Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping the turn-right to turn-left logic from Chuck's UPL median landing was gone but had one episode last night during a left hand turn into the neighborhood. OF course it rears its ugly head on left turns.

Also, turn signal initiation is slightly improved but still implemented a bit late.

Was this update meant to improve anything other than the graphics? Still running the same stop signs I’ve report several times over the past 6 months. Still phantom signaling. Also, who tf stole my “video record/autopilot snapshot” button? It’s listed in the release notes to press it still, yet I no longer see it. How do I send a snapshot now?
I agree, this was a two steps back especially on hills it literally moved me to the other lane on a two lane road at the crest of the hill. And did the same on the return with a car oncoming. And no snapshot camera to report back.

It finally finished the install after nearly 24 hours of multiple stalls at 30, 50 and 60 percent with hours of being stuck each time and numerous reboots in between. There was also at least one time after a reboot where it said I had no updates available. The app and car were often out of sych numerous times which hasn’t been common prior for me. Along the cat the car also gave messages I’d never seen before about updating electronic components I don’t recall ever seeing before; perhaps something related to all the software recalls I’ve the past few weeks. Interesting I also received notification that the rear camera cable fix and CSS combo post need to be done by service as well.

Lots of problems and wired stuff with this latest update. Related or not.
Mine did the same on the stalling and a scarier driving experience to say the least. I’m still shaking!

For those stuck at 50%, call Tesla customer service.

I don't have FSD but one of my my updates (2022.36.x) was stuck at 48% for 3 days. I called Tesla and they were able to restart the download remotely.
I couldn’t get through to Tesla service. But the following worked after Restarting computer (hold both scroll wheels on the steering) and Shutting down computer from Security page didn’t help. So I felt bold to enter the Service Mode, Reinstalled software, and started download again. It worked!!

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
First drive on 69.3.1 was mixed.
  • Lost my "home" setting so car was locked in my garage. Just had to re-establish "home" in navigation screen.
  • Hard phantom breaking to zero as I pass two highway off ramps that enter the road I'm on still exits. Never happened until .69 builds
  • Continues to stop at a Stop sign that is 30 feet from the intersection. Didn't creep this time just started to zoom into the intersection without looking.
  • Several unexpected swerves toward curbs on turns. Used to disengage on this type of behavior but now I let it go and FSD does correct it. I suspect anyone behind me wonders what my problem is.
  • Blinkers go on when they shouldn't but that has become standard behavior.
  • Large roundabout I use daily. No change still slows down to 2 mph. If anyone is behind me I always use the accelerator.
  • A few smoother turns
I've never had a first drive where I thought Wow, lots of improvements so why should Elon's "major upgrade" be any different. So will see how FSD does in a week.

Last edited:
First drive on 69.3.1 was mixed.
  • Lost my "home" setting so car was locked in my garage. Just had to re-establish "home" in navigation screen.
  • Hard phantom breaking to zero as I pass two highway off ramps that enter the road I'm on still exits. Never happened until .69 builds
  • Continues to stop at a Stop sign that is 30 feet from the intersection. Didn't creep this time just started to zoom into the intersection without looking.
  • Several unexpected swerves toward curbs on turns. Used to disengage on this type of behavior but now I let it go and FSD does correct it. I suspect anyone behind me wonders what my problem is.
  • Blinkers go on when they shouldn't but that has become standard behavior.
  • Large roundabout I use daily. No change still slows down to 2 mph. If anyone is behind me I always use the accelerator.
  • A few smoother turns
I've never had a first drive where I thought Wow, lots of improvements so why should Elon's "major upgrade" be any different. So will see how FSD does in a week.
this where I stop checking the car every few hours and instead hope that I'm right at the end of this rollout.

similar weird experiences. Updated from 69.2.4 to 69.3.1, and somehow FSD wasn't enabled. In autopilot settings it says to request it and that I'm in the queue, which is weird since I've been using it since 10.8 last christmas... So I went to the software tab just to confirm I'm on 69.3.1 and I am, but it started downloading 2022.40.4.1... I was curious so I just let it continue, but after 50% or somewhere around there it stopped downloading. My app never told me I had an update or anything, and my app also doesn't say anything about safety score or fsd queue.

this where I stop checking the car every few hours and instead hope that I'm right at the end of this rollout.
If the pattern holds from previous versions, we want the .2 version. The .0 version is hella rough. The .1 version starts the refinement but still rough around the edges. I have no problem with jumping into the .2 version.

similar weird experiences. Updated from 69.2.4 to 69.3.1, and somehow FSD wasn't enabled. In autopilot settings it says to request it and that I'm in the queue, which is weird since I've been using it since 10.8 last christmas... So I went to the software tab just to confirm I'm on 69.3.1 and I am, but it started downloading 2022.40.4.1... I was curious so I just let it continue, but after 50% or somewhere around there it stopped downloading. My app never told me I had an update or anything, and my app also doesn't say anything about safety score or fsd queue.
Did you have any strikes? Seems like you've been removed from the beta, and placed on the general code branch.

Did you have any strikes? Seems like you've been removed from the beta, and placed on the general code branch.
No strikes, didn't request to be removed, was using it pretty regularly. Fwiw the 2022.40.4.1 download stopped and then just went away and it says I'm up to date as of (now) on software screen. For fun I went to service mode and reinstalled software, which reinstalled 36.20 successfully, but otherwise no change (still says software up to date, still has button to request full self driving beta)

Yeah, my left and right hands.
Well, FWIW, the only time I've seen it disengage with a large red wheel, zero warnings prior, and AP disabled for the rest of the drive is with the introduction of 36.X and some code that appears to be wheel weight detection.

Here's a thread I made about it:

If you don't have a wheel weight, then it could be a false positive based on how you drive. Here's an individual who was getting false positive:

Just checked software in the car, and it then began downloading 2022.36.20. Currently on 2022.20.19. Paused at 50% like many others. Will let it contemplate the update overnight.
It was ready to install this morning, but the app showed "Preparing to install" for a long while after the 2 minute countdown. Finished the installation in less than an hour though.

You guys will get AP/FSD banned by NHTSA for all of us ...
I don't think it will be banned by regulators for the simple fact that Tesla is doing what's reasonably necessary to ensure a safe driving experience. If drivers circumvent those safety features, it's on them, but regulators will investigate and confirm those facts. There have been several reports of Tesla crashes on AP that regulators have concluded it's the driver's fault because they circumvented or ignored safety warnings/systems from Tesla.

What this WILL do is cause negative press about AP/FSD with articles about Tesla crashes using ADAS, likely with the fact that a safety circumvention device was used buried deep in the article if ever mentioned at all.