Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's bizarre so many of us are still on 10.69.2.4, but it's another night of brand new testers getting enrolled and getting sent 10.69.3.1 🤔
This looks like to be related to risk management. Tesla wants to introduce new drivers of FSD Beta to the city driving first, where speeds are lower. Therefore new drivers get V10.69.3.1 first before they are a few weeks later upgraded to V11/FSD-beta-on-highways which might have a few bugs at the beginning, considering the introduction of a lot of new functionality.

During V11/FSD-beta-on-highways on Autopilot, the speeds are higher and accidents can be more serious. Therefore they probably will to roll out it to the safest FSD beta drivers first (the ones which for now are waiting).

Now since the goal is to widen beta by the end of the year, they safe time by upgrading the way they decided to (more upgrades in parallel from different Versions to different Versions).

Mashing the button didn't prompt a download for me this morning...usually once it has been released to this many people, mashing the button would prompt a download for me within a minute or two.
Same. This morning mine said I was up to date as of yesterday at 10:11am which is when I last checked. I’m guessing it won’t bother checking if it just recently checked. I’ll try again around lunch time to see if it’s a 24 hour thing.

So apparently you need to be a Youtuber/shill to get a snapshot button now? It shows up for the YouTuber crowd like Chuck on 10.69.3.1, but for the rest of us it's hidden now.
I was in the 2nd round of FSDBeta entrants. Lost the snapshot button after last nights update. They must have gotten tired of my constant snapshots of the SAME error / problem FSD Beta has every day of my commute. I guess the are planning on making me disengage / reengage on a daily basis and don't care :rolleyes:

I also received the 2022.36.20/FSDb push overnight! This will be my first experience with FSDb, and I'm excited to see how it performs here on my well-marked and wide Nebraska roads! It's been roughly 5 months since I opted into FSDb, and my Safety Score was 98.

I'm REALLY happy to not have to maintain that high score any more, although to be honest, it did make me a safer driver overall. It was just annoying to never want to touch the brakes for fear of dropping my score. Actually, less safe in those scenarios!

10.69.3.1 software - this morning FSD was having trouble changing lanes on local roads (not on NoA) due to what I believe is dried road salt residue. I think it's making it harder to distinguish lane lines from pavement, due to less contrast between the two. The pavement is now more grayish.

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
Just got Beta this AM. After a glitch kicked off my safety score (10 months of 99) this weekend and I had to opt back in and drive 100 AP miles yesterday, got 36.20 today. Finally.

I just gave up on the safety score. I drove like normal and my score was around 90. I got FSDb like a month ago, although I bought FSD in 2019 and my car is a radar car. Shows how arbitrary some of this software update stuff is.

Same here. I gave up on it as well and hovered around 93.

I have a 12/2016 S75D and had the cameras replaced Dec 2021. No beta...no beta...and then 2 weeks ago the safety score section in the app said I was unable to get beta. Why? It says because my cameras weren't up to date. Another front camera replacement as they supposedly changed the requirement (according to service tech) and now I got beta yesterday morning.

What an incredible jump from NOA. Lots of edge cases, creeping at stop signs, etc, but can truly see promise in this!