Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First drive down to a grocery store and back: overall very good.

Some notes:
  • Not enough use of regen braking. Why does FSD hate one of the car's nicest features?
  • Several times, the car flicked on turn signals in wide single lanes.
  • Finally got to experience the "bias to the right side of a lane, when I want to go straight or turn left at an intersection" issue. One of the few remaining clearly non-human things about FSD.
  • Was approaching a stoplight turning left (nobody behind me) when it turned from yellow to red. Car did not stop but coasted about 1/2 a length into the intersection. Should have braked a bit harder to come to a stop before/at the line.
  • Tried to activate in a busy parking lot, but immediately turned it off. :) 3 seconds was all I needed to validate.
  • There's an usual left turn into my housing development (lots of double yellow line sets demarcating 3 lanes in a median) which FSD completely flubbed. Unsurprising, as all the kids learning how to drive flub this, too.
  • At a 3-way stop when it was my turn, impressively started proceeding while the car before me was still in intersection (great!) but after a second, slowed WAAAY down and I had to apply pedal pressure to get it to complete the movement through the intersection. Odd swing in confidence, all in a 2 second window...

I often used NoA on these streets, and this seemed a lot more refined, overall.

You should probably pay more attention while driving lol
Since you don’t have FSD Beta, I guess you’re not familiar with the various situations:

1) Very low confidence, panic (several times)
2) System crash (several times).
3) Construction zones can cause instant panic even with torque on wheel. (Similar to 1 but more specific)

None of these situations have had anything to do with attention. (For those situations I assume you would get a strike!)

Some of these could have just been the stern little red hands, I don’t really remember, but certainly there have been multiple instances of the blaring red wheel. And not just for exceeding the speed limit.

Since you don’t have FSD Beta, I guess you’re not familiar with the various situations:

1) Very low confidence, panic (several times)
2) System crash (several times).
3) Construction zones can cause instant panic even with torque on wheel. (Similar to 1 but more specific)

None of these situations have had anything to do with attention. (For those situations I assume you would get a strike!)

Some of these could have just been the stern little red hands, I don’t really remember, but certainly there have been multiple instances of the blaring red wheel. And not just for exceeding the speed limit.
I have not used FSD Beta yet. I subscribed for a month, opt'd in but never actually got it. Sounds like the system requires a lot of nannying or else it'll disengage itself and require you to take over. As long as it doesn't apply strikes in those scenario's then it's fine.

I do sometimes get the blaring red wheel on regular AP. I guess it'll lose visibility of the lane lines or something and tell me to take over immediately while making me deaf in the process.

I just rebooted, and 2022.20.19 started downloading.
For those of you suffering from FOMO, @Crew Dragon may have a point. Checked via the car - nothing. Rebooted using the 2-finger salute and checked again - now downloading 2022.36.20, aka 10.69.3.1. Previous was 2022.20.19.

Perhaps coincidence and of course YMMV. Your welcome.

For those of you suffering from FOMO, @Crew Dragon may have a point. Checked via the car - nothing. Rebooted using the 2-finger salute and checked again - now downloading 2022.36.20, aka 10.69.3.1. Previous was 2022.20.19.

Perhaps coincidence and of course YMMV. Your welcome.
Totally anecdotal, but there are reports of Teslas dropping off WiFi for some reason, and a reboot gets them back online.

checked again - now downloading 2022.36.20, aka 10.69.3.1
I believe Tesla update notifications can be configured to be push or pull. Meaning Tesla decides whether to proactively notify vehicles there's an update vs requiring the vehicles' Software screen to be opened. This can be changed at any point during a rollout that might have been pushed for a percentage then switched to pull after some time.

Opening the Software screen just now resulted in "checking" for about a minute before it said to connect to WiFi to download 2022.36.20. (Didn't require scroll wheel restart.)

I don't see a significant increase from the 40% rollout on either TeslaFi nor Teslascope -- maybe 5%. There is a slightly higher number since the last batch maybe from Tesla switching to "pull" and people manually checking.

Previous FSD Beta updates have had this behavior and previous versions had WiFi issues requiring a 2-scrollwheel restart, so I would suggest people still waiting to try.

Might need to wait up to two hours to pass 50% for this update it seems.
weird - I'm at work, so I just popped out to my car to hotspot update. I wonder if its just doing checksum checks and decompressing or if it actually needs to download more past 50%. I went back into work and the app still shows downloading even though the hotspot is now out of range.