Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night on my drive home, there was a kid dressed in dark clothes riding a black BMX on the sidewalk. The only lighter color on him was a light-grey helmet. Visualization saw and tracked him the entire time, even when I didn't think there was anything there.
Right, and were you able to track the kid and find out what he was up to? Sounds pretty suspicious.......

I don't see how this would be any different if there were a single lane going forward with one or two fewer traffic lights.

There's every reason to believe this will happen (sometimes! randomly! rarely?) on the simplest possible intersections with a protected left turn lane.

Looking at the video (unfortunately I didn't have the camera mounted closer and wasn't using the larger visualizations), I can't tell whether it was visualizing anything consistently in the lights. You can see green and red at times but some of the time it's ambiguous (nothing? green?). We'll never really know.
I think it's proceeding based on the green light for the next lane over but yeah it's total speculation, maybe it doesn't think the red light applies to its lane because it's hanging so far to the right side rather than being somewhat centered over the lane

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Right, and were you able to track the kid and find out what he was up to? Sounds pretty suspicious.......
He was definitely up to no good - and Tesla's new motivation NN detected it nearly immediately. If you enable the new enhanced visualizations in the settings menu, it now includes a "mood" function which changes the color of people based on their intentions... 😂

In NOA or FSD, the in car visualization SEEMS to think it’s closer to the center line than it actually is. When I’m about 12 inches away from the center line - as I tend to drive myself, the in car visualization seems to think I’ve essentially ON THE LINE (but I would caveat that by saying the tiny car and tiny lines -its hard to judge distances).

I’ve tried looking at distances in the side MIRRORS - of course that isn’t cameras. I’ll try and see what THEY are seeing - good tip.
I suggest you turn on your rear cameras (left, center and right looking back)on the display when driving in the center lane NOA and FSD City Beta, to check whether your car is aligned in the center on both cases as its different codes.

Really? We are going to have to wait until we're over 80 to get the updates? I may not even still be driving at that age, dang........
I can't even see 80 in the rear view mirror and got the update. If you don't get it for a while, don't feel bad. My family agrees that it drives at about the competence level off a student out for their 2nd lesson. Very unpredictable, scary and dangerous stuff. It laughably ignores the navigation voice and blazes past exits it was told to take, turns left immediately after the nav lady told it to turn right. Which in itself is funny because 80% of the time the nav lady is wrong and this particular time she was right? The most frustrating part of Tesla's software for me is I learned to keep my eyes on the road and my environment and I miss the warning nag messages (which happen about every 20 seconds), because I wasn't focused on the display screen. Generally I catch the flashing blue display in my peripheral vision and yank the wheel before it disengages and kills autopilot. The nags are significantly worse than they were before the update. After 4 months, I do miss my Kia which was a far better car.

Reactions: bhakan and PACEMD
I can't even see 80 in the rear view mirror and got the update. If you don't get it for a while, don't feel bad. My family agrees that it drives at about the competence level off a student out for their 2nd lesson. Very unpredictable, scary and dangerous stuff. It laughably ignores the navigation voice and blazes past exits it was told to take, turns left immediately after the nav lady told it to turn right. Which in itself is funny because 80% of the time the nav lady is wrong and this particular time she was right? The most frustrating part of Tesla's software for me is I learned to keep my eyes on the road and my environment and I miss the warning nag messages (which happen about every 20 seconds), because I wasn't focused on the display screen. Generally I catch the flashing blue display in my peripheral vision and yank the wheel before it disengages and kills autopilot. The nags are significantly worse than they were before the update. After 4 months, I do miss my Kia which was a far better car.
I think you missed the joke - PACE is somewhat of the comic relief of TMC. :) He was referencing physical age.

I think it's proceeding based on the green light for the next lane over but yeah it's total speculation, maybe it doesn't think the red light applies to its lane because it's hanging so far to the right side rather than being somewhat centered over the lane
Maybe, though this is the first time I've seen this fail out of MANY attempts, so not clear why that would have changed. Also not clear what light it would think would apply if not that one.

Reactions: AndrewZ
He was definitely up to no good - and Tesla's new motivation NN detected it nearly immediately. If you enable the new enhanced visualizations in the settings menu, it now includes a "mood" function which changes the color of people based on their intentions... 😂
That's good to know but I would prefer an animal correlator. You know, like hyena mode to identify real jokers, croc mode for those aggressive or full of sh*t, grizzly mode for those likely to eat you in your sleep, barracuda mode for damn that's ugly, watch the fu*k out, parrot mode for shut the hell up, and blah blah blah mode for everyday driving.....

This is classic. A couple interventions here. First one might have been because of left turning traffic (it was just a slight recalculation of path leading to ridiculous wheel movement), but there was someone next to me turning so not sure where it thought it would go. It’s been doing very well on this turn. First failure in a while. Looks like it would have been fine to ride it out, but that would be silly since I can just drive myself.

Then: Tried to go on a red left turn arrow (visualization showed a brief flash of green, maybe? - yeah, it's true this was a tough one to see, lol), then once the light turned green it dinged at me. Lol. Which one do you believe??? Do they need to do green light detection fusion?

So useful.

I subscribed to your channel!! Now you have 6 subscribers.. come on TMC, let's get him to 10!

We might know if you try enabling it close to the light again!
Yeah maybe. Doubt it is reproducible readily enough to say conclusively.

To me it looked kind of like nothing (no lights) was showing in the lights on the visualization but a bit hard to tell. I tried on a 4k monitor.

I subscribed to your channel!! Now you have 6 subscribers.. come on TMC, let's get him to 10!
Thanks. I’ll have to set all my videos to private soon. Quality content though.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I believe it's related to this new behavior:
  • Enabled creeping for visibility at any intersection where objects might cross ego's path, regardless of presence of traffic controls.

I've had it incorrectly activate for through roads that intersect with "minor" highway on/off ramps that don't have traffic lights.

On the flip side, pretty sure this behavior now results in correct yielding to check for cross traffic at an intersection where the stop sign is placed very far from the stop line up a curve/hill. Previous FSD Beta would zoom right in believing it had right of way (completely ignoring the stop sign).
This "regardless of presence of traffic controls" needs some tuning for sure as it will inconsistently set up creep walls at simple 4-way stops in my neighborhood too.

Also noticed it predicts a T junction it can't see at the top of a hill as a full 4-way intersection until it crests the hill lol. They really need to integrate these predictions better with the available map data. It can't see the actual road anyway but it knows there's an intersection - it might as well predict whatever the map shows instead of blindly assuming every intersection is a regular one until confirmed otherwise

Yeah maybe. Doubt it is reproducible readily enough to say conclusively.

To me it looked kind of like nothing (no lights) was showing in the lights on the visualization but a bit hard to tell. I tried on a 4k monitor.

Thanks. I’ll have to set all my videos to private soon. Quality content though.
I was figuring if I made you a YT sensation, you will be out making videos all the time and won't be able to post on here!