Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi 10.69,

Sorry for all of the glove box talk...

@nvx1977 How often do I open the glove box - frequently...
Registration, insurance, trailer registration,
tire pressure gauge, fob batteries, and TeslaCam USB or TeslaUSB.
It was a nice thought to put the USB in there but it's a PITA.
I don't have excessively large hands but they barely fit for the USB.
I am OCD about the USB making sure it works and experimenting
with various models and the Raspberry pi implementations.

4 touches for me: Car > Fasten Seat Belt > Homelink > Glove box button
Done from passenger seat because I cannot reach the glove box from the driver seat.
It would not be so bad except they placed the glove box icon on the
bottom corner of the panel where it is overlayed by extra panels.

@JulienW and others: Voice commands do not work for me.
A botched intubation in a cervical spinal surgery paralyzed one of my vocal cords.
Since then my voice is weak and rarely works with any voice activated systems...

I want my button back,

Shawn
S3XY buttons may be a good option for you

Reactions: Goose66
What about on a long straight stretch? With a good alignment, I can go longer than FSD nags before having to make any corrections.
With FSD I have to constantly and consciously push on the wheel, over and over, for it to "feel" that I am there,

I would not be constantly jerking the wheel on a straight stretch of road unless I had a really bad alignment job.

My biggest complaint about FSDb, having to beat off my yoke the entire trip just so it doesn’t complain. Constant game of whack-a-mole on the super straight and smooth roads in Florida gets old quick.

Hi 10.69,

Sorry for all of the glove box talk...

@nvx1977 How often do I open the glove box - frequently...
Registration, insurance, trailer registration,
tire pressure gauge, fob batteries, and TeslaCam USB or TeslaUSB.
It was a nice thought to put the USB in there but it's a PITA.
I don't have excessively large hands but they barely fit for the USB.
I am OCD about the USB making sure it works and experimenting
with various models and the Raspberry pi implementations.

Done from passenger seat because I cannot reach the glove box from the driver seat.
It would not be so bad except they placed the glove box icon on the
bottom corner of the panel where it is overlayed by extra panels.

@JulienW and others: Voice commands do not work for me.
A botched intubation in a cervical spinal surgery paralyzed one of my vocal cords.
Since then my voice is weak and rarely works with any voice activated systems...

I want my button back,

Shawn

Can you post a video of this process? I have a glovebox button that’s readily available when I press the “car” button.

2) Setting aside cheat devices: It's not that I don't think no-warning strikes are real, I just am looking for video evidence of one, showing all relevant events leading up to the strike. I think you can probably agree that it is reasonable that extraordinary claims should require extraordinary evidence.
Exactly. Given the myriad of ways FSD has shown its ability to mess up, I don't find the claims extraordinary at all but more importantly, there have been numerous posts of people reporting similar occurrences. The video evidence you request (showing the drivers head and hands and the screen for a full 15 minutes prior to and including the event for an event that happens randomly and sporadically) is virtually impossible to provide, so what you're doing is setting an unreasonably high bar and then dismissing people's claims because they can't achieve your bar.
These do require affirmative response though, unlike a blank stare forward. Also, you could be asleep behind the sunglasses.
Infrared can see through sunglasses (like iPhones.)

Don't get confused with what Tesla requires vs what Tesla wants. They require looking forward, no cell phones, seatbelt fastened, weight on the seat and interaction with the steering wheel as evidenced by torque, blinker, stalk or scroll wheel use every 20-30 seconds. What they want is for drivers to be attentive and ready to assume control at any moment. I would argue that driver gaze is a better indicator of that than any of the other surrogates that they use.
A lot less frequent than this is required right now (I think? I guess I don't know the exact interval). Anyway, I mentioned elsewhere today that it seems reasonable that if there's good attention they could reduce wheel torque requirements. I actually think they might already be doing this, though I haven't really experimented with it. Just an impression. Could also just have been a function of software version 10.69.3.1 - not sure.
In general the initial text nag for FSD comes up after 10 seconds followed by the flashing blue screen, then beeps, then the red wheel of death. For Autopilot it's roughly every 30 seconds (external events like construction cones, lane uncertainty, etc can trigger an immediate attention request at any time.)

It's interesting that other driver assist systems like Ford's Blue Cruise actually advertise themselves as being hands free and use gaze detection without other nags yet Tesla refuses.

2) Setting aside cheat devices: It's not that I don't think no-warning strikes are real, I just am looking for video evidence of one, showing all relevant events leading up to the strike. I think you can probably agree that it is reasonable that extraordinary claims should require extraordinary evidence.

Exactly. Given the myriad of ways FSD has shown its ability to mess up, I don't find the claims extraordinary at all but more importantly, there have been numerous posts of people reporting similar occurrences. The video evidence you request (showing the drivers head and hands and the screen for a full 15 minutes prior to and including the event for an event that happens randomly and sporadically) is virtually impossible to provide, so what you're doing is setting an unreasonably high bar and then dismissing people's claims because they can't achieve your bar.

