Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A stunning loss to the FSD testing community. Hopefully it will return.

Are you talking about the brake indicator on the regen/energy bar? If so, i have it on 69.3.1..

As do I. I was watching it earlier today.

So maybe the bar will come back!

Yes I noticed the black part of the bar for friction braking is gone in 10.69.3.1

Just guessing from memory but isn’t there a new setting in the car to enable/disable brake use for added regen?

Turning on “Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited” brings back this key critical feature. We can sleep more easily now.

This differs from prior builds (and also doesn’t make a ton of sense that it would apply to FSD, though makes perfect sense for the stated feature).

I don’t want this feature! But I do want my brake bar.
I think your fixation on the bar is unhealthy.
Fixation satisfied.

Anyway, we are snowed in. So, no FSdb this week ...
What?! You don't like the excitement of FSD Beta approaching a stop too quickly and sliding into the intersection? 😅 I would hope Tesla has a video data collection trigger for these types of events… I did notice 4.7GB of upload after a trip where I needed to reverse out of the intersection when FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 did something silly, but no clue if it was actually related to that disengagement.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
This surprises me. As a captain, it is far more important to see what's ahead of me and to have a consistent alignment between visual and chart contexts of what's off my port and starboard bow. I would have thought (hoped!) my airline pilot was looking at the same thing. For the most part, direction is taken care of by the chartplotter, but I have constant access to a compass to know my heading. Saying you require North-up to know the direction you're going is like saying you can only plot a course on a chart if the chart is turned to be aligned with the boat. :p
Your confusion would be instantly clarified if you could see our moving map display and instruments. :)

Did a highway drive today and FSD reduced speed due to "reduced visibility". First time I've seen this message on a nice day,
Windshield was clean but I cleaned it anyway. Problem resolved. Why didn't FSD clean the window? And since the window was very clean why the message in the first place? Another mystery!

Reactions: Pdubs
Did a highway drive today and FSD reduced speed due to "reduced visibility". First time I've seen this message on a nice day,
Windshield was clean but I cleaned it anyway. Problem resolved. Why didn't FSD clean the window? And since the window was very clean why the message in the first place? Another mystery!
I got that message once when a tiny bug splat hit right in front of the narrow view forward camera. I couldn't even see it from the driver's seat... found it at the end of the drive when I was looking at the windshield for an explanation of said message.

Apparently, the right type of bug splat is interpreted by the car as a reduced visibility situation and not a "the windshield is dirty, I better clean it" situation.

What about rain?
We get the occasional thunderstorm during the summer... very brief periods of light to moderate rain, but other than that we really don't get much precip here.

During season changes, we'll get a few days of gloomy rainy skies. And by "a few" I mean very few.

My little town used to be a well kept secret as an amazing place to live, but someone got on the internet and blabbed; we're now one of the fastest growing cities in the US of A. A few years back, we actually hit number one, but now I think we're in the top five.

We have 8 months of amazing weather, followed by 4 months of intense heat.

Your confusion would be instantly clarified if you could see our moving map display and instruments. :)
I don't remember expressing any confusion - just surprise. I'll pilot my craft the way I see fit and you pilot yours.
Ah, shoot. I should have said "surprise" instead of "confusion." I didn't mean to ruffle any tail feathers. Sorry if that came across as stern/abrupt/insulting/gruff or any of the other things my wife accuses me of being.

Coward.

;)

Full disclosure: I live in the desert. We don't have to shovel sunshine off of our driveways.
LOL. In Seattle area everyone declares a "snow day" as soon as flurries are spotted.

ps :

What?! You don't like the excitement of FSD Beta approaching a stop too quickly and sliding into the intersection? 😅 I would hope Tesla has a video data collection trigger for these types of events… I did notice 4.7GB of upload after a trip where I needed to reverse out of the intersection when FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 did something silly, but no clue if it was actually related to that disengagement.

Just to be clear - I'm not driving either ;)

lol. What about rain?
I would love to know what percentage of drives when it's raining does FSD bail? For me it's probably 60%.
Its been an unusually dry this season. But I have had only one day of FSD(b)ailing and several rainy drives.

More likely to bail in heavy rain at night, ofcourse.

Good thing is I can still use AP that is really useful at night+raining.

Last edited:
What about rain?
I would love to know what percentage of drives when it's raining does FSD bail? For me it's probably 60%.

Would be nice if it rained here. Would spare me the trouble of disengaging FSD myself.

What a pile. 💩

I am still in “excessively negative outlook” mode, I guess. I guess I am tiring of literally and figuratively getting jerked around.

Maybe I should post some strongly narrated videos, to get my frustration out.

Last edited:
Reading a map or finding a point on the map it is 100% North up. Driving I want heading up just like I'm driving.

Fun Fact: What we call the North Pole is technically the South Pole. Same for the South Pole. Reason being is the North arrow on a compass is magnetically attracted to the South Pole (opposites attract) and therefore points in the direction we call north.
Of course, and that's why water drains counterclockwise north of the equator........right? You say tomato I say potato........

• Funny
Would be nice if it rained here. Would spare me the trouble of disengaging FSD myself.

What a pile. 💩

I am still in “excessively negative outlook” mode, I guess. I guess I am tiring of literally and figuratively getting jerked around.

Maybe I should post some strongly narrated videos, to get my frustration out.
It's funny, Alan, you and I used to share the same position on the state of FSDb. But then, due to personal reasons I'm not going to get into (and aren't pertinent to the discussion anyway), I didn't drive my car from April until about eight days ago.

I was surprised/amazed/jaw dropped when I compare my memory of the state of FSDb from April to the software currently installed. Sure, it wanders a lot (and this is a big problem for me as we have a ton of unmarked roads here, as well as extremely wide lanes that only have a center line marking), but as far as overall performance? I used to only use FSDb when I had no passengers in the car, late at night, with very light traffic. Nowadays, I'm using it on every drive, even when the wife is installed.

Having the unique perspective of skipping a bunch of versions really makes it clear how much progress has been made and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I've also personally validated ;) Elon's statement of needing all the input from the fleet to make this possible. You remember how I used to complain about how poorly FSDb performed where I live vs how great it performed in Las Vegas? My town has seen a dramatic increase in the number of Teslas on the road. Correspondingly, I now see very little difference in FSDb performance between my little backwater town vs Las Vegas. Take this paragraph with the largest grain of salt you can imagine, and possibly not just a little tongue-in-cheek.

Honestly, I have no idea what caused this great equalization in geographical FSDb improvement, but the above is fun(?) speculation regardless.

Today, I'm having more fun with FSDb than I did when I initially got the thing. I'm also updating my guess on full-on FSD arrival date: My previous guess was three to five years. I just threw a dart at the board, and it came up one to three years. YMMV. :D

One man's poop is another man's toy. Whodathunkit?

Last edited: