Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying FSDb on a rainy night in a completely dark neighborhood is just nerve-wracking ... it drives like a drunkard weaving between lanes without signaling, and to make the situation worse, I don't remember where is the defogger in the UI, the windshield is about to completely blurred and it's hard to look down on my the MCU while driving, a pickup is breathing on my neck ... eventually I found a side street to turn in and stopped to figure out where the stupid icon is ... at least it never crash into a ditch :oops:

Trying FSDb on a rainy night in a completely dark neighborhood is just nerve-wracking
The difference in experiences with FSD is always interesting.

Went on a longish drive yesterday when it was raining. While going, it was day time. While coming back it was night. No disengagements both ways - and FSD worked all the way, even though showed the capability may be degraded message. Infact NOA switched to AP for a few minutes on freeway .... and switched back to NOA a minute before exiting !

Having used beta for about a month now, the driving has been decent but my biggest issue has been the navigation. It's updating mid-drive without confirmation, making turns it shouldn't and adding a significant amount of times to my drive. Most of the time that's due to it avoiding (legal) u-turns without informing me, but it's frustrating.

Other issues are leaf piles (it hates them and will slam on the brakes if it sees one) and speed bumps, which it'll use to try and catch air.
So much for thinking the SF Bay area always had good drives :)

Reactions: El joe
Having used beta for about a month now, the driving has been decent but my biggest issue has been the navigation. It's updating mid-drive without confirmation, making turns it shouldn't and adding a significant amount of times to my drive. Most of the time that's due to it avoiding (legal) u-turns without informing me, but it's frustrating.

Other issues are leaf piles (it hates them and will slam on the brakes if it sees one) and speed bumps, which it'll use to try and catch air.
I'm impressed that it reacts to leaf piles. Perhaps there's something to this occupancy network.

Reactions: El joe

Went on a longish drive yesterday when it was raining. While going, it was day time. While coming back it was night. No disengagements both ways - and FSD worked all the way, even though showed the capability may be degraded message. Infact NOA switched to AP for a few minutes on freeway .... and switched back to NOA a minute before exiting !

I’ve had it drive well in the rain a couple times. But I’ve also had a few instances where it normally does well, but in the rain decided to attempt to drive into the curb

I’ve had it drive well in the rain a couple times. But I’ve also had a few instances where it normally does well, but in the rain decided to attempt to drive into the curb
Couple of things ...
- It probably depends on how hard it is raining. Heavier the rain, higher the chances of FSD bailing. We normally don't get heavy rain here.
- I make sure the windscreen is kept very clean (to avoid glare)

Couple of things ...
- It probably depends on how hard it is raining. Heavier the rain, higher the chances of FSD bailing. We normally don't get heavy rain here.
- I make sure the windscreen is kept very clean (to avoid glare)
FSD will typically disengage for me in moderate/heavy rain especially if there are cars around me or I am on the highway. At one time I kept track and it was 56% disengagement rate in moderate/heavy rain .

I have a similar experience on Thanksgiving night with light rain but on main roads/highways that have better light, only disengaged when there are too many splatters from other cars; the last bad experience was in a dark neighborhood (was visiting a friend) with no street lights and winding narrow roads that switch between one and two lanes ;)

Last edited:
I have a similar experience on Thanksgiving night with light rain but on main roads/highways that have better light, only disengaged when there are too many splatters from other cars; the last bad experience was in a dark neighborhood (was visiting a friend) with no street lights and winding narrow roads that switch between one and two lanes ;)
Based on this and other feedback I'll have to rename my robotaxi service to GWRT. "Good Weather Robotaxi Service" :)

This latest version is so bad, I have re-discovered the joy of just driving. So stressful to continuously monitor this bad joke as it does its best to make you look stupid to other drivers, (and I do feel stupid anyway for buying it and thinking it would ever come close to being useful). I don’t miss the nags, and it really is far easier to just drive. Not that hard at all. Face it, fsd will never work on present vehicles. A system that does work on controlled access highways is certainly possible, but why do something achievable when you can drag this city driving thing on forever?

This latest version is so bad, I have re-discovered the joy of just driving.....
I'm with you. 69.2.3 was GREAT and LOVED it. 69.3.1 is soooooo many steps back for me. This morning it was missing up time after time after time until I got pissed off and drove. After just a couple of minutes I was happy driving the car and felt like it was something new and special. Starting wonder if I'd be just as happy driving and also starting to wonder if it would be better to not drive a QAnon related car. 🤔 🙃 :oops:

I'm with you. 69.2.3 was GREAT and LOVED it. 69.3.1 is soooooo many steps back for me. This morning it was missing up time after time after time until I got pissed off and drove. After just a couple of minutes I was happy driving the car and felt like it was something new and special. Starting wonder if I'd be just as happy driving and also starting to wonder if it would be better to not drive a QAnon related car. 🤔 🙃 :oops:
Judging from that paragraph I doubt happy is really that attainable for you

I have never found using FSDBeta to be more enjoyable in any way vs regular driving, but every release I use it for a week or two regularly to check out the changes / progress. Mostly what I have seen recently is that there have been some pretty great improvements at intersections as it relates to making the actual turns. Where I see the most regressions lately is in lane picking. My sense is that it is relying more on vision than mapping to make lane decisions, and that is not yet up to par with decisions based purely on map data. I'm looking forward to the single stack release for highway driving, as I feel that is an area where it will really shine. The current implementation of NoA has enough issues related to estimating lane positioning of other cars during lane changes on 3+ lane roads that I don't like to use it much.

I try to be hopeful the next software release will show significant improvement without excessive regressions. Unfortunately the last couple of updates have been so far below expectations the FSDb light at the end of the tunnel feels like it's closing in. The improvements on the road are minimal and the release notes almost ridiculously disconnected. Gotta wonder if those release notes are a planned placebo to soften the blow.

It's a double edge sword for Elon. The need to roll-out FSDb to more customers and those customers feeling underwhelmed with the $15k experience.

Fingers crossed 10.69.3.3 and/or V11 finally shows promise.

Last edited:
Good news???? 40.4.10/69.3.3 just went to another car today. Betting this is the holiday update. Sure hope 69.3.3 is closer to 69.2.3 than 69.3.1 for me at least. Hoping to see some 🍎music to boot.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 2.20.13 PM.png

Good news???? 40.4.10/69.3.3 just went to another car today. Betting this is the holiday update. Sure hope 69.3.3 is closer to 69.2.3 than 69.3.1 for me at least. Hoping to see some 🍎music to boot.

The holiday update is 2022.44.25.1. So the Holiday FSD Beta build will likely be higher than that.

Rumor has it they haven't deiced what FSD Beta build to put in the holiday update yet: