeling not guilty at all about winning this bet.

Yes, driving in a contextually reasonable fashion is important.
Eh. The one failure wasn't a huge failure IMO. It wasn't great, that's for sure; it just decided to do a wider turn at the last second which concerned Chuck (understandably so). Turning into opposing traffic only happened because it went to dumb TACC mode after the FSD disengagement—perhaps more reason why a steering wheel disengagement should fully disengage.

/shill mode

Reactions: mtapes and Yelobird
The one failure wasn't a huge failure IMO. It wasn't great, that's for sure; it just decided to do a wider turn at the last second which concerned Chuck (understandably so).
It jerked the wheel to the right, as we are all accustomed to it doing occasionally (fortunately far less frequent now). Automatic fail. My guess is it might have corrected itself, but you can’t be guessing with oncoming traffic.

It jerked the wheel to the right, as we are all accustomed to it doing occasionally (fortunately far less frequent now). Automatic fail. My guess is it might have corrected itself, but you can’t be guessing with oncoming traffic.

It looked like it was going slow too. I would’ve disengaged in that case too. Didn’t look safe

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Anyone else having a problem where your car's mic doesn't work since 10.69.2.1 ?

On both 10.69.2.1 and 10.69.2.2 , it doesn't hear any voice commands , I can't reply to texts with my voice, and when on the phone, nobody can hear me, but I can hear them.

I was hoping that 10.69.2.2 would have fixed the problem, but if it's not widespread, I'll have to reach out to service.
Thanks in advance....

TeslaFi's FSD Beta population has grown about 20% compared to before 10.69.2.2, so unclear if Tesla is doing phased rollouts to the new 60k potential testers (60% growth) or if it's because the "missing" 40% is actually on 2022.24/28+ and might need to wait until after AI Day for 10.69.3, which might merge FSD Beta to a newer release branch.

I wonder if this new automation to "automatically send beta" will happen for those currently on "too new" software versions, but overall it seems like it should help reduce the wait time:
Would be a first. Honestly, you can’t believe everything Elon says. His comments frequently make his own employees cringe.

Link? Did it use the brakes? I suspect you would be comfortable if it did not use the brakes and stopped smoothly, in the unlikely event it reached 25mph.

Definitely would like to see this though.
This has nothing to do with the brakes or regen it's simply how uncomfortable it is to go from 0-25/30 and back to zero in such a short distance to make turns.

This has nothing to do with the brakes or regen it's simply how uncomfortable it is to go from 0-25/30 and back to zero in such a short distance to make turns.
Yep. Important to drive in a contextually reasonable manner.

Still, I maintain that if the car showed evidence of driving in a non-robotic manner, with good detection and response, and the ability to drive smoothly, some of this behavior would be better tolerated.

It definitely has a tendency to rocket at inappropriate times. I had it doing that today on an off-ramp where the speeds are 55-65mph and it goes around several corners (three/four). A totally different situation than a neighborhood, but the same issue of surging into corners, speeding up when there is a light around the corner, etc. Just not correct for the context.

Seemed a bit more aggressive and twitchy on this with 10.69.2.2 than it has previously, but might have just been chance. Just lots of accelerator pulsing and unnecessary maxing out of regen. This sort of bizarre inconsistency removes any confidence in the system (might be a good thing!).

Reactions: Jeff N