Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have anything setup to record myself, but I drove to Atlanta from Columbia SC last week and didn't see one nag the entire trip.

That’s a remarkable result. I definitely would have seen a little brief flash of text warning at the bottom of the screen, at least, a couple times. Though AP/NOA is different I think. Not sure - would have to test.

Did you use FSD at all on the trip?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
That’s a remarkable result. I definitely would have seen a little brief flash of text warning at the bottom of the screen, at least, a couple times. Though AP/NOA is different I think. Not sure - would have to test.

Did you use FSD at all on the trip?
Yes, about a 4 mile stretch in Columbia and then all through Atlanta....plus getting off to SC the rest was NoA.

Yes, about a 4 mile stretch in Columbia and then all through Atlanta....plus getting off to SC the rest was NoA.

Interestingly different experience.

I experience extremely minimal nags. They’re not an issue at all. But not that!

Which vehicle? IR or no? It’s possible (just a random hypothesis) that IR-equipped cars could be zero-nag capable.

Interestingly different experience.

I experience extremely minimal nags. They’re not an issue at all. But not that!

Which vehicle? IR or no? It’s possible (just a random hypothesis) that IR-equipped cars could be zero-nag capable.
I assume the 2022 S has IR. I also wear polarized sunglasses 95% of the time with blue mirrored exterior lenses.

I assume the 2022 S has IR. I also wear polarized sunglasses 95% of the time with blue mirrored exterior lenses.

That could be a difference, who knows. Though my (extremely brief) tests were without glasses in late afternoon so you’d think it would not matter.

Anyway would be interesting to see video. I have not seen any videos showing this result (without SEXY button use of course). Then again, I don’t watch any videos, so that could be why. Most videos are oddly hands-off though (no idea why) so the set of videos to watch would be small I suppose.

Last edited:
I was able to mostly remove the nag by leaving my left hand at 7 or 8 oclock position and use my hand weight and a little additional force. But this position is tiring over long drives (still better than completely driving manually by miles). So I flip to right hand at 3 oclock position, also applying a slight force downwards. By alternating between these two positions, I can remove 99% of all nags. But it's does require a bit of effort and fatigue adds up on really long drives.

So I had to buy a weight device and try it out.

I'm too chicken to remove my hands completely for more than few seconds with the weight on the steering, so now my left hand is between 6 and 7 oclock position, just resting with no additional force. This works for me 100% of the time. So far, zero nags over about 10,000km.

At a later FSD version, I may try to remove the weight and try again with zero force and see if it works. Weight kinda works but it also makes a turn feel a bit wonky because the torque doesn't feel uniform at different turn positions.

Best solution for me would have been capacitive touch detection on the wheel + camera.

Lmfao this dog *sugar* just issued me a 3rd strike, without a warning, for having my phone on my chest recording the yoke and the dash with a wide angle view lens.

How convenient that they baked this *sugar* cabin camera protection into their *sugar* beta software so you can’t record how shitty it is.

Here’s the video of this nonsense. Tried to move the phone out of the cabin cameras view when it’s vageen started to bleed, but still got a strike. FSDb is legit just a pile of steamy garbage with all of its crap driving, nagging, cabin camera nonsense, etc.

2022 MY LR Must have very firm grip on wheel with both hands because at any instant, a bird may fly over or a cloud or something not visible to humans and the car may suddenly attempt to whip the wheel clockwise trying to escape to the ditch. I estimate the torque the car applies is around 24 ft lb and I have to be prepared to block that maneuver.

Additionally, because the most comfortable position for my right hand is blocking the view of the nag message, but I can see the blue flashing warning for failure to clear the nag in a timely manner, my current driving mode has to be: constantly torque the wheel back and forth at around 22 in oz of torque, (if I go over 25 in oz, it will immediately give up and kick out of FSDß and if I drop below 20 in oz it will immediately start flashing blue). As soon as I detect the next blue flash, (in 15 to 30 seconds), increase the left-right jerking just a little trying to hit the sweet spot where it will stop the nag, but not disengage. Most of the time I can satisfy it for another 15 seconds and then we do it again. . . . . . It's a pain in the rear, but just adds a little to the discomfort of the plastic un-perforated, un-cooled seat.

