Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had one bad disengagement involving a j-walking pedestrian today. He was standing in the bike lane a couple of steps from traffic flow and facing perpendicular to traffic. He made good eye contact. 10.69.2.4 didn't slow. The blue path acknowledged his presence and displayed a blue arc path around him but FSD reacted a bit late and initiated a slight right turn toward him before making the leftward arc. It had to scare the heck out of him. I disengaged.

10.69.3 release notes sound promising for reduced latency and less indecisiveness. 26% reduced photon to control latency is a start in the right direction.

It's funny the more pure vision changes the more it sounds like a neutered LIDAR especially with a minecraft-looking occupancy network and now peak pixel counts. :)

A bunch of other folks on Twitter are also claiming to be getting it within the last hour, so not just Omar.
Finally, repeater cam display will be in a useful location!

I figured this one would be rolling quick, though did not say anything, since it was just a WAG and really no strong evidence for it. Just seems like a pretty minor release overall (nothing really major and new it seems).

Just cashed in on my third beer (unrelated to FSD this time, more Elon/Twitter related). Went with the Hop Cypher this time, double dry-hopped West Coast IPA. So thirsting for another. Maybe will happen in time for next week! However, this one is going to be suspenseful. This really could be the game-changer 🔥 release. Couldn’t it? Hope springs eternal!
In reality, the only thing that seems to spring eternal is free beer for me.

Seriously, just going to be another incremental improvement, maybe after a point release or two.

Amazing that Elon can work so much overtime to shepherd these releases through the QC process. What a beast.

I'm too afraid to press accelerator when this happens. I usually disengage - because I don't want it to mistake my accelerator push and run the red light. But its very rare ...
There is no danger. Nothing happens quickly with FSD. Just press the brake if it gets ornery! Plenty of time.
Yes, I experience this as well.
Yeah, people here say this is “not actually a problem.” No problems at stop signs or stop lights at all. Pressing the accelerator nearly all the way to the stop sign “completely unnecessary.”

Dumb question: I've been trying (again) for the last 3 months to get into FSD beta. My Model S is running 2022.28.2, and I was just prompted to update to 2022.36.6. Question: if I do this, will I miss out on the opportunity to upgrade to 10.69.3, should there be an influx of new testers?

Since 10.69.3 is 2022.36.15, I *think* it should be fine, but just curious what you all think.
In my 3 years experience of waiting, if you are within weeks of the next release, you are either in the beta queue or not.

Nothing you do will change that.

I did not get the update pushed to me. I hit the software update button in the car this morning and it pushed the update to me. Same trick as before, request it and you will get it.

Downloading it now. Hope it cleans up the turn lane issues.
Is it just going to the software tab and letting it check or is there something else? Trying to remember from dozens of pages earlier in this thread.

Stopped too far from a red light because it thought the railroad crossing stop line was the right stop line. I gently pressed the accelerator to go.
I have an intersection like that on my way to work. It used to get it wrong 100% of the time, now it's probably down to a 10-15% fail rate. Still puzzling why it can get it right most of the time but still get it wrong other times.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
You can if you take a photo of the button with your phone.
How?????

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 8.02.51 AM.png

Last edited: