Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine took a while at 50% as well. My router says it was doing some heavy uploading at that time. 🤔 It also took a bit over an hour to do the install.

Now that I’m finally on 2022.36.20, having the camera where I want it is wild! My left blind spot camera actually stopped working earlier today, and a soft reboot didn’t fix it. I was going to do a hard reboot, but figured the software update would take care of that for me anyway. It’s working again after that thankfully.

So far driving seems fine—no noticeable difference.

One thing I don’t remember seeing before is the vector space 360 view still working while I was backing into a space in reverse. I wonder if that’s in preparation for the parking lot stack or for replacing the USSs.
Check your fender cam (blind spot cam) that’s acting up for moisture in the blinker part of the cam. I had a passenger side cam fail due to moisture inclusion into the camera part of the housing. Rebooting would help sometimes, but it got so bad, I bought a cam off eBay and fixed it myself while I waited for my mobile service appointment. See attached, my driver side cam now has moisture in the blinker part of the camera housing, it could cause issues with the actual camera:

Attachments

• E9A505FA-BF52-41E5-B91B-0B58B94ECC42.jpeg
    E9A505FA-BF52-41E5-B91B-0B58B94ECC42.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 65
10% installed now. Not that it matters - not going anywhere till tomorrow.

I hate driving at night, in the rain (which we finally have after a record braking 14 day dry spell).
You mentioned alternate routes earlier. I was excited about this too, until I reviewed the alternate routes…they were not what I would have expected. My wife’s older VW shows more sensible alternate routes on her nav.

Right, I have only one strike but from precisely that. Flashing blue screen which I didn't notice soon enough, for whatever reason. I'll blame it on glare, from that bright yellow thing in the sky. In recent times that blue flash seems to me to be more subtle, easier to miss initially, or maybe I just need an eye exam.
You are pretty ancient, I would recommend the eye exam

Reactions: PACEMD
I just did a short drive at night on 69.3.1. So far, I think the vehicle visualizations are more sloppy (cars dancing around, driving onto nondrivable space). The driving performance is definitely smoother in many cases, but the car is also too aggressive with creeping. It's difficult for me to trust that the car is waiting vs committing at the wrong time.

Check your fender cam (blind spot cam) that’s acting up for moisture in the blinker part of the cam. I had a passenger side cam fail due to moisture inclusion into the camera part of the housing. Rebooting would help sometimes, but it got so bad, I bought a cam off eBay and fixed it myself while I waited for my mobile service appointment. See attached, my driver side cam now has moisture in the blinker part of the camera housing, it could cause issues with the actual camera:

I too have had one replaced. They couldn’t match the cover to my 2020 as embossed chrome was no longer available. So my left and right don’t match.

Seems like the other one might be going soon as well.

Reactions: DarkForest
10% installed now. Not that it matters - not going anywhere till tomorrow.

I hate driving at night, in the rain (which we finally have after a record braking 14 day dry spell).

I prefer testing the latest betas in the middle of the night with little to no one else on the road. I get a better sense of what to expect during busy times.

The rain doesn’t bother me so much either. But it does depend on how heavy and what not.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Does anyone have experience using a steering wheel weight with 36.20? Any feedback? Forced disengagement?
The only weights in this thread are the heavyweights like @EVNow and @AlanSubie4Life .

You are crazy as a bat to even think of using a cheat device with beta.

Wrong thread my friend, stuff like that could get someone like you hurt or killed.

Or even worse, it could hurt our most friendly and loving members, @Ramphex or @PACEMD .

Want to get beta outlawed?... keep thinking about those weights

You mentioned alternate routes earlier. I was excited about this too, until I reviewed the alternate routes…they were not what I would have expected. My wife’s older VW shows more sensible alternate routes on her nav.
Yes, I’m prepared to be disappointed. Remember how we were all excited about waypoints?

BTW, 69.3 installed in about 30 minutes.