Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea the design of this intersection is probably different from the majority of front facing lefts that are fed into the NN (also arrow is in a non-standard location). Did it even follow the green arrow? Or was it treating this like an UPL?

The intersection only provides the green arrow if you're waiting at it while it's red. Otherwise it's just a solid green controlling an unprotected left. This morning I happened to come to it without the arrow, so it will be interesting to try again under different circumstances.

using FSD in Canada, still lots of issues I am encountering. The FSD beta also does not seem to recognize school zones as it goes 50km/h where it should be 30km/h. I've also had some issues with it changing lanes very aggressively on a solid line (from left turn lane only into the right straight lane). Overall, I am impressed but still work needs to be done

using FSD in Canada, still lots of issues I am encountering. The FSD beta also does not seem to recognize school zones as it goes 50km/h where it should be 30km/h. I've also had some issues with it changing lanes very aggressively on a solid line (from left turn lane only into the right straight lane). Overall, I am impressed but still work needs to be done
It does not recognize schools zones, school busses, no right on red(maybe can), caution signs, and a list of other things....yet.

find it very difficult to do so without causing disengagements
This is the entire point of holding the wheel. It enables quick and easy disengagements. And inadvertent ones are avoided with practice. It gives a feeling of solid control and makes it less stressful to use FSD.
The car was aiming for the left-most turn lane,
Yes, it should clearly have changed its decision. There were two left turn lanes and it was possible to use the right one. Nearly any human would do this too, unless they were taking an immediate left after the turn. The video I think doesn’t capture how unnatural this lack of movement was. Omar reported it! But for some reason did not intervene (bizarre).

This is the entire point of holding the wheel. It enables quick and easy disengagements. And inadvertent ones are avoided with practice. It gives a feeling of solid control and makes it less stressful to use FSD.

Just like AP, I think the steering wheel torque threshold also varies with system confidence. So I don't mind accidentally disengaging by gripping the wheel too hard, because it seems like those are also the scenarios where FSDb is the least confident.

Got the Beta on a refresh X.

Couple of issues I'm noticing:

1. I don't have the send report button

2. It's currently raining where I am and instead of just activating wipers, FSD Beta is deciding to clean the windshield using up wiper fluid randomly throughout my drive, happened at least 6 or 7 times, windshield isn't dirty just has rain on it.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff N and momo3605
Got the Beta on a refresh X.

Couple of issues I'm noticing:

1. I don't have the send report button

2. It's currently raining where I am and instead of just activating wipers, FSD Beta is deciding to clean the windshield using up wiper fluid randomly throughout my drive, happened at least 6 or 7 times, windshield isn't dirty just has rain on it.
You have a report button, but it's under controls near where your wifi/bluetooth, etc is....they hide it on the M S/X refresh for whatever reason.

I do believe when Beta is based on .28 they will have it on the screen with the new buttons from the control panel. Rumor is that will be 10.69.3 which should come out after AI Day.

• Informative
Reactions: joenathan
Took a couple simple utility drives this morning. About 15 miles round trip. Nothing particularly difficult. One UPL, which was handled perfectly. Beta passed a car in my neighborhood without slowing, so, perhaps this issue has been tweaked away.

No interventions or disconnects on either drive. While riding, I realized that, with 10.69.2.2, I fully expect a zero intervention drive on many of my common destinations. There are certainly still issues that need worked, but it's a significant change in mindset vs where beta was with even 10.12.2.

Anyone else having a problem where your car's mic doesn't work since 10.69.2.1 ?

On both 10.69.2.1 and 10.69.2.2 , it doesn't hear any voice commands , I can't reply to texts with my voice, and when on the phone, nobody can hear me, but I can hear them.

I was hoping that 10.69.2.2 would have fixed the problem, but if it's not widespread, I'll have to reach out to service.
Thanks in advance....
I got 69.2.2 and my mic started having trouble too. Voice commands are spotty, sometimes they work, sometimes it totally fails. Bluetooth calls also don't work since the mic fails.

Hopefully it's resolved in 69.3

Read my original post. I’ve been using FSDb for 9 months - more practice hasn’t helped, nor do I find it makes FSD less stressful. I do find it makes it more irritating because of all the disengagements. When using FSD you should be prepared to make disengagements but inadvertent disengagements are annoying, interfere with testing, and likely send false data to Tesla.
Yes, it should clearly have changed its decision. There were two left turn lanes and it was possible to use the right one. Nearly any human would do this too, unless they were taking an immediate left after the turn. The video I think doesn’t capture how unnatural this lack of movement was. Omar reported it! But for some reason did not intervene (bizarre).
Again - read my original post. Even for a human, the decision to go around would not have been instant. You would have had to realize the truck was turning into the gas station, not at the intersection, verify that there was room ahead of the truck and room to go around, then verify that it was clear to go around.

