Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest build is more relaxing and confident b ur I would say more aggressive. If that makes sense.

In other words prior builds were less predictable, to me.

Latest build is more consistent and predictable but more aggressive.
Wide swings in turns causing oncoming traffic to veer away and serious wheel rash risk makes this a very white knuckled unpleasant experience. I could go on, but won’t.

Wide swings in turns causing oncoming traffic to veer away and serious wheel rash risk makes this a very white knuckled unpleasant experience. I could go on, but won’t.

Not my experience so far. Turns have been smooth and less jerky. No wider than previous builds. Closer than I would personally make to parked or oncoming cars but in the same range as before. I’ve actually seen it go over the lane markings in residential areas to avoid parked cars; where before it tried to stay between the line and the parked car to an uncomfortable level. Speed is up yes; but not what I would call white knuckling. Adjusting autopilot settings to something more conservative might be less intimating. It’s within my comfort range.

Not my experience so far. Turns have been smooth and less jerky. No wider than previous builds. Closer than I would personally make to parked or oncoming cars but in the same range as before. I’ve actually seen it go over the lane markings in residential areas to avoid parked cars; where before it tried to stay between the line and the parked car to an uncomfortable level. Speed is up yes; but not what I would call white knuckling. Adjusting autopilot settings to something more conservative might be less intimating. It’s within my comfort range.
I agree that the wide turns, causing oncoming traffic to react, is smoother. But, it’s a white knuckled experience, so crap.
I can’t count the number of times my wheels came close to curbing, had I not jerked the wheel back, so crap and white knuckles applies here as well.

I agree that the wide turns, causing oncoming traffic to react, is smoother. But, it’s a white knuckled experience, so crap.
I can’t count the number of times my wheels came close to curbing, had I not jerked the wheel back, so crap and white knuckles applies here as well.

Interesting as I haven’t had any experience with wheeling curbing or the fear of curbing causing me to feel the need to disengage. All drives so far on current build, while still far from perfect, have been zero (necessary) disengagement. Only when I want the car to take a different route or the like, not due to safety issues.

But lots of variables. Car, area, weather, time of day, etc.

Honestly I haven’t had issues with concerns of curbing on beta, or at least for some time.

That said I hear this from others.

I’m well aware there are many different types of curbs throughout the US or even in the same city and bet may be handing these different curbs differently. Not something I’ve seen tested this far in the numerous beta videos.

Reactions: jebinc and Yelobird
Early on I was spooked by how it got much closer to curbs than I would. Eventually, I noticed that sometimes it would have the blinker on, and I could see the curb clearance in the pop-up side view video: 18 inches plus of clearance every time. Of course seeing that required glancing at the display while FSD swerved unnervervingly close to curbs, an exercise in trusting the machine, which took a while for me to try.

I do hope that after they get it working safely, they will back it off a bit and have it work more comfortably. Safety is essential for survival, comfort is essential for market acceptance.

I think, given how few folks are still on TeslaFi Safety Score Tracking, that most who have requested FSD beta will soon have the beta. So "wide release" to these folks appears to be underway. Release to everyone who has paid for FSB but not requested beta is a different kettle of fish. For that, I hope they get the comfort better.

Non FSD Beta autopilot will engage on city streets and obey stop signs and lights. Beta will make turns. So if FSD rolls out beyond those who request Beta, there may be some surprises when their cars start making turns... It's been a while since I tried non-FSD autopilot on city streets, so I can't be certain of all the differences. But they'd certainly be s surprise to folks not paying attention to the updates...

SW

Pretty sure this is wide release.
Definitely not wide release! That would be release to everyone! Isn’t it a factor of 10 difference or something (no idea)?

And I assume not everyone who requests it will get it (Elon says this but I think this is not the case, right, if you are on .40 or whatever? I guess we will see…).

This is just changing minimum safety score allowed to the minimum. So not really a big expansion (no idea how large, though significantly further attritted by many people being on .40)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Definitely not wide release! That would be release to everyone! Isn’t it a factor of 10 difference or something (no idea)?

And I assume not everyone who requests it will get it (Elon says this but I think this is not the case, right, if you are on .40 or whatever? I guess we will see…).

This is just changing minimum safety score allowed to the minimum. So not really a big expansion (no idea how large, though significantly further attritted by many people being on .40)

You
are
reading
between
the
lines

Does anyone know or have a support email? Yesterday I was upgraded from 69.2.4 to 69.3.1 and lost FSD somehow (no strikes or anything indicating I'd lose access), it just had the button to opt in despite being on 2022.36.20 already. I pressed the button to opt in just thinking maybe it'd catch up, then today this news hit so I figured it would definitely be enabled now, but still nothing but a button to opt-in (or now opt-out). I've tried rebooting, service menu reinstall software, but nothing has worked. Not sure how I can convince the car already on FSD firmware that I am FSD eligible.

Does anyone know or have a support email? Yesterday I was upgraded from 69.2.4 to 69.3.1 and lost FSD somehow (no strikes or anything indicating I'd lose access), it just had the button to opt in despite being on 2022.36.20 already. I pressed the button to opt in just thinking maybe it'd catch up, then today this news hit so I figured it would definitely be enabled now, but still nothing but a button to opt-in (or now opt-out). I've tried rebooting, service menu reinstall software, but nothing has worked. Not sure how I can convince the car already on FSD firmware that I am FSD eligible.
[email protected]