Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD has been a decent experience in Toronto. But I am starting to see the limitation of a visual only for lane selection.

The problem lies in medium and high traffic where lane markings or lanes are blocked. When this occurred, the bad lane selection just become worst. Unlike a human, it doesn’t has a memory of what was the last appropriate thing it should do.

Reactions: 2101Guy
FSD has been a decent experience in Toronto. But I am starting to see the limitation of a visual only for lane selection.

The problem lies in medium and high traffic where lane markings or lanes are blocked. When this occurred, the bad lane selection just become worst. Unlike a human, it doesn’t has a memory of what was the last appropriate thing it should do.
FSD doesn't just use visual lane selection. To the extent FSD uses a combination of mapping and visual lane selection is not clearly understood unless you're a Tesla FSD developer,

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Sorry to disagree with your first point. I oped out in October last year and just got back in, after more than a year hiatus. Sure, it is smoother, but not a large step function change from last year. Lest us not kid ourselves; this is still a struggling mightily L2- system.
69 is definitely a step improvement over the first version we got. Now more than 50% of my drives are zero disengagement- I barely had any in the first version.

I should note 69.2 had better disengagement rate for me than 69.3. But early days … we’ll see how it does in the next few weeks.

If they manage to navigate around simple roundabouts smoothly, my zero disengagement drives will go to over 90%.

Indeed, I tried activating FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 on a divided highway at 60mph, and spouse immediately noticed on the first curve as it couldn't smoothly maintain its speed needing multiple jerky adjustments. Once we got to the interstate with 70mph speed limit, the same types of curves were handled fine by NoA.
Interesting - I use FSDb on a highway at 60/65 mph regularly. It’s quite smooth with no issues. But one difference is it’s just a part of the longer FSDb drive with rest of the way being slower.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
CCEB6CD5-BF58-40E9-9066-4CAD20421616.png

It sees the shopping cart

Was following @AlanSubie4Life yesterday. With the random turn signals, random high beams, and random swerving I’m surprised you all aren’t getting pulled over for DUI. 😂
I’ll post the video at some point. The massive swerving is a pleasant new development on wide unmarked streets. It is just as well they did not do wide release!!! This was all pre-beer. However, definitely not the ideal development for using FSD Beta after a single beer. (Normally a single beer takes the edge off, and thus allows for a perfect machine-human interface, but this new development is unacceptable.)

Now more than 50% of my drives are zero disengagement- I barely had any in the first version.
It’s very unfortunate the Nav was messed up on the way to the brewery last night. I was looking forward to posting a video of one of my zero disengagement drives, followed by @Daniel in SD for documentation purposes - as it is, I needed to disengage twice for navigation purposes. Next week I will set a waypoint to ensure the correct route. It’ll be epic, I promise. Low production value is assured, as usual.

Zero disengagements, zero accelerator application (another reason to have Daniel following me, to act as a safety buffer).

Last edited:
I had a local police car come up behind me yesterday on a road I knew was difficult for FSD. Disengaged right away :)
On the flip side, I've had a cop pull up next to me at a red light and roll down his window and ask "Is your car driving itself?" "Yup" "That's so cool". Probably because of the stickers I have on the back saying I'm a self-driving test vehicle.

The hunting (swerving) on wide unmarked roads (as mentioned earlier) is a new issue. I have one of these roads near my office, tried it two days in a row, same horrible outcome both times. At least it’s consistent.

On marked rural roads, it’s not giving pedestrians enough room, and doing so a little late. On my way home this afternoon, there was a woman walking a dog (she was on the wrong side of the road), FSD slowed down, but barely moved over. The car behind me moved almost into the other lane to provide enough clearance, a bit too much I’d say. Further on the same road, guy jogging (again, wrong side of the road), I disengaged, didn’t want to scare two people on the same stretch of road.

The hunting (swerving) on wide unmarked roads (as mentioned earlier) is a new issue. I have one of these roads near my office, tried it two days in a row, same horrible outcome both times. At least it’s consistent.

On marked rural roads, it’s not giving pedestrians enough room, and doing so a little late. On my way home this afternoon, there was a woman walking a dog (she was on the wrong side of the road), FSD slowed down, but barely moved over. The car behind me moved almost into the other lane to provide enough clearance, a bit too much I’d say. Further on the same road, guy jogging (again, wrong side of the road), I disengaged, didn’t want to scare two people on the same stretch of road.
In California you’re legally required to walk “on the wrong side of the road” to avoid getting hit by cars running FSD beta.

CA VC 21956
“No pedestrian may walk upon any roadway outside of a business or residence district otherwise than close to his or her left-hand edge of the roadway.”

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life