• Disagree
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Hey- I just received FSD beta yesterday. The first thing I did was a camera calibration before I even turned it on because I was on way home from work. Anyways, my car has been behaving oddly. To preface this I have been a huge fan of FSD for over 4 years now and probably watched about all FSD beta vids on YT before I qualified with safety score. To get to the point, my car will not do things such as, pass pedestrians that are In front of us, (It will instead cruise behind them extremely slowly unwilling to maneuver around) It also chooses every slight bend in the road that has a intersecting road to our right as a good time to use the blinker. I probably have blinker ever 20 seconds when I am driving. Has anyone else experienced this very weird behavior? or is this normal????? PS: i have only tested on backroads and have experienced A TON OF PHANTOM BREAKING.
Could all this have to do with me needing to recalibrate again? Or does this version just not do things like pass pedestrians. It seemed to prefer to tail him at 10 mph instead of passing for my 33 mph set speed.
Thanks!

slowing for the school zones is one thing but school buses are another completely. twice last week i had to wrest control from the car to prevent it from suddenly passing a stopped school bus. as the buses slowed and stopped the car did the same. but with all the lights flashing, the stop sign deployed on the bus, the car turned wheels sharply left and lurched forward trying to pass and return to full speed. pretty shocking. hadn't had the experience with FSD while being behind a stopped bus. fixing this error should be a drop everything priority. i guess the car sees the fact a bus has pulled somewhat off the travel lane it see it as just another parked vehicle, ignoring the words "school Bus", the colour and the flashing lights.
is there the same erroneous coding for emergency vehicles?
"Wrestle control" is a bit dramatic, but I would assume it sees the bus lights as hazards and follows the protocol to pass. It's an instance, like construction zones or school zones, where you should know to take over. Another example of the normal things that aren't in the code, yet.

It does not recognize schools zones, school busses, no right on red(maybe can), caution signs, and a list of other things....yet.

slowing for the school zones is one thing but school buses are another completely. twice last week i had to wrest control from the car to prevent it from suddenly passing a stopped school bus. as the buses slowed and stopped the car did the same. but with all the lights flashing, the stop sign deployed on the bus, the car turned wheels sharply left and lurched forward trying to pass and return to full speed. pretty shocking. hadn't had the experience with FSD while being behind a stopped bus. fixing this error should be a drop everything priority. i guess the car sees the fact a bus has pulled somewhat off the travel lane it see it as just another parked vehicle, ignoring the words "school Bus", the colour and the flashing lights.
is there the same erroneous coding for emergency vehicles?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
None of this stuff is handled at all. It’s ok because we are driving.

twice last week i had to wrest control from the car to prevent it from suddenly passing a stopped school bus.

Remember that you are driving. All you have to do is tap the brake as the car starts to move to indicate that you are not going to drive that way. It is just following your instructions. Crisis averted.

Your hands are on the wheel, your eyes are on the road, your foot is ready to cover the brake, and disengagements are normal and common.

"Wrestle control" is a bit dramatic, but I would assume it sees the bus lights as hazards and follows the protocol to pass. It's an instance, like construction zones or school zones, where you should know to take over. Another example of the normal things that aren't in the code, yet.
was dramatic for me, with the surprise of the car doing something so unexpected and so wrong.
(sorry for the inadvertent double posting.)

We all hope so. Personally I do not think the issue of capability and these behaviors are separable, though.

I’d love to see zero latency on the screen so we had a better idea of what the vehicle is reacting to (see the Twitter discussion on trajectories - I don’t agree with this assessment that the vehicle made a decision on stale information - all we know is the wheel jerked and not sure why the path planner did it - it would be silly to react to positions of vehicles 0.3 seconds ago, anyway). We really have no idea what are the capabilities of the car, since we can’t see what it sees.

For me the most noticeable latency is when the lead vehicle slows. You can watch FSD quickly fall behind as the lead vehicle gets closer and FSD needs to apply more and more excessive braking action. In those cases FSD feels like it's processing data over 1 sec old - a time when the lead vehicle is more distant and traveling faster. Of course the lead vehicle's distance should get closer as both vehicles slow but the velocity differential drives FSD's urgency to brake harder and harder. There's a few scenarios like this that suggesting latency is an issue

As I think about the abrupt steering could, in part, be intentional to reduce as much system delay as possible.

was dramatic for me, with the surprise of the car doing something so unexpected and so wrong.
(sorry for the inadvertent double posting.)
I know exactly what jdr93 is referring to. Since last October when I got FSD this "wrestling" the wheel has happened a couple of times to me. Here the scenario for me. The car unexpectedly makes a jerky wheel move that requires a takeover and quick turning of the steering wheel in the opposite direction to avoid a problem. It takes much more of an effort than effort and the word "wrestling" is an apt description. First time it happened to me I would have hit an island. I was able to create the problem and even knowing it was coming turning the wheel was dam hard to do. Root cause was a mapping error that when turning into the parking lot the blue planner out of know where wanted me to turn out of the parking lot and back into the intersection.

I know exactly what jdr93 is referring to. Since last October when I got FSD this "wrestling" the wheel has happened a couple of times to me. Here the scenario for me. The car unexpectedly makes a jerky wheel move that requires a takeover and quick turning of the steering wheel in the opposite direction to avoid a problem. It takes much more of an effort than effort and the word "wrestling" is an apt description. First time it happened to me I would have hit an island. I was able to create the problem and even knowing it was coming turning the wheel was dam hard to do. Root cause was a mapping error that when turning into the parking lot the blue planner out of know where wanted me to turn out of the parking lot and back into the intersection.
Try using a tighter grip on the wheel. Just steer the car the way you normally do. If it tries to turn it will just disengage which is good.