Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a serious question - what will the merge bring on top of what AP does already on the highways?

I'm one of those who are already quite impressed on how it handles highway despite it being (apparently ?) 4 year old code?

May be some real life examples?
Goodness, where to begin?
  • Stop diving into exit lanes
  • Merge before the entrance lane ends and has been empty since you got on
  • Change back to slow lane post pass
  • Move into lane #3 if not exiting
  • Get into the correct lane, especially when your exit is 1/8 mile ahead
  • Detect and respond to very fast moving cars
  • Take the correct exit based on routing
  • Reduce the speed limit once exited
  • Adjust speed correctly based on traffic and weather
  • Honor follow distances, 1 through 7 (does work on AP today but not FSD which is replacing it)
  • Fix the "too nice" approach for merging traffic causing unnatural slowdown
  • Pothole/obstruction detection
That's just off the top. I'm sure there's more if we thought about it. There are a ton of bugs to fix before the "beta" label comes off. It's not nearly ready for mass prime time GA.

Reactions: JohnB007
  • Honor follow distances, 1 through 7 (does work on AP today but not FSD which is replacing it)
That's just off the top. I'm sure there's more if we thought about it. There are a ton of bugs to fix before the "beta" label comes off. It's not nearly ready for mass prime time GA.
Oh my God, everything that was wrong w FSD beta.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and KArnold
Take less than five seconds from the time the car activates the turn signal to the time it actually changes lanes.

It's on the .40 branch... finally we will start to get the new features like air conditioning and windshield wipers... testers will get the sarcasm 🙄
I am reposting this here from another thread since it's true and well overdue 👏
I was responding to us fsd peeps finally getting some of the goodies everyone else has had forever

Moderator Note: A bunch of off-topic posts moved to random chitchat.

There are multiple moderators at TMC and while we are all trying to enforce the Forum Rules, we can also have slightly different interpretations, just the way judges can interpret things differently. Personally, I find the words "troll" or "fanboy" to be ad hominem fallacies and I try to move them away whenever I see them. The problem is that this forum is large and busy and there are relatively few of us to clean things up, so sometimes they get by, sometimes they don't. Intent can matter, member post history can as well, etc. There are factors that go into each move.

Knowing the moderation staff, I do believe that everyone has the absolute best intentions. We wouldn't volunteer our time here if we didn't want this place to be a smooth, cooperative place for discussion. I think if you disagree with a moderator's choices, that's fine, because most on the receiving end do. But to publicly poke fun of their good intentions in a thread is, well, not a good look, and doesn't appear to have any gratitude for what they are at least trying to do. That's my opinion. I know @Krash is much more laid back about this kind of thing, so I'm not speaking for him. Just speaking as a human being watching someone try to be thoughtful and being mocked for it.

On to your regularly scheduled FSD Beta 10.69 discussion...

This curb has been hit in the past though it is not as common as some examples we have seen (and the video example I think was a way worse hit than normal).
View attachment 872167

I think this should be reported to the FSD Beta team along with the video, via email. They won’t be able to pull the data presumably (maybe they can - depends on how/when they capture telemetry - seems like it would have been easy for them to tell the vehicle hit a curb and automatically save it, and they should be detecting this sort of thing automatically), but they can simulate this case and figure out whether there is a way to improve perception or increase caution when cameras are blinded. Seems like the right decision given the uncertainty is to disengage FSD assistance and return complete control to the driver.

While obviously avoidable with both hands on wheel and with early intervention, it is still something that should not happen (though of course this is not surprising at all that it did happen - this behavior is very common).
Kerbs/curbs should be painted in yellow for better visibility

Did anybody notice here? Maybe Tesla is getting more strict?
Maybe related to the release notes.

I assumed youtubers might receive v11 with struct instructions to not publish/release any drive videos or hint about performance but maybe TSLA is taking this one more seriously. Maybe TSLA released it a bit early for the 11's PR but know it's not ready for prime time and want no other public info for now. It's a good reminder - TWTR is not out of reach from TSLA's tentacles.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Back to 69 (69.2.4)
A couple of FSD Beta goofs one right other the other this morning in super light traffic. Also poor quality iPhone recording. Too lazy to pull the SSD.

Here is a left turn from the outer lane. It started out going towards the outside lane but then decided since there was a LARGE truck it would be a good idea to cut into the inner lane.

Left Repeater camera

Playing chicken with another Tesla. What is it doing? It is bad enough that when there is no car in the lane it drives on the wrong side of the yellow line for a few seconds before correcting BUT if there is a care there it can’t drive in the wrong lane without a head on. If I didn’t intervene of the 3 possible choices what would it have done?

This is a serious question - what will the merge bring on top of what AP does already on the highways?

I'm one of those who are already quite impressed on how it handles highway despite it being (apparently ?) 4 year old code?

May be some real life examples?

While just moving to a single stack will not solve any of the problems listed above ... having a single architecture makes it easier to maintain code and potentially easier to solve the problems.

Better yet, to do lane change only on command with left and right signal.
That’s how I have NoA setup right now, but I think I’d want auto-lane changes on highways if the Beta was better about understanding what it was seeing.

Like if a car is driving 10+ mph faster than me in the next lane, I don’t want to get in front of them.

Or if my lane and the next lane are both going slow, don’t bother changing lanes.