Here’s the video of this nonsense. Tried to move the phone out of the cabin cameras view when it’s vageen started to bleed, but still got a strike. FSDb is legit just a pile of steamy garbage with all of its crap driving, nagging, cabin camera nonsense, etc.

This cabin camera monitoring is pretty good! Impressive, I like it. At least we can say this was a correct result!

This cabin camera monitoring is pretty good! Impressive, I like it. At least we can say this was a correct result!
The fact that it can’t detect whether I’m looking at a phone or there’s a phone on my chest, makes it NOT good. Garbage software that cries when it sees a rectangular object.

Oh, I did not realize you had it strapped to your chest. I thought you were using a hand to hold it. In that case, garbage!
Using a hand to hold it yielded in “pay attention”, even when I wasn’t looking at the phone, and even when it wasn’t in my line of sight. The phone on the chest yielded in an immediate strike without a warning, as you see in the video.

Using a hand to hold it yielded in “pay attention”, even when I wasn’t looking at the phone, and even when it wasn’t in my line of sight. The phone on the chest yielded in an immediate strike without a warning, as you see in the video.
Almost seems like it might think that you fiddling with a device unrelated to your drive is a form of distraction or something. How odd.

Almost seems like it might think that you fiddling with a device unrelated to your drive is a form of distraction or something. How odd.
It was just there, recording, I wasn’t looking at the screen or anything. No warning and then boom, a strike. Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.

Prior to that I was trying to record by holding the phone on an angle pointing at the yoke and the dash from the middle between driver and passenger seat. That triggered a “pay attention” nag

It was just there, recording, I wasn’t looking at the screen or anything. No warning and then boom, a strike. Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.

Prior to that I was trying to record by holding the phone on an angle pointing at the yoke and the dash from the middle between driver and passenger seat. That triggered a “pay attention” nag
Right. In both of these cases, your attention is divided between driving and other tasks.

You're signed up as a beta tester. Their rule is to pay attention. How much are these activities detracting from your ability to monitor the road? I don't know. Is it an overreaction? Maybe? I don't know and the car doesn't know how much the outside activity is affecting your attention/judgement. It seems to be erring on the side of caution, but again, it's a beta test program...

Reactions: Mullermn
Right. In both of these cases, your attention is divided between driving and other tasks.

You're signed up as a beta tester. Their rule is to pay attention. How much are these activities detracting from your ability to monitor the road? I don't know. Is it an overreaction? Maybe? I don't know and the car doesn't know how much the outside activity is affecting your attention/judgement. It seems to be erring on the side of caution, but again, it's a beta test program...
Would be funny to see someone get a strike because the person from the back seat was recording FSD beta

Would be funny to see someone get a strike because the person from the back seat was recording FSD beta
That would certainly be way out of line.

What will be interesting is the level of "attention" notices / strikes once the system is no longer billed as "beta", though, I think they're going to keep that "beta" tag on there for a long, long time.

Yeah it is a bit silly. They are not much of an issue. Again, the idea is determine how to achieve absolutely zero nags, and to identify impediments to that goal. Having even the preliminary warning come up is a distraction, so the question is how you can *completely* eliminate those without doing anything - no button, no nothing. Literally do nothing but drive the car normally - how can zero nags be obtained with 10.69.3?
Is zero nag really the right goal as long as auto pilot is a drive assist system? I don't get a lot of nags but I don't mind them when I do because it brings me back to the primary task driving/supervising the car. I pretty much keep at least one hand on the wheel and I like to try to stay "connected" to the road. When I get a nag I kinda feel I hadn't been as "in tune" with driving as I should be.

Apropos to thread title: One of the my current issues a "glitch" with the speed limit when making a turn. It will either carry on a dramatically higher speed limit (possibly carried over from the previous road) or it will drop to a lower speed limit for a few hundred feet and then get then figure out what the speed limit is. I know there has been discussions about map data being a possible issue here. It wouldn't surprise me if part of the issue is that for that little short stretch it doesn't have speed limit data and it using various rules to come up with an appropriate one (and doesn't always get it right)

Reactions: GSP