OTOH, 100% of Tesla's sudden unintended acceleration issues are user-error. The fact that we're getting lots of reports specifically pointing to insta-strikes on a release that we know to have targeted defeat devices leads me to believe by default that the vast majority (if not all) complaints about these strikes are user-error.

Just a single video that shows otherwise would convince me that there is a condition where FSD can glitch/throw strikes, and I'd be more willing to give people the benefit of the doubt (for the case where the problem only started occurring on 69.3.1).

I do think that outside of the defeat device use case, there's likely some legit auto-strike cases. They must be rare though. If the issue were more widespread, I would have expected to see one captured by now by any of the YT influencer cohort. It'd be nice to see it captured on video, even if that video doesn't show enough to give us an idea of the nature of the bug.

I'm not counting the 2022 MY cabin camera issue, which seems to be either auto-striking or preventing people from using FSDb. That issue does seem tied to the cabin camera hardware, even if Tesla hasn't officially acknowledge it yet.

And to be clear, my desire to see video evidence of insta-strikes does not imply that I think people are making this up. I believe it's so rare that there's little chance of capturing it on video.

Let's hope the concept of strikes goes away when v11 is released; then this becomes a non-issue.

Last edited:
I recently had a mobile service appointment. My GPS was taking forever to orient itself. They found the GPS antenna needed to be replaced. Turns out it is located behind the interior camera. I watched the guy replace it. He basically just pulled the black plastic out and unscrewed the camera which was part of the GPS antenna.
So the camera and GPS are the same unit, and very small.
This service repair did not stop the nags, even though you could call it a "calibration"

Last edited:
Hi 10.69,

Warning: More Glovebox detail per @Ramphex request

I did not want to bung up my YouTube channel of fabulous homemade fireworks
with glovebox detail, so I am showing it as a series of slides...

Evening view of display from refresh Model X:
Glovebox E-0.jpg

Evening view of display after return from dinner.
Note: The fasten seat belt display only shows after drive
when requesting controls display.
Glovebox E-1.jpg

Evening display after removing fasten seat belt display.
Glovebox E-2.jpg

Finally after removing the very LARGE Homelink button
the glovebox button is revealed...

Glovebox E-3.jpg

Too many presses for me...
Perhaps a smaller Homelink button elsewhere on the display would work...

Am I the only one who uses Homelink here?

Will probably order S3XY buttons - not for cheating FSDb but to get my glovebox back...

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977 and Ramphex
Hmm… This "employee" vehicle tends to get FSD Beta updates earlier but was excluded from FSD Beta 11 / 2022.40.5. It's now receiving 2022.40.4.5, so maybe it's actually FSD Beta 10.69.3.2 but merged to 2022.40.x branch for a wider release to those already on 2022.40.4.1 or 2022.40.4.2 which was widely pushed in the last few days?

teslafi 2022.40.4.5.png

Last edited:
The fact that we're getting lots of reports specifically pointing to insta-strikes on a release that we know to have targeted defeat devices leads me to believe by default that the vast majority (if not all) complaints about these strikes are user-error.
The reports predated the current release by months. Personally I've had 2 'insta strikes' that I've documented. Because I don't have a multi-angle VR camera setup in my car Alan doesn't believe me, though.

I'm sure there are strikes being generated by defeat devices but I'm specifically excluding such cases.

Hi 10.69,

Warning: More Glovebox detail per @Ramphex request

I did not want to bung up my YouTube channel of fabulous homemade fireworks
with glovebox detail, so I am showing it as a series of slides...

Evening view of display from refresh Model X:
View attachment 881855

Evening view of display after return from dinner.
Note: The fasten seat belt display only shows after drive
when requesting controls display.
View attachment 881858

Evening display after removing fasten seat belt display.
View attachment 881859

Finally after removing the very LARGE Homelink button
the glovebox button is revealed...

View attachment 881860

Too many presses for me...
Perhaps a smaller Homelink button elsewhere on the display would work...

Am I the only one who uses Homelink here?

Will probably order S3XY buttons - not for cheating FSDb but to get my glovebox back...

Shawn
Yet another example of the messed up UI!

The reports predated the current release by months. Personally I've had 2 'insta strikes' that I've documented. Because I don't have a multi-angle VR camera setup in my car Alan doesn't believe me, though.

I'm sure there are strikes being generated by defeat devices but I'm specifically excluding such cases.

yeah i probably wasn't clear in my last post. I was trying to say that aside from the likely defeat device cases recently, the insta-strike issue seemed rare, so much so that it has never been inadvertently captured by any of the influencer YT channels. Which makes it that much harder for any of us (who don't have a camera mount with a camera running all the time) to capture it. If a video with the issue surfaces up anywhere, it will likely first appear from an influencer channel, IMO.

Hmm… This "employee" vehicle tends to get FSD Beta updates earlier but was excluded from FSD Beta 11 / 2022.40.5. It's now receiving 2022.40.4.5, so maybe it's actually FSD Beta 10.69.3.2 but merged to 2022.40.x branch for a wider release to those already on 2022.40.4.1 or 2022.40.4.2 which was widely pushed in the last few days?

View attachment 881898

It's the .2, a.k.a. buttery smooth version