Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And before V11 comes out there will be another update leaving us one stack ahead of FSD. Never ending cycle.

I think 10.69.3.1 will be the last FSD Beta version on a different branch from the main branch. Now that FSD Beta is available without a safety store, from now on it will be just like other FSD features: available in the code, but locked behind a feature flag.

Agreed, I was leaving a pre Thanksgiving party last night after having a couple adult beverages. Someone asked in front of some others if I had too much to drink. I jokingly replied, can't speak for me, but my MS doesn't drink.
They all looked confused, so I put 4 in the car and showed them fsd.
One said he understood my joke after the short no disengagement drive.
I did used fsd coincidentally for the drive home. No interventions or disengagements.
Happy Thanksgiving all !
Even to you @PACEMD and @Ramphex !!
So you admit to drinking to the point where someone asked you if you've had too much to drink, then you drive home using FSD........not a responsible thing to do.......and Im speaking as someone who had lost a sibling to a drunk driver.

I'm finding that 69.3.1 works better than prior versions when traffic is light, and it can see the lanes and markings. But if there are lots of cars on the road, it's more difficult for it to figure out where it is and where it needs to be.

I do find there are a couple of improvements with 69.3.1, but when there's moderate to heavy traffic, it falters.

I had by far best drive on my commute route today. I didn't even have my hands on the wheel, just drove relatively comfortably all the way home, no interventions.

I could be wrong as usual, but to stop the nags by applying pressure, it seems with this release you have to push or turn the wheel/yoke more than previously..
The latest couple of updates are super sensitive to holding a phone up and recording video. Brings up pay attention nag pretty quick even with a solid grip and jiggling the steering wheel. Properly done IMO. Does specifically say no cell use. Very latest update is also a completely different driver than the last 2.4. A bit more aggressive. Still won’t turn into my street but will enter parking lots and exit them. Solid improvements. & wide screen FSD visuals, awesome

Last edited:
10.69.3.1 - finally got it on Late 2016 Model S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upgraded to MCU 2 at my expense, but otherwise got the AP/HW 2.0->3.0 and FSD Cameras upgraded for free. Overall very impressed and some 5.5 years later finally got the FSD we paid for! I am enjoying it. I do feel 10.69.3.1 is improved over the previous version which I had already had the chance to experience on the Model 3.

Is it perfect? NO it's definitely still a beta - but it is a lot of fun and fairly good - but keep your eyes open esp on left turns!

Last edited:
I think the dispute is that not ALL people who requested beta, got beta. Speculations are it’s due to being on a newer production build than the beta is.
Pretty sure someone else mentioned there is a Tesla app where you can request firmware fixes and they do it rather quickly actually. I had a firmware hang on 8% on my app but the car showed the update wasn’t available. Request software update on the app and they fix it

Reactions: FSDtester#1
It’s not ready at all for a wide release. There is going to be a wreck and then the government will shut it down. This was an awful mistake. It shouldn’t go wide until it is good enough that you can take your hands off the wheel. Period. Also this sucks because it shows that they are essentially giving up. Yes of course there will be more updates but I don’t think they even think they can achieve level 3 anymore, much less level 5.

I hate to say this, but FSD will go down as a massive failure by Tesla. Maybe one of the greatest failures of any business ever.

I wanted them to succeed so badly but this is what it looks like we will get. Oh well. What a waste of 12 grand.

The question is it better for a poor driver to beta since it might do better even with its flaws than the poor driver.

So you admit to drinking to the point where someone asked you if you've had too much to drink, then you drive home using FSD........not a responsible thing to do.......and Im speaking as someone who had lost a sibling to a drunk driver.
I am sorry about your loss. The person that asked me if I had drank too much was really intoxicated. To clarify, I was not. I had 3 drinks over 4 hours and he thought I was pounding drinks like he was. The house I was at belongs to a deputy sheriff. He, before getting in my car for the fsd demonstration gave me a breathalyzer to ease the others concerns. I blew a .02, which meant I had less than 1/2 of a beer in my system at the point I showed them fsd beta. .08 is the limit in my state for a dui. He and the others including myself knew I was fine to drive. I am sorry I made it sound like a joke. I should of clarified the entire story. I don't, and never will condone drinking and driving. I also have lost many friends growing up to people who don't know when to call a taxi. Right now you have to be super vigilant using beta, and I or anyone else would have to be stupid to use it under the influence. Hopefully one day when it's level 4 or 5 none of us will have to worry about drunk driving. For now, you have my sympathy for your loss. Sorry for not explaining further earlier.

Drove from (intercity) ATL to a small town near Savannah. Used Beta from leaving and only disengaged when pulling into a Supercharger (Dublin, GA). Of course by far most driving was on AP Stack but Beta still worked when on the Stack. After lunch and talking up how well Beta drove I took some family members for a short test drive in a small town. It flubbed, weaved into the other lanes, high jerk, tried to left turn into a car and even panic stopped (after already past) for pedestrians clearly not walking into the path of the car. Was an embarrassing show and all they did was (legitimately) laugh and joke about how bad it was. Of course after I left it decided to drive near flawlessly.

Instead of having my hand on the wheel, constantly ready to take over, I dropped my hands into my lap and reverted to nudging the wheel when I got the flashing blue warning. As soon as I did that, I was a passenger instead of a driver. I just trusted that the car would handle things
Complacency kills. As long as the developers of the system warn that it can do "the wrong thing at the worst time", the behavior and attitude you described is extremely irresponsible. Don't become a statistic irrational regulators could use to shut down the biggest potential improvement in road safety since seat belts.