Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try the
Is it just going to the software tab and letting it check or is there something else? Trying to remember from dozens of pages earlier in this thread.
I went to the software tab and let it check, and in a couple of minutes it started downloading an update! 10.69.2.4, though. :(

I know Elon said they were sticking with 10.69 because "Haha" and he is a manchild, but I wonder if there was something promised in v11 almost a year ago now that's not there yet and that's why they are gunshy to progress towards v11 (or even v10.14).

Try the

I went to the software tab and let it check, and in a couple of minutes it started downloading an update! 10.69.2.4, though. :(

I know Elon said they were sticking with 10.69 because "Haha" and he is a manchild, but I wonder if there was something promised in v11 almost a year ago now that's not there yet and that's why they are gunshy to progress towards v11 (or even v10.14).
I thought the only thing promised for v11 was single stack (NoA and FSD running on the same code instead of different code/logic like it is now).

During AI Day, Elon said he was already running on single stack, and I bet that’ll be the “wide release” for the beta. So I’m expecting it Soon (tm).

My prediction: v11 with single stack release on Christmas

I saw at least one person saying 10.69.2.4 downloaded over LTE for them. Tesla generally reserves that for critical bugs, so maybe they found something worth fixing while the employees validate 10.69.3:

Not that critical it seems - it finally popped up on my car during my morning drive, and demanded wifi. It could be a prerequisite to get to 10.69.3 though, as teslascope or some other similar account noted that the employee car that was getting .3 came from .2.4

Reactions: ironwill96
Not that critical it seems - it finally popped up on my car during my morning drive, and demanded wifi. It could be a prerequisite to get to 10.69.3 though, as teslascope or some other similar account noted that the employee car that was getting .3 came from .2.4

Same, not sure if that guy was mistaken, or if Tesla forces a push over LTE after waiting a certain amount of time.

Can we also talk about how WholeMarsBlog is driving on 10.69.3 without touching the steering wheel? Given there's nothing in the release notes about it, safe to assume he's altered his steering wheel in some way to negate the force-check?

Same, not sure if that guy was mistaken, or if Tesla forces a push over LTE after waiting a certain amount of time.

Can we also talk about how WholeMarsBlog is driving on 10.69.3 without touching the steering wheel? Given there's nothing in the release notes about it, safe to assume he's altered his steering wheel in some way to negate the force-check?
I noticed that also! I wish that means that Tesla has gotten rid of the need to apply constant torque to the wheel, and is instead relying on the cabin camera to ensure a driver is paying attention, but I realize that is WAY too much to ask...

I'm happy(? 😝) to report back that FSD Beta 10.69 is not (yet?) self-aware. It visualized itself as a blue vehicle indicating it was tracking its movements as it (and its reflection) was making a turn:
not self aware.jpg

Technically correct. The million robotaxis were scheduled for 2020.
Depends on which statement you are referring to. A lot of people talk about what he said in the shareholder meeting (or was that AI day ?) where he said there would be a million robotaxi capable Teslas "next year" .... because he expected Tesla to have sold 1 million cars the "next year". He also talked about being able to sleep in the car by "end of next year" in an interview with Cathie Woods. This was in 2019. End of 2019 was supposed to be "feature complete".

So we can take what Elon says as "Bible". Depending on what you want to focus on, you can use any of the internally inconsistent statements ;)

Depends on which statement you are referring to. A lot of people talk about what he said in the shareholder meeting (or was that AI day ?) where he said there would be a million robotaxi capable Teslas "next year" .... because he expected Tesla to have sold 1 million cars the "next year". He also talked about being able to sleep in the car by "end of next year" in an interview with Cathie Woods. This was in 2019. End of 2019 was supposed to be "feature complete".

So we can take what Elon says as "Bible". Depending on what you want to focus on, you can use any of the internally inconsistent statements ;)
"by the middle of next year we'll have over a million Tesla cars on the road with full self-driving hardware feature complete at a reliability level that we would consider that no one needs to pay attention, meaning you could go to sleep in your from our standpoint. If you fast forward a year, maybe a year and three months but next year for sure we will have over a million robotaxis on the road. The fleet wakes up with an over-the-air update that's all it